LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Ok, do we really need name tags after a year of sharing of our most intimate secrets? ;). Who needs pink boas either?;). Just in case there is any doubt, I ordered these: http://www.windycitynovelties.com/7583p/6-foot-long-led-blinking-rainbow-boas-batteries-included.html :D.
LOL, I've sent you a reply on FB regarding this!:D

Ok, do we really need name tags after a year of sharing of our most intimate secrets? ;). Who needs pink boas either?;). Just in case there is any doubt, I ordered these: http://www.windycitynovelties.com/7583p/6-foot-long-led-blinking-rainbow-boas-batteries-included.html :D.

Paul: You will be welcomed with open arms no matter what color the boa is :p

Happy Hump Day !

Only 5 more humps before we board!

You are too funny!!!

Paul that is wild, can't wait to see you in your flashing attire.:)

Speaking of the name tags, I posted on the RC that since the name tags are the peel on, and if you would like a badge holder for transferring your name tag to differant shirts, please bring one.

WTG for all who received their Luggage tags, very soon the party will begin, looking forward to finally meting everyone after all these months. :). It has been my pleasure handling the Roll Call for you.

Gay

OK, so here I am again with feedback from Royal Caribbean.

Background

We were able to make reservations online in advance via the Entertainment section of the Pre-Cruise Planner for our sailing on Liberty in May and could book Saturday Night Fever, "In the Air", and "Encore! - An Ice Spectacular".

I know a lot of you have been waiting to reserve seating for the shows and there is a "Showtime" document available for download for Liberty's Mediterranean 2010 sailings up to and including the sailing prior to this TA which departs on Oct 22nd.

So I mailed Royal Caribbean to ask them when reservations would be open for this sailing.

My Email

When we sailed on Liberty in May 2011 we were able to make entertainment reservations online in advance of sailing for Saturday Night Fever, In the Air and Encore, the Ice Spectacular.

We cannot make entertainment reservations online for this transatlantic sailing as they are still not available and we sail in 39 days.

When will entertainment reservations be available online before we sail in the pre-cruise planner?

RCI Reply (very prompt to be honest)

Many thanks for your email dated the 20th September.

Please see below from our website regarding entertainment reservations.

We do apologise this will not be available for your cruise.

The reason for this is the shows will not as busy as they would be for US sailing's so seating will be a first come first serve basis.

Please Note: Pre-reservations for our theatres and shows are only available for Oasis and Allure of the Seas. Seating for

entertainment is on a first-come, first-served basis. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times.

RCI do not seem to appreciate that reservations for Liberty shows have been available all summer long in the Mediterranean so this disproves the fact that shows are just busy for US sailings.

My reply (so let's see)

Many thanks for your prompt reply and I can perhaps understand the reasoning behind the decision not to allow reservations on a transatlantic sailing (although for 7 days there will be nowhere for passengers to go and so they may wish to see every performance), but could you explain why reservations have been available for all Liberty's Mediterranean sailings in 2010 including the one we took in May 2010?

I appreciate the message on the website about Oasis and Allure sailings, but that is out of date as reservations are not only available for these 2 ships, but have been available for Liberty sailings in Europe during the summer of 2010.

I have attached the document that is available as a download from the Royal Caribbean website from the entertainment pre-cruise planner section detailing the show schedules for the Liberty Mediterranean sailings in 2010 and as you can see it urges passengers to reserve online so that they 'Don't miss the show'.

I would welcome your feedback as there are just under 500 members of a Cruise Critic roll call for this transatlantic sailing that are keen to make reservations for the shows on Liberty.

So I await their reply, but I am guessing that we won't be able to reserve in advance.

If not, as I mentioned on the other thread, I did not ask when the schedule will be published and if they are doing it on a first come, first served basis then it will be up to using the Cruise Compass for the show times.

However, hopefully they will provide "The Planner" which they did with the Compass for Day 1 in May which provides a daily list of the major events including showtimes for the duration of the cruise.

Just realised it also listed things like the daily dances including the White Night Pool Party, each drink of the day and the live music being provided.

Paul - opened the link, not too sure what to expect - great boas!!!

Our E-docs are still not ready and can't order our luggage tags - I feel as tho everyone else is going on holiday and I'm not:confused:.

Not had a very good week so far and feel I need a holiday - trying to organise a surprise cruise for Tam to Alaska and after getting 3/4 quotes I discovered that if I was able to book it thro a US agent I could get it for $1800pp but Princess won't allow this. I have to book in the UK and this would cost £1800pp - totally gutted.

I'm getting treated this weekend to a trip away - don't know where yet.

Peter - you've been very busy as usual - do you ever put your feet up and relax?? Everyone should have a Peter on their cruise.

Mhairi

Edited by kitten2729

Our E-docs are still not ready and can't order our luggage tags - I feel as tho everyone else is going on holiday and I'm not:confused:.

Not had a very good week so far and feel I need a holiday - trying to organise a surprise cruise for Tam to Alaska and after getting 3/4 quotes I discovered that if I was able to book it thro a US agent I could get it for $1800pp but Princess won't allow this. I have to book in the UK and this would cost £1800pp - totally gutted.

