Lock Suitcases?

AuntieEm

Once off the plane, I zip tie my luggage with colored zip ties. I never put valuables in my checked luggage. I doubt that anyone would really want my clothes, although I do have a couple of pairs of neat Homer Simpson underware.... :D

John

I look for 'odd' color zip ties or use two in different colors on each bag. Makes it really obvious to me if the bag has been opened and a different zip tie substituted.

I do that more to get a sense if someone put something into the bag rather than took any clothes out. We put no valuables in our suitcases.

We put no valuables in our suitcases.

I think that's the key. Keep meds and all items of value with you. Most thieves aren't looking for clothing, so even if they open the luggage they will go on to another one pretty quickly.

If yours is locked and the next bag isn't, they may go on to it immediately.

On the other hand, why lock the bag if there's nothing of value inside? If I were a thief, I'd only steal from locked bags, figuring that the unlocked ones have nothing inside worth my time and energy.

On the other hand, why lock the bag if there's nothing of value inside? If I were a thief, I'd only steal from locked bags, figuring that the unlocked ones have nothing inside worth my time and energy.

That is my thinking as well.

Archived