OASIS - June 25th Review

DSC_0646.jpg

Oh Jamaica! I actually love Jamaica. I know, I know some of you hate it, but we have always had pretty good experiences. This was our 3rd time to Jamaica, but (obviously) the first time our ship called on Falmouth. We usually wing it either rent a jeep or hire a private tour guide, it depends on the island. As we were looking into all inclusive places close to Falmouth, DH came home from his office and said he spoke to an associate who just spent a week at Iberostar suites Rose Hall and recommended it. Other then Oasis- the Ship, this was the highlight of the cruise and our excursions. Wow, I dont often land vacation but I want to book a get away here right away. (Iberostar pics in following post)

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

This was breakfast at Park Café….

I think the Egg Panini has pesto. Double check this if you have an allergy to nuts. It might just be a basil oil or aioli, but it looked like pesto to me.

DSC_0648.jpg

One of my favorite breakfasts- this was a [sesame] bagel with a roasted garlic and sun dried tomato cream cheese and lox.

DSC_0651.jpg

If you’re just peeking in- again, I was surprised there is an elevator when you disembark for excursions!

DSC_0656.jpg

The bagel with salmon......where was it served. My husband could live on this!!! Want to make sure he gets a few!!

Hi Stacey

Enjoying your Oasis pictorial review.

You have motivated me to go thru the over 3,000 :eek::eek: pictures we took in May of the 2 weeks on the Allure and the week in Mouse/Potter land right after the cruise. I might even update my sig to show what's coming up.;)

Got to put them up and post a selection here.

Thank you so much for the excellent info! So this is different than the Hilton Rose Hall resort that many people mention on CC (in Montego Bay)? The pix look different. Here is the waterpark at the HIlton http://www.rosehallresort.com/resort_activities/water_park.cfm

This is definitely the excursion we'd like to do so I am just trying to figure out. Do you happen to have the contact where your DH made the ressies? Also, did you take a cab there? Looks like the Rose Hall SUITES have the lazy river but not the BEACH property? Am I right about that?

Thanks again for all the wonderful pix and your time answering our nit-picky questions!

Katherine

You're right, suites has the lazy river (& was recommended to us) and beach does not have a lazy river. It is a different property from the Hilton. I

ll have to ask DH if he has the contact info for iberostar suites.

The bagel with salmon......where was it served. My husband could live on this!!! Want to make sure he gets a few!!

Park Cafe for breakfast. They offer 2 different cream cheeses- I dont remember the other. it was my fave, but you could barely taste roasted garlic in the cc.

Hi Stacey

Enjoying your Oasis pictorial review.

You have motivated me to go thru the over 3,000 :eek::eek: pictures we took in May of the 2 weeks on the Allure and the week in Mouse/Potter land right after the cruise. I might even update my sig to show what's coming up.;)

Got to put them up and post a selection here.

Dave!!! So glad you found my thread and stopped in to read!!

I would love to see your Allure pics!

Oh Stacey I am loving your review. I sooo wish we were on this with you after reading it. We would have had such a blast together. And oh the Sushi, finally, looked awesome.

So was this your favorite cruise so far? Miss you guys. Can't wait to read the rest of your review. Thanks for sharing. I half feel like I was there with you.:cool:

Not sure what is happening, but some of your photo's are lost. There is a little box in place of the photo that says "Upgrade to pro today; bandwith exceeded; photobucket".

Because so many people quoted her picture posts, the pictures load more and more. Plus, there are lots of pictures on this review. Photobucket will shut down the links if there is too much traffic coming their way. They mainly do this because of people that abuse the priviledge of their free service. This isn't an abuse, but it's hard for them to tell the difference.

The ability to see the pictures should come back, but it could happen again as people continue to quote the pictures.

Oh Stacey I am loving your review. I sooo wish we were on this with you after reading it. We would have had such a blast together. And oh the Sushi, finally, looked awesome.

So was this your favorite cruise so far? Miss you guys. Can't wait to read the rest of your review. Thanks for sharing. I half feel like I was there with you.:cool:

Really? Not!

The best cruise is STILL and always will be the cruise with YOU guys!

Thanks for reading, we also wish you guys were there with us!

BrianAlt - I might just have to upgrade! I forgot Photobucket limits ....

Because so many people quoted her picture posts, the pictures load more and more. Plus, there are lots of pictures on this review. Photobucket will shut down the links if there is too much traffic coming their way. They mainly do this because of people that abuse the priviledge of their free service. This isn't an abuse, but it's hard for them to tell the difference.

The ability to see the pictures should come back, but it could happen again as people continue to quote the pictures.

It really would be better for all if people would delete the links to the photos when they quote. Seeing the same pictures several times tends to slow everything down. And that is not to say that the picture are not great to see. They just don't need to be repeated.

It really would be better for all if people would delete the links to the photos when they quote. Seeing the same pictures several times tends to slow everything down. And that is not to say that the picture are not great to see. They just don't need to be repeated.

Im sure most people are not tech savvy enough- some probably are and just continue to quote and leave the pics in...but my best guess is the majority just arent savvy enough.

Im trying to remedy the picture issue... Its just going to take some time.

Hey Stace!!!!!! Great review.........my only disappointment is.....I can't see the pictures you posted! But, I like reading about everything! One of these days I'm getting my butt on either the Oasis or Allure!

Thanks for posting your review! Enjoying it very much!

I have a silly question for you. I read that you wanted your sushi with a different paper not the nori seaweed. I love sushi and I love nori, is there something that I am missing? Im not trying to be sarcastic or anything I am really curious. Is nori bad for you or is the other stuff better? Whats the scoop?

Hey Stace!!!!!! Great review.........my only disappointment is.....I can't see the pictures you posted! But, I like reading about everything! One of these days I'm getting my butt on either the Oasis or Allure!

Hi Kathy! My pics were too big, but I have since changed them all to a manageable size..I guess Im waiting for photobucket to reset (or something). Check back later. You guys would love Oasis!

Thanks for posting your review! Enjoying it very much!

I have a silly question for you. I read that you wanted your sushi with a different paper not the nori seaweed. I love sushi and I love nori, is there something that I am missing? Im not trying to be sarcastic or anything I am really curious. Is nori bad for you or is the other stuff better? Whats the scoop?

You're not missing anything, I just don't like the taste of dark nori. At our local sushi place they make our rolls with white seaweed, it is pretty flavorless. Soy paper is a great alternative too.

Archived