"Dirty" Laundry ?

Princesss

[quote name='scperk']I am sailing on my 22nd cruise on Sept. 5th and have never had any clothes come back shrunk or faded...I love packing lighter with all the airlines charging extra for bags...We are doing a 12 day and I would hate to pack 12/14 underware, 12 pair socks and all the clothes for that many days.....Dennis[/QUOTE]

This is good to know. I would hate for my clothes to come back too small, haha. We will be using it for the first time this cruise. Mom is finally platinum, I'm still working on mine, but I'm getting there slowly.

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']I always get it back same day. It's great not to have to do laundry when I get home!

My dad owns laundry/dry cleaners. Everone's clothes go into numbered bags. If one family has 5 bags they get the same 5 numbers. Clothes washed together in HOT water.

If you go to a coin laundry, those are not cleaned with bleach between users.

Carnival did a nice job on my laundry.

That was the worst job I ever had, starting at age 10. But I was able to pay for my first cruise at age 13.[/quote]

Interesting info thanks!:) Though, I can't imagine handling some stranger's dirty clothes.:eek: I know, I know, germs are everywhere (even on cruise ships, can you imagine), but some things in particular just skeeve me.

[quote name='NCTribeFan']I'm Platinum but have no intention of having my laundry done on the ship. I've also done the Behind the Fun tour and there's no way I'd have my clothes washed and dried in those industrial machines.

Now, if I were a guy and wore white t-shirts and cargo shorts 24/7, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

[B][COLOR=red]But I don't even use the dryer at home except for sheets and towels. Everything else is air dried![/COLOR][/B]

I couldn't care less about having my things washed with someone else's because, yes, they are being washed, after all! But I don't want my clothing shrunk or faded, thanks very much.

Ships do have self-service laundry rooms. I imagine those machines have settings other than HOT, HOTTER and HOTTEST. But I did a 2-week cruise in November, with 1 suitcase and a small carryon, and still came home with unworn clothing. I can't imagine not being able to pack enough clothes that I would need to do laundry.

To be safe, though, I do pack a little travel bottle of liquid detergent.[/quote]

Me too! The dryer beats up and wears out your clothes, so I air-dry my garments on a clothes dryer rack and they look good as new much, much longer.

[quote name='Twibbs']They don't always offer the $15/bag laundry. It depends on how much they're having to do for the Platinum guests.

Here's the price list from Carnival's FAQs:

Are there Laundry Services available on board?Laundry Services In addition to self-service launderettes on each ship, there is a valet laundry service on board; dry cleaning is not available. Following is the price list; this service is handled through the room Steward:

Mens
Item Wash Press Press Only
Under Shorts: $2.00 $1.50

Ladies

Panties/Bra/Slip: $2.00 n/a
[/quote]

[COLOR=Blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS](Tongue firmly inserted in cheek) Am I the only one who noticed that men have the option of having their undershorts pressed but ladies do not? I'm crying sexism! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Beffy1167'][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS](Tongue firmly inserted in cheek) Am I the only one who noticed that men have the option of having their undershorts pressed but ladies do not? I'm crying sexism! [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

Mens undershorts need to be pressed in the fly area because if they are not then the fly will be open and if that happens one of the boys might want to get some air and that can lead to catastrophic results.:rolleyes:

[quote name='Stargateman']We are 3 platinum in one cabin...can we send 3 bags???:rolleyes: If that is the case we are only going to pack half the stuff we wanted to take.[/quote]
Yes, each platinum cruiser is entitled to 1 bag per day. You will have to request additional bags from your cabin steward. How long it takes for laundry to come back really depends upon how many platinum cruisers are utilizing the service on any given day. The majority of the time, it has come back the following evening. Twice I believe it came back the same day.

Archived