Carnival Liberty Eastern - Which Side Balcony?

Roma Belle

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty Eastern next year and are trying to figure out which side of the ship we should book. This is our first time trying a balcony.

I am an early riser and would love to sit out on the balcony to watch us come into ports. Is there one side of the ship that has more to look at in the mornings, or are there certain reasons not too book a certain side (ie outside (or inside from other decks) noise?

We are looking exclusively at the Empress Deck 8C category if that helps.

Thanks!

side does not matter- one port will get the port view the next port the other side will get the view.

In st marten your view could be the ship that is docking next to you-- or you can face the waters.

A captain decides how to dock with many things factoring into the decision. when you arrive, when you leave how many ships are there.

Do not book a cabin based on seeing the port- you could be disappointed

Did this cruise last year and our cabin was on port side. The only days when we docked port side were St. Thomas and Nassau I believe.

In St. Thomas it should have been starboard (right) facing the pier. I never seen a cruise ship back in to that port.

I book my balcony on the side that will get the least amount of afternoon sun. Sometimes, it is just too hot or bright on the balcony so I use that reasoning (along with I burn easily) to determine where the sun is going to be most often. With the Liberty's Eastern itinerary though, it looks like you have one sea day each way - so there is no real difference. Some cruises have 2 sea days heading south and 1 heading north. In that case I book port so that I will have less sun on the two days.

In St. Thomas it should have been starboard (right) facing the pier. I never seen a cruise ship back in to that port.

Suppose if they docked at another area?

(crown bay is used -not by much but if too many ships call this is where they would go.

Suppose if they docked at another area?

(crown bay is used -not by much but if too many ships call this is where they would go.

I couldn't tell you exactly where we docked but I do remember sitting by the window watching everyone get back on the ship and i've always had port-side rooms. Guess it goes to show that how a ship docks can vary.

LOL. I was trying to figure this out too for the Liberty Eastern cruise. Hoping not to miss the pier runners. Other than that I'm not sure there is any major advantage one side of the ship over the other. Although I am glad I was on starboard, because being on Upper deck the noise from the lounge below was not bad at all.

LOL. I was trying to figure this out too for the Liberty Eastern cruise. Hoping not to miss the pier runners. Other than that I'm not sure there is any major advantage one side of the ship over the other. Although I am glad I was on starboard, because being on Upper deck the noise from the lounge below was not bad at all.

We were on port side in St. Thomas. I much prefer this view rather than a view of the pier on starboard. (sorry the pic looks green. This is 3 years old and I have no idea what I did to it back then, LOL!)

232323232%7Ffp43238%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E293%3E275%3EWSNRCG%3D323363%3A2%3A8858nu0mrj

We will be on the Liberty over Thanksgiving. I guess we are on Starboard (right side)? If we are doing Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman are we on the wrong side, if there could be a wrong side? LOL

There are several ways the ship could arrive on Coz. It's a crapshoot. In Roatan, more than likely it will be port side facing the pier/island. Belize and Cayman are tenders. No piers.

Archived