Pubs/Restaurants Near The Rubens At The Palace Hotel

I'm looking for some Pubs and/or Restaurants near The Rubens At the Palace Hotel. Something nice... not too fancy with good food and service.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with us.

Pat :)

We stayed at the Rubens in 2009. I am not sure of their names but there are quite a few pubs and restaurants around the Rubens hotel. We enjoyed many meals in the pubs in the area.

What we learned going to the pubs - go to the bar, order & pay for your drinks. If ordering food with the drinks, pay for the drinks, order & pay for the food and they will bring the food to the table.

We stayed 2x in the area. There are HOHO bus, regular bus, tube, stores, pubs, restaurant, grocery store, Buckingham Palace, The Mews, The Mall, The Royal Gallery in the area.

Pat,

I would ask the concierge at The Rubens-he or she will definitely know the best local restaurants. I have never stayed at the Rubens, but have toured it and had dinner there (I was a travel manager in a former life!) and the restaurant at the hotel was excellent. This is a lovely hotel and they will take care of you and I would trust them to make good recommendations!

We have stayed at the Rubens, many times, starting back in 1979...

At that time it was a bit faded, but TODAY, it has been recreated in all her glory. You will not be disappointed.....

But - to your original query, across Buckingham Palace Rd. a block away from the Rubens is a wonderful little place called Bumbles. No. 16 Buckingham Palace Road. Suggest you take a look: Bumbles1950.com

Archived