"Braving", "Pathetic", "Lonely" solo trips

travelgip

....I've loved reading the posts on this thread and I'm so liking everyone who responded.

Wish we all could charter a ship and go to the Maldives or something, before they sink into the Indian Ocean. Or the Seychelles. Or both, like, for a month.

(all in our own little separate solo cabins of course) :D

Jane

Count me IN! Dying to snorkel Maldives and Seychelles. I have a bunch of wood if we want to try building a raft (lol). We should start a little cruise line for solos and call it something catchy like My Turn Cruisin'!:p:p

The difference between single and solo is this. "Single" has romantic connotations; it means you're open to a romantic encounter with someone you meet on the ship. You may or may not have come with a friend. "Solo" simply means it's just you traveling. You may have a spouse or a serious boyfriend/girlfriend at home, but you came to that ship by youself. Oftentimes, they're used interchangeably, but this is the distinction Cruise Critic seems to make.

Cool Man.

Thanks for the explanation. I see now that I'm a single. Although I like the term solo cause it seems kinda rugged & edgy. :p

I think I signed up for assigned seating, where they force people to sit with you. (just kidding). It's hard for me to approach a table where people are already sitting. With thousands of people on board, I doubt I'll be able to find an empty table every single meal. I'll have to remember to bring my jacket or something to use your table hog method.

Archived