Cozumel Cooking excursion. Is it worth it?

Hi All,

I am heading out soon and am considering the cooking class excursion that Carnival offers in Cozumel. I love to cook but find the heat can get to me sometimes. Has anyone taken this excursion? If so is the kitchen adequate size to accommodate a bunch of cooks in the kitchen? I know the old saying is if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen but....

Thank you.

Hi All,

I am heading out soon and am considering the cooking class excursion that Carnival offers in Cozumel. I love to cook but find the heat can get to me sometimes. Has anyone taken this excursion? If so is the kitchen adequate size to accommodate a bunch of cooks in the kitchen? I know the old saying is if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen but....

Thank you.

Love it, love it, love it - my favorite excursion of all time! I"ve done it 3 times!

The cooking is in an air-conditioned building just off the beach at Playa Mia - the chef and his assistants are hilarious! I'm having to hold myself back from sharing some of their lines here.

You cook a specific menu they have set out - but you go through all the prep steps together. Learning to decorate the plates was a fun part too -

And of course all the alcohol included!

They limit the number of people so no worries about too many cooks in the kitchen - 4 people around each cook station, plenty of room there.

I can't remember if there are 5 cook stations?

Lots of pics in my album here -

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1241951490272.37222.1273874535&l=702176d338&type=1

Kim, thank you for your response. I was a little nervous about no air conditioning. I am such a wimp anymore...air conditioned workplace, air conditioned car, etc. Your pictures look lovely and I am now more excited than ever to sail. Thank you again.

Have to agree with everyone else. This is on the list of our 2-3 most favorite excursions. The cooking area is spacious, well laid out, air conditioned, and modern. The drinks flow very freely. Luis and his assistants are fun and informative. You get to assemble a complete meal. They complete it and at the end you get to sit down and enjoy it in a dining room above the kitchen area. They also give you recipe cards for everything that you make. And of course you have the opportunity to buy the standard photograph at the end. Actually it's not standard because it comes in a fun frame that make a great momento. Do it..... you won't regret it.

Add me to the list of people who loved this excursion. I did it while sailing on Royal Caribbean, but the group was half Carnival cruisers as well. Take a look at the link in my signature for review and pictures!

Archived