Capt Bob - Soualiga Destinations

Capt Bob does not charge for drinks/water on his boat. You are not allowed to take drinks/water to lunch at the restaurant. There is NO bathroom on the boat. Yes, bathroom at restaurant or go in the Caribbean just like the fish.

The stops are areas to snorkel and one very nice stop for lunch. Bob provides snorkel gear for those that do not have their own.

Bob does appreciate tip at end of excursion.

Thanks for the super fast answer...

I figured a boat that small wouldn't have a bathroom, but just wanted to verify...

Guess I'll make like the fishes while snorkeling. :D

Very cool that Capt. Bob supplies the drinks onboard...

Will budget for the restaurant.

The tip shall go up accordingly.:)

Bill

Thanks for the super fast answer...

I figured a boat that small wouldn't have a bathroom, but just wanted to verify...

Guess I'll make like the fishes while snorkeling. :D

Very cool that Capt. Bob supplies the drinks onboard...

Will budget for the restaurant.

The tip shall go up accordingly.:)

Bill

Have a GREAT time with Capt Bob - very nice man and lots of FUN!!! Drinks on the boat were water, soda and beer

Edited by texkan

If you go to tripadvisor you will find many reviews from people that had one of Capt. Bob's asocciates as their captain and all seem to be extremely happy. Capt. Bob has a great reputation that he values highly and would not offer you a sub par experience.

I see that the first part of my earlier post does not show, just the reply noted above.

Just reporting back that we did in fact have a sub par experience with Capt. Bob's associate Tyrel. Afterwards, Capt. Bob offered to take us out on another trip, but we were only in St. Martin for the one day on our cruise so obviously could not give him another chance to redeem his reputation with us.

Perhaps my expectations were too high based on the excellent reviews, but they were not met. The worst part of the day was that all snorkel gear was dumped back into one box after the first stop, so for the next two stops, those who chose to use it again used unsanitized gear that was most likely not what they had used the first time. It was impossible to distinguish as it was all identical. There was nothing to sanitize it onboard. Very disappointed that we were not able to snorkel after the first stop. There were other minor issues, but this really impacted more than half the day as we had really looked forward to the snorkeling.

Capt. Bob emailed afterwards that this will be corrected, but definitely something to be aware of and verify has been done.

Capt. Bob sounds like a fun guy who runs a great excursion. One quick question, has anyone booked him from the Nieuw Amsterdam that sails at 1500 hr's???? I doubt it that would be enough time, boarding at 1430??? Any comments....;)

I suggest that you talk with Capt Bob about your booking and time that your ship sails. He would be the one to answer your question.

• 2 weeks later...
The worst part of the day was that all snorkel gear was dumped back into one box after the first stop, so for the next two stops, those who chose to use it again used unsanitized gear that was most likely not what they had used the first time. It was impossible to distinguish as it was all identical. There was nothing to sanitize it onboard. Very disappointed that we were not able to snorkel after the first stop. There were other minor issues, but this really impacted more than half the day as we had really looked forward to the snorkeling.

Capt. Bob emailed afterwards that this will be corrected, but definitely something to be aware of and verify has been done.

Can verify that Capt. Bob took our flippers and kept them by the engines, but asked that we keep our own mask and snorkle with us all day.

Thought that was weird, but I forgot about this post.

(I always keep my personal equipment with me all day on every excursion I take.)

So I can verify that he has listened to the previous poster.

Bill

I have a 16 yo and a 4 yo do you think this excursion is too long for a 4 yo?? He loves to ride in boats but do you get much beach time or is it mostly snorkeling...I love snorkeling but not sure how long my lil guy will last in a boat :) thanks !

Do not think this excursion is for a 4 year old.

Do not think this excursion is for a 4 year old.

I will second that assesment.

It was ALOT of boat time for me....

You stop at a beachside cafe for lunch for maybe an hour. (maybe slightly less)

Also a quick stop at a resort area with really shallow water, to stretch the legs a get out for maybe 15-20 minutes.

Everything else is time on the boat or snorkeling.

Bill

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We booked with Captain Bob for our honeymoon in October 2013 and had Great time. Captain Bob had to go out of town that weekend, so Captain Tyrel stepped in and took very good care of us. We had an amazing day of snorkeling and seeing all the best beaches in St. Martin, and the lunch was fantastic too. Definitely the right excursion for us and we can't wait to go back.

• 6 months later...

We cruised the Explorer of the Seas in April 2014 and booked Capt. Bob for our St. Martin port excursion. Great day on the caribbean! The snorkeling, the beaches, the delicious lunch were amazing but the best part of the day was the incredible sunset. Perfect ending to a fun day! Thanks Cap't Bob and Brett!

• 1 year later...

Experienced one of Capt. Bob's speed boat trips in January of 2016. Had a blast! Both Captains on the boat (one in training) were sweet, professional and a joy to spend time with on the trip. Sight seeing, snorkeling, and lunch all included for 6 hours! Would do again in a NY minute! Highly recommend! :):)