Cabin under showroom....

Kween Karen

I know this has been discussed a lot in the case of different cabins but I can't remember!! You know how that goes!!

So......I am looking at booking a cabin under the showroom. What are the noises I would be dealing with??? (specificall category K on the Prinsendam....but I assume they would all be similar.)

Input please...............

On another cruise line, we were in a cabin under the showroom and the music at night (for the late show) was not what I wanted when I was tired and wanted to sleep. I try to stay away from noise producers when booking a cabin.

And as an aside, I have to thank you for your blog with updates on Max and the rest of your family. What a wonderful mom/grandmother/blogger you are!

Thank you....for the information and the "atta boy"!

I am thinking noise from a show would not be a problem since the shows on Prinsendam for early dining start at 8:00 and that is the show that I attend.

Not sure if they practice in the wee hours though...........

I think it depends in part on personality type - and I'm the wrong type.

We did it once in order to get a verandah and it was a mixed blessing. The show seems to go on forever on nights you're tired.

We came prepared with earplugs and 'relaxing' CD's on the I-Pods, but it's the fact that I could hear it and couldn't turn if off that was the hard part.

Not a good idea for control freaks, but probably no problem for the well adjusted?

I guess it would depend on your sleep habits and the acuity of your hearing. We once had a far-forward lower prom cabin (two cabins from the forward exit and under the theater) on MS Volendam. Bass vibes from the musicians transmitted through the structure of the ship. We also could tell during times we were awake if there were rehearsals or other activity in the theater. Guess we're not light sleepers because once asleep, noise didn't wake us.

:) We very often book cabins under the showroom and never were bothered by the noise. Shows are usually all done by about 10pm We are usually up way past midnite. However a lot goes on in the showroom all day long including practice. If you like to nap in the afternoon you may be bothered a bit.

I am thinking noise from a show would not be a problem since the shows on Prinsendam for early dining start at 8:00 and that is the show that I attend.

Not sure if they practice in the wee hours though...........

On my recent Prinsendam cruise, the late show was at 10:00 PM; it was over by 11:00. I don't remember it ever being very loud, but that's not to say how it would have sounded to those below.

Twice during the cruise there was a late-night crew show.

Rehersals were held during the day.

We were over the showroom i a veranda one time and we did hear the late show and the practices. It didn't really bother us a lot but ear plugs would help and we decided to try to avoid it in the future. We were also over the Ocean Lounge once and could hear the music there each night.

We were on a ship once with someone who had gotten a super bargain on a cabin -- that turned out to be under the restrooms by the showroom and said that the sounds of flushing were loud and clear and common in their cabin.

Don't know if that is an issue -- never heard anyone else complain about it.

Archived