What time did you disembark from the Allure?

We can book an 11:55 am or a 2:10 pm flight home from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport on the Sunday that we disembark from the Allure in January. Which flight should we book? I understand that the airport is very close to the airport. How long is the taxi ride from the pier to the airport?

We have an 11 o'clock flight home from FLL after our upcoming Allure cruise. I'm not concerned at all. We will either self-disembark or we will arrange to be in the first group called off the ship (depending upon our luggage situation and whether we feel we can manage it ourselves.)

Thanks for the reply. We are wondering whether it's worth it to rush off the ship or should we take our time and stay on the Allure as long as possible to make our cruise last longer? What's open on the ship on disembarkation morning? We are diamond members and I know there is a special disembarkation waiting area where they serve pastries and coffee in the morning.

Last week, we lingered past our 7:15 AM departure time (#2 tags...I have no clue how we scored those), we were off the ship at around 8:30 AM and at our gate by 9:30 AM (with two young kids). We had a 12:30 PM flight, so we spent three long hours at the airport. So, my suggestion would be to linger longer than we did and take the earlier flight.

As for what's open, I'm not entirely sure, but we hung out in the Solarium Bistro with its full breakfast spread.

Edited by figgyva

I was on the Allure Last month and had a 11:30am Flight at the Fort Lauderdale airport. We did the express and walked off on our own. Had Breakfast at 630am and walked off the ship at 715 (there was NO line at all) and were at the airport 3 hours early!!! So flights in the 11am hour are fine dont know if I would do anything before 11am.

Thanks for the reply. We are wondering whether it's worth it to rush off the ship or should we take our time and stay on the Allure as long as possible to make our cruise last longer? What's open on the ship on disembarkation morning? We are diamond members and I know there is a special disembarkation waiting area where they serve pastries and coffee in the morning.

We just sailed on the Allure a few weeks back and had tag #62. One of the last ones off the ship. Got off around 9:45am.

There was not that much open. Some of the restaurants were open for breakfast and a few lounges. You will be fine with an 11:55 am departure from FLL no matter what time you get off the ship!

Last week July 10 we had number 40 something and were off the ship by 8:30. Under normal conditions your 11:55 flight should be no problem. Airport is about 10 minutes from cruise terminsl and lots of cabs.

I said normal conditions, once saw a problem with security at the pier and was delayed about an hour. Also saw delays at airport but even so 11:55 is reasonable.

If you get a high number just go to guest services and theyw ill give you a lower number

Edited by Cruise-A-Hoy

Wow, you are all early risers! We'd like to wake up at 8:00 and eat breakfast. Then we'd like to return to our stateroom, grab our carry-ons and leave the ship. How late can you stay in your stateroom? (On the Adventure we didn't have to vacate our stateroom until 10:00 am.) How late was the Windjammer or other breakfast place open on the Allure? Where is the best place to eat a real breakfast on the Allure on disemberkation day?

Edited by cruisecookie

Wow, you are all early risers! We'd like to wake up at 8:00 and eat breakfast. Then we'd like to return to our stateroom, grab our carry-ons and leave the ship. How late can you stay in your stateroom? (On the Adventure we didn't have to vacate our stateroom until 10:00 am.) How late was the Windjammer or other breakfast place open on the Allure? Where is the best place to eat a real breakfast on the Allure on disemberkation day?

We were able to stay in our Stateroom until 8:30am, (have 2 small children to get ready) but we had workers knocking on our door every 5 minutes, so not much after that!

We ate in the Solarium for breakfast on our final morning. That is the best breakfast place on the ship!

Edited by bradley22heat

The longer you stay on the ship, the longer those boarding passengers have to wait to get on the ship. If the folks on the cruise before you wanted to linger past 10AM, keep in mind that your embarkation would not start until later than it normally does (11AM). If that happened, you probably wouldn't be too happy, would you? Be considerate of those that can't wait to get on the ship -- just like you couldn't wait to get on the ship . . .;)

• 1 year later...