Peter - you've been very busy as usual - do you ever put your feet up and relax?? Everyone should have a Peter on their cruise.

Mhairi

LOL, not at the moment, (put my feet up that is) although got an interview for a job on Fri! Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated, but once it's all sorted I'll relax on this cruise!

Sorry to hear you can't get a deal on your Princess cruise, but enjoy your weekend treat, intriguing where you're going.

I second that about needing a Peter on every cruise. Too bad you can't make a living doing this:D

Joyce

Joyce, I wish I could too!

Mhairi yours will come but it is nice once the luggage tags are ordered and really exciting when they arrive

PETE you are a wealth of information we love it, thanks.

I am in NERVOUS mode right now... I start panicking that I will forget something... the list posted on the other RC helps plus I have added things ...we are going to be gone almost 4 weeks so a lot of planning and scheduling..

The excitement is certainly building...

Paul - opened the link, not too sure what to expect - great boas!!!

Mhairi

I haven't gotten mine EITHER.............guess we just have to be patient! I do not do that well...........LOL

Mhairi and Sandy, you are not alone, our e docs and luggage tag orderer are still not available either. Ive been told it has to do with Choice Air by our TA. Been told that Friday will be The Day. We will see.

Did get our Euro to start the trip. One step closer. We also tend to take the entire medicine cabinet with us so sorted through that and replenished.

Spent the day watching my grandson, which is always fun but I should have stopped for take out someplace on the way home. A 15 month old can wear you out!!!

The one thing I havent seen mentioned anywhere to be on 'the list' is getting a seasonal flu shot. They seem to be readily available this year which is good. I have it on our list for the first week of October.

Donna

Edited by kylea_s

No Edocs or luggage tags here either yet. :(

Have been on a train trip today from Lymington to Cardiff and back. The scenery was beautiful in places, especially between Salisbury and Bath.

Peter, good to hear you have an interview on Friday. Here's hoping it all goes well.

Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight by 35 minute ferry ride tomorrow. Should be able to have a good fresh fish lunch. I have my eye on a restaurant called the Blue Crab, so I hope it looks as good in reality as the internet reviews make out.

Corinne

]I second that about needing a Peter on every cruise. Too bad you can't make a living doing this:D[/b]

Joyce

I "third" that comment!! Peter has been a phenomenal help to all of us!!

Mhairi and Sandy' date=' you are not alone, our e docs and luggage tag orderer are still not available either. Ive been told it has to do with Choice Air by our TA. Been told that Friday will be The Day. We will see.

Did get our Euro to start the trip. One step closer. We also tend to take the entire medicine cabinet with us so sorted through that and replenished.

Spent the day watching my grandson, which is always fun but I should have stopped for take out someplace on the way home. A 15 month old can wear you out!!!

[b']The one thing I havent seen mentioned anywhere to be on 'the list' is getting a seasonal flu shot. They seem to be readily available this year which is good. I have it on our list for the first week of October.[/b]

Donna

I got mine two weeks ago. Never had one so early in the season before, but the timing was good. David will get his at work the first week of Oct., right before we fly out.

I started to seriously organize everything in our guest room today, which now looks like "vacation central."

501!!!

No wonder I love this board, it is so much easier to get to 'know' the smaller number on here. I agree that Peter's knowledge is great and especially since he became a man of leisure with ample free time to surf the net. ;)

Still looking for an inexpensive pink boa but I am not sure whether it is really 'Me'. I am not a naturally Pink person at all. Here these items are synonymous with drunken Hen Nights, so shops charge quite a lot, because people will pay it.

Corinne

501!!!

No wonder I love this board, it is so much easier to get to 'know' the smaller number on here. I agree that Peter's knowledge is great and especially since he became a man of leisure with ample free time to surf the net. ;)

Still looking for an inexpensive pink boa but I am not sure whether it is really 'Me'. I am not a naturally Pink person at all. Here these items are synonymous with drunken Hen Nights, so shops charge quite a lot, because people will pay it.

Corinne

Hi Corinne, thanks for the compliments, but hopefully I'll not be at leisure for too much longer (hopefully after this sailing!).

I have seen inexpensive pink boas at shops like 'Poundland' but they may look a little sparse on the feathers!

Good luck on Friday Peter, I really hope it goes well for you.

Corinne - any british folk on this cruise will surely freak when they see all the feather boas - they'll be thinking they're sailing with the biggest hen party ever:)

Will need to pop into Poundland and see what they're like. Best get back to work now;)

Mhairi

Paul, loved the boa! I guess you are going to be our flasher on the cruise. OK, off to the NC for me...

Just updated the spreadsheet and we have 501 folks between the two boards!

That has GOT to be a record for CC.

501!!!

Corinne

I couldn't agree more....;):)

Edited by KeywestK

Hi All................

WOW over 500..............I"m with most of you..............too big LOVE our little thread........

OH yes the ship will be full of feathers flying around.........they totally shed.

Peter................good LUCK Friday.