Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea ????

texkan

I read in the RCCL description of the excursion that yu may walk along the beach in Nevis and pick up shells.

Does anyone recall there being shells on the beach where they had the barbeque? I don't mean the huge conch shells.

Thanks

There might have been some but not very many. Can't recall for sure.

None are apparent in the photos, but there are probably a few around in the water:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Constellation-3-23-07-10-Day/St-Kitts-and-the-Fan-Ta-Sea/2988214_5Npmkd#!i=161862047&k=tp6VL

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Caribbean-March-15-2010/St-Kitts-Catamaran-Fan-ta-sea/11693623_9LBTsR#!i=825049219&k=2Rnqb

Beach is nice to walk around and swim a little but shelling would not be a key feature.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am a "sheller" and have not been to Nevis. RCCL's tour description does mention shells, so I thought it might be a new experience. There are lots of shells on the beaches in St Kitts.

thanks again!

As I said, I can't recall for sure. But I'd suspect the beaches on Nevis are very similar to St. Kitts. The beach where they stop on Nevis is 3.5 miles from Cockelshell beach on St. Kitts and open to the same body of water. I just measured the distance from point to point on Google Earth. Of course one points South and the other Northwest, but they are very close. I suspect if one has shells the other may as well.

Back from the 01/28 sailing of the Serenade and did this excursion when we were in ST. Kitts. Our second time doing this excursion. It was really windy the day we sailed and once the sails were out people up front got really wet! Lots of fun though. Lunch was great. Crew was wonderful. The cat we were on was The Spirit. Not sure of the name of the company running it. Sand at Nevis was not that hot the day we were there but they did bring everyone's shoes onto the island.

-Kristi

• 1 year later...

I cannot find any recent reviews on the St. Kitts Carnival Fantasea. I am new to the boards so I hope I am looking in the correct place. Can any of you give me a recent review? Did you have time to shop by the port after? Was it crowded? Was it a long day?

I cannot find any recent reviews on the St. Kitts Carnival Fantasea. I am new to the boards so I hope I am looking in the correct place. Can any of you give me a recent review? Did you have time to shop by the port after? Was it crowded? Was it a long day?

It was a great excursion! Having been to St Kitts a few times and having only done beach breaks before, this is the excursion I would do again. Excellent crew. Being a ship's excursion meant it was pretty full on the catamaran, but there was no trouble finding a place to sit in the sun or in the shade. We had about 45 minutes to shop at the port before we had to catch a tender. It was at least a 6 - 7 hour excursion, but did not feel long because it is broken up well with the sail to the snorkeling spot, snorkel time, sail to Nevis, lunch, beach time, and sail back to the port.

Enjoy this great day!

• 1 month later...

We just did this excursion last week. Carnival had just changed the company they have run it and we were the very first group to use the new company. The men were very nice, upbeat, full of energy, and fun. The problems were they ran out of life jackets completely, out of adult snorkle gear (we used children's), and out of several of the lunch choices. I talked to the Shore Excursion desk on the ship and they refunded us 20%. The desk employees were very nice and actually happy to hear from us since this was the company's first day to run the excursion. They planned to have a Carnival employee take the excursion. As for children, there were none on our group but I would not have felt comfortable having my own if they were not teenage age or older. I think carnival will check in to this and what we did experience will not happen again.

We just did this excursion last week. Carnival had just changed the company they have run it and we were the very first group to use the new company. The men were very nice, upbeat, full of energy, and fun. The problems were they ran out of life jackets completely, out of adult snorkle gear (we used children's), and out of several of the lunch choices. I talked to the Shore Excursion desk on the ship and they refunded us 20%. The desk employees were very nice and actually happy to hear from us since this was the company's first day to run the excursion. They planned to have a Carnival employee take the excursion. As for children, there were none on our group but I would not have felt comfortable having my own if they were not teenage age or older. I think carnival will check in to this and what we did experience will not happen again.

Thanks for reporting back on this!

Seems the way things were aren't the way things are now! :(

LuLu

~~~~

Archived