Currently I have a 10:55 flight scheduled. This is our first cruise. I don't have an issue getting moving early. I would rather not miss our flight though. Is this too agressive? Can we disembark by ourselves with our luggage? I don't have any idea how this works.

Thanks for any replies to this. Sailing in March.

Currently I have a 10:55 flight scheduled. This is our first cruise. I don't have an issue getting moving early. I would rather not miss our flight though. Is this too agressive? Can we disembark by ourselves with our luggage? I don't have any idea how this works.

Thanks for any replies to this. Sailing in March.

You should be fine. If you want to self-disembark, that will save you 20 minutes or so. You actually have enough time to have them take off your bags if you get the earliest tag number possible.

Allure and Oasis arrive about 5am, so people are usually getting off by 6am.

They have 6000 people waiting to get on that ship so yeah, you do not have the option to take your time.

• 1 year later...

We are booking a private transfer to the Miami port, we are leaving the Allure of the Seas in fort Lauderdale and then the same day taking another cruise in Miami. What is a safe time to book this? that we know we will be off the allure and finished getting the luggage and ready to be picked up in the worse case scenario.

10 am or 10:30 am be a safe arranged pickup time for this?

We can book an 11:55 am or a 2:10 pm flight home from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport on the Sunday that we disembark from the Allure in January. Which flight should we book? I understand that the airport is very close to the airport. How long is the taxi ride from the pier to the airport?

Taxi is 10-15 minutes to the airport. The early flight is fine

As diamond members, you know there is very little if anything to do on debarkation day. Staying on longer does not make the cruise last longer

Taxi is 10-15 minutes to the airport. The early flight is fine

As diamond members, you know there is very little if anything to do on debarkation day. Staying on longer does not make the cruise last longer

You do realize that the OP wrote this thread 2.5 years ago....

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this as I haven't yet found my specific question...

I see lots of folks talk about doing the Express Walk Off at 0'dark 30. I do see that one of the latest debarkations are around 8:30.

We are on Allure in November. I just want to know if we carry our own bags off, can we just leave at any time we want between 6:30 and 8:30 without making arrangements with anyone ahead of time? Our flight isn't until noon.

Thanks!

We recently disembarked at 10:00 am. No one checked to make sure we were leaving at our assigned time slot. Of you go earlier than your time, your luggage may not be there. If you go later, your luggage will just be sitting there waiting.

We are booking a private transfer to the Miami port, we are leaving the Allure of the Seas in fort Lauderdale and then the same day taking another cruise in Miami. What is a safe time to book this? that we know we will be off the allure and finished getting the luggage and ready to be picked up in the worse case scenario.

10 am or 10:30 am be a safe arranged pickup time for this?

Just read your post today.

When is your sailing?

We were off the Allure on April 27th, then transfered to Port of Miami to board the Epic on the same day. We disembark around 9am, pre-arranged pick up at 9.30 and reached POM around 10.30. Waited a few minutes then started checking in.

Enjoy your cruise!

We recently disembarked at 10:00 am. No one checked to make sure we were leaving at our assigned time slot. Of you go earlier than your time, your luggage may not be there. If you go later, your luggage will just be sitting there waiting.

Thanks!

Resurrecting this as I haven't yet found my specific question...

I see lots of folks talk about doing the Express Walk Off at 0'dark 30. I do see that one of the latest debarkations are around 8:30.

We are on Allure in November. I just want to know if we carry our own bags off, can we just leave at any time we want between 6:30 and 8:30 without making arrangements with anyone ahead of time? Our flight isn't until noon.

Thanks!

We were recently on the Allure and did self debark and it was between 6:30 am - 7:30 am. There was a long line at customs and there are a ton of taxis so we arrived at about 8 at the airport. But, SW will only allow you to check bags in 2 hours before your flight.