Oosterdam Sets Sail for Australia & New Zealand - October 2012

ironin

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but just noticed that the Oosterdam is scheduled to depart from Vancouver, BC for Australia & New Zealand at the end of the Alaska cruise season (October 1, 2012). After 5 months in the lands down under, the Oosterdam will set sail for Seattle on April 13, 2013 for the beginning of the Alaska cruise season.

Looks like the Zaandam will be spending that winter alternating between the 7-day Mexican Riviera run and the 14-day Circle Hawaii r/t out of San Diego.

Thanks for the information.

The Mexican hasn't been profitable the last couple of years -- and now with all the violence in that area -- I am not surprised.

Also when we were on our recent Amsterdam cruise -- it was mentioned that HAL is moving out of the North American market.

So we will see fewer ships even in the Caribbean.

Yes, this information was been posted here when the itineraries were posted on the HAL website.

We look forward to seeing the Oosterdam in our ports, maybe we will be able to cruise on her while she is out here.

Yes but I wish they would have some based in our winter. I certainly do not want to cruise up north in the summer. It is hot enough in Sydney.

It would be nice to be able to cruise the Pacific Islands etc. during our winter months. I have to agree, cruising in Summer is not for everyone.

I so agree with both of you! I cruised in Australia this past March, and I vowed that if I ever go there again, it will be in July.

Good grief, the heat was brutal! Those temperatures of "35" would have been fine in Fahrenheit---but in Celsius :eek:, oh my.

Archived