How to know when a ship is sold out or nearly?

Is there a website or some other way on RCCL to tell exactly how full the ship is prior to sailing? The reason I am asking is because my son might be home 1-2 weeks before our cruise, and I need to find out. He is deployed right now, so no way to tell for sure if he will make it onboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Other than calling, there's no definitive way of knowing because it's always in flux. People are always booking and canceling every minute. Plus, unless he's already booked, you may not be able to add him if the ship is already to capacity. Even if there are open cabins, if the ship is at legal capacity, you won't be able to book him, even if you had a suite or quad cabin.

If you pretend to book your cruise, and the site has a max of say 10 cabins it shows in any category, if you see less than 10 then these are all that is left in that category .. and go thru the categorys and monitor it that way.

If the cruise is far away, then probably there is no knowing. That only works as you get closer into the date your cruise is leaving.

Archived