Balconies on the Sun Princess

Ghost

No – all balconies on Sun Princess are cut from the hull and are about the same measurement – on the standard cabins at least. There is a difference on Caribe deck in that the “cut” is a bit smaller than on Baja and Aloha.

Cut from the hull means the balconies are enclosed in the hull. If you go out to the Princess website and look at a picture of Sun, Dawn or Sea Princess, you’ll see the difference between these balconies and those on the Grand Class ships. They are fully covered and actually more secluded than the balconies on the Grand Class.

Cut from the hull means the balconies are enclosed in the hull. If you go out to the Princess website and look at a picture of Sun, Dawn or Sea Princess, you’ll see the difference between these balconies and those on the Grand Class ships. They are fully covered and actually more secluded than the balconies on the Grand Class.
They are also WAY more private. My wife and I love these balconies because we have breakfast delivered daily, and can eat outside wearing whatever without worrying about other eyes or being presentable. They also typically offer both sun and shade, even when the side of the ship faces the sun.

The AC balconies on the Sun Princess are very narrow. However, they extend across the entire two rooms of the mini-suite.

We have traveled many times in the AC suites and have loved them.

For our next Princess cruise we are going to try out an AA suite in the aft of the ship. I hope we like it as well as the AC mini-suites.

Roberta

The Sun Class balconies were a design afterthought and had to be retrofitted into an oceanview design by cutting a hole in the side through the picture window and creating a balcony out of a standard ocean view cabin. That's why the Sun, Dawn, Sea and "Ocean" have the smallest balconies in the fleet - along with the regal.

The Grand and Coral class were specifically designed with balconies in mind. Those balconies have a variety of shade and privacy since they jut out from the hull.

While they are small, they are much more private. Balcony cabins have enough room for a resin table and two resin chairs. Never seen a mini-suite balcony, but it is wider.

Here is a pic of a Dawn balcony (similar to Sun) on Caribe:

Image-BF1F2D82C88511D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

Here are some pics of aft minisuites and suites on the Dawn here but for some reason - Princess swapped the locations of the aft suites and minisuites so if you are looking at booking the Sun - don't pat attention to the room numbers on this site:

sun class cabins

The standard balcony cabins are approx. 179 sq. ft. including balcony. The balcony itself is about 30-35 sq feet, maybe 3 1/2 by 10. In other words, the balcony itself is the width of the cabin and is about 3 1/2 feet deep. As Coral's picture shows, just enough room for a small table and two regular small chairs.

Trying to remember.......................as I often times get my ships mixed up unfortunately. We had a mini suite, but if memory serves me correctly, all of the balconies had steel railings that didn't obstuct the view that much. But they weren't the plexiglass type.

Now off I go, time to get to the airport, I have a cruise to catch this week end. :D

Archived