Steak House Free Bottle of Wine ??

spideyfam

Ahhhh, but what if it's a party of one, dining solo??

Any guesses on how that was handled??

I was solo on the Magic and did this. I got a free bottle of white wine and at the end of dinner got to take it back to my cabin, as they recorked it and gave it to me.:D I ha a glass of wine every night before dinner:D

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have an update for 2013 regarding this question? Free wine on Embarkation Night at Steakhouse- How many bottles? One per table or one per cabin (two adults)?

Multiple cabins, sitting together at one table. Ex: party of six on embarkation night. 3 cabins of adults. How many bottles of wine were offered?

I know it is a cheap bottle; Thinking BIGFOOT Red, white, Moscato, etc ($6) but the question was asked on our blog and I wanted to get experienced cruisers on Carnival Magic please. What did the waitstaff or manager offer?

Thanks in advance!

-Boomer

Does anyone have an update for 2013 regarding this question? Free wine on Embarkation Night at Steakhouse- How many bottles? One per table or one per cabin (two adults)?

Multiple cabins, sitting together at one table. Ex: party of six on embarkation night. 3 cabins of adults. How many bottles of wine were offered?

I know it is a cheap bottle; Thinking BIGFOOT Red, white, Moscato, etc ($6) but the question was asked on our blog and I wanted to get experienced cruisers on Carnival Magic please. What did the waitstaff or manager offer?

Thanks in advance!

-Boomer

We were on the Liberty two weeks ago and for the first night went with two other couples.

We made three separate reservations and when we went in asked for one table and they gave us three bottles.

the other two couples enjoyed the red and we ordered the white which was a chardonnay.

DW thought it was barely drinkable and I thought it was awful. Most of the bottle was left to be tossed out.

Dinner was excellent though.

We were on the Liberty two weeks ago and for the first night went with two other couples.

We made three separate reservations and when we went in asked for one table and they gave us three bottles.

the other two couples enjoyed the red and we ordered the white which was a chardonnay.

DW thought it was barely drinkable and I thought it was awful. Most of the bottle was left to be tossed out.

Thanks Golfadj! I always appreciate your responses! Looks like the key is in the reservation! We went in the past and but booked large table and were only offered one bottle. I am with you- the bottle was simply an appeasement for first night (blah). We ordered a nice Merlot appropriate for the dinner. We can't wait as we are traveling on the Magic again for Thanksgiving week!

Thanks again!

-Boomer

What did you think they do with the confiscated wine found in checked luggage!?!?:eek::D

The steakhouse is delicious, definitely worth the $35pp fee. I went on the first night and got a free bottle of red wine. The wine was barely drinkable. Definitely the cheapest wine I have ever drank. Don't worry about the free bottle of crappy wine and just enjoy the steakhouse.

Everyone make separate reservations.....

When you get to the steakhouse......whoever is first gets their table.....the next couple that comes in goes to their table and then after being seated, they "suddenly" recognize the first couple as someone they know but haven't seen in a long time, yadda yadda - and ask the Mgr if you can move....(or wait until they bring your wine and then suddenly notice the other couple)....

Where there's a will....there's a way....

We just returned from the Carnival Freedom. We had a reservation on the first night of our cruise with another couple in the steakhouse. We merged our dinner reservations so that we could sit together. We thought that we would be getting 1 free bottle of wine per couple, but they said it was per table. This wasn't explained or written anywhere that I could find ahead of time. The wine is 'Santa Carolina' brand, and they only offer a chardonnay and a red, and let you choose between the two. It's not wonderful wine anyway, but it's still the point. You're paying $70 per couple to eat in a specialty restaurant that offers a free bottle of wine to go there the first night of the cruise. Obviously it should be per couple, not per table. Frankly, if we had it to do over again, we would have just had dinner in the main dining room...it would have been just as good, if not better than the Sun King Steakhouse. The steak house also limits you on what you can order. We were told that we could get one appetizer, one salad, one entrée, and one dessert. You can get 2 appetizers if you don't get a salad. However, as we all know... you can get as much as you want of anything in the main dining room. So, really... you're paying $35 per person to eat in the steak house to eat less than what's already included in your cruise fare. I also didn't see anything at all ahead of time about those limits. (Not that we wanted to eat everything on the menu, by far... but would like the option to try an extra starter if we desired.) We didn't feel that the food was anything spectacular at all either, and the waitresses also were not the most friendly. We had anytime dining, and found all of the waiters and waitresses in there to be fantastic from our dinner experience. We'd read good things about the Sun King, and so we decided to give it a shot. Glad we did... or we wouldn't know. Would not return there again though.

We just returned from the Carnival Freedom. We had a reservation on the first night of our cruise with another couple in the steakhouse. We merged our dinner reservations so that we could sit together. We thought that we would be getting 1 free bottle of wine per couple, but they said it was per table. This wasn't explained or written anywhere that I could find ahead of time. The wine is 'Santa Carolina' brand, and they only offer a chardonnay and a red, and let you choose between the two. It's not wonderful wine anyway, but it's still the point. You're paying $70 per couple to eat in a specialty restaurant that offers a free bottle of wine to go there the first night of the cruise. Obviously it should be per couple, not per table. Frankly, if we had it to do over again, we would have just had dinner in the main dining room...it would have been just as good, if not better than the Sun King Steakhouse. The steak house also limits you on what you can order. We were told that we could get one appetizer, one salad, one entrée, and one dessert. You can get 2 appetizers if you don't get a salad. However, as we all know... you can get as much as you want of anything in the main dining room. So, really... you're paying $35 per person to eat in the steak house to eat less than what's already included in your cruise fare. I also didn't see anything at all ahead of time about those limits. (Not that we wanted to eat everything on the menu, by far... but would like the option to try an extra starter if we desired.) We didn't feel that the food was anything spectacular at all either, and the waitresses also were not the most friendly. We had anytime dining, and found all of the waiters and waitresses in there to be fantastic from our dinner experience. We'd read good things about the Sun King, and so we decided to give it a shot. Glad we did... or we wouldn't know. Would not return there again though.

In my experience you get more than enough food in the steak house. Some people have said they were able to get more than one appetizer. Honestly I was overly full as it was just eating of each course, and I thought the food was excellent each time I've been to the steak house (3 times now on three different ships). I'd say it's far better than the main dining room, and for most people I don't think portion size will be an issue.

To get back on the main topic, the wine isn't anything to get excited about. But it's free so we don't complain, and we are booked for the first night on our next cruise already.

Archived