Pearl harbour excursion before cruise

driverandrews

My mother and I did the POA cruise 2 years ago and the day of embarcation we did Pearl Harbor. We booked it through NCL and I believe it left the hotel at 7 am and we were back by 11 if not earlier. So worth the time. The actual time over the monument is short so dont be suprised, its just the way the Park Service works it.

Are you arriving in Honolulu a day or so before the cruise? If so, it seems like there are lots of options. If you are arriving the day of your cruise you may need to reserve a company to pick you up at the airport, take you to PH, and then to the cruise ship. If this is the case, the nice thing about a limo/cab company is that you can put your luggage in their trunk and not think about it until you board. Cherie

Anthing is "possible" depends on time and money:D

I just did this tour, but just as a random drive in event. The tour is free and run by the US Park. At least for most of the people there you get there and get handed a card for a 30' slot of time. Depending on crowds and time of day it can run you 30' to a couple hour wait. At the place they have an open display and a theater with some history of the war and attack. They offer seperate for $ tours of a submarine, the battleship Mo, and an air musuem for those that are interested and/or need to kill time.

There isn't much to the tour, you wait, go into the theater, see a brief historical movie about the sad momement than board a boat to a the memorial. You thank take the next boat back.

Best case I think about an hour there plus travel time there and back, worst case well depends on the crowds and what card you get.

Good luck.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but has anyone took this tour through a tour company before boarding the ship..if it is at all possible ? we will be sailing on POA next year.

Archived