GS on Freedom or 2 Balconies on Oasis

Traveling with DH and 2 daughters (10 and 14). Would you go for the Grand Suite on the Freedom or 2 balcony rooms on the Oasis?

We are looking at Western sailing in January. Rates are similar for both options.

Most people will probably tell you 2 balconies because of the 2 bathrooms and real beds for everyone.

But, I LOVE the Grand Suite, it was fabulous for us (on Liberty) and our kids were 9/10 then. Can yours deal w/a sofa bed? That's another consideration.

Personally I like the Concierge lounge, the snacks before dinner, the continental breakfast and cappuccino at the ready, plus the drinks, etc. And my dh and I usually shower in the gym area (awesome showers) which helps considerably w/4 people getting ready. And you get more cruise credits if you're trying to climb levels.

We are cruising Oasis this year so ship-wise I can't compare but I will say my kids are more than happy on anything Voyager class and above (give them a rock wall, mini-golf, sports court and they are good), with pizza in the Promenade, etc.

I agree with the PP. I did 2 balconies on the Allure with our girls and it was great. It was like a "2 room suite"...we could shut our door for privacy anytime we wanted. The balcony was opened between the two rooms, it was great. You'll love the Oasis but I haven't been on the Freedom so I can't tell you about the difference in ships.

Is the Grand suite more $$$???

Archived