Informative web site about pickpockets and scams

jajohnson

On our Royal cruise this last April Princess brought Bob Arno on board to perform several shows. Bob was a professional pickpocket who now works with law enforcement agencies worldwide catching pickpockets and educating travelers on how to protect themselves from pickpockets and scams. He put on a series of very informative shows (all packed) and shared with us a web site that he has built to educate travelers on pickpockets and scams, http://bobarno.com/thiefhunters/. It was fascinating to watch him repeatedly take items like watches and other items (even neckties) from the audience members even after he had them on stage and they knew he was going after them. In addition he is putting together a National Geograhic show to air this fall.

Hopefully it might make everyone more aware..........

John

Wow, interesting site. For the past number of years when we travel, I have sewn an extra pocket inside the waistband of my husband's pants. He carries kleenex in his outer pocket, but his money and passport (when necessary) is only accessible if he puts his hands down the inside front of his pants. If anyone is going to attempt to pick that pocket, they are going to have to get up close and very personal with him, first.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

This is a pet peeve of mine. In San Francisco I take public transportation, and often see a group of tourists boards a bus, asks the driver for directions, stand on a bus laughing with each other - and if I tell a woman that her purse is opened, I get laughed at.

It takes just one pick-pocket to spoil your vacations. :mad:

Archived