Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

Yes it is amazing H. I'm at the point now where other food doesnt bother me. I just don't want to ruin my ketosis state and have to start over and wait another 5-6 days for ketosis (fat burning mode) to kick in again. Those first 5 days weren't easy.....think I'll stick with my TSFL coach. Sounds like the centers charge a lot of money.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Jeez...raise the flag. down 2.5 more finally this morning... (16 pounds) total in 2.5 weeks!! I'm going to have a Banana/Chocolate shake to celebrate LOL!!

Cheers all you LOSERS.....

H

So happy for you Hap!!! I figured it would come off....it had to. That chocolate/banana shake sounds good!! Never thought about mixing up the two.....

Thanks... yeah....

I've been mixing a lot of stuff lately..... mixed strawberry and mango together.. not bad, but was expecting it to be better than it was. Mixing that damn oatmeal I've still got with ANY flavor shake just to get rid of it. Oh, and the killer one is the chocolate with the peanut butter soft serve... can you say Reeses' Peanut Butter Cup? Also mixed together a cream of chicken Mary Beth sent me along with a Chicken and Wild Rice and split those two up. Soak ALL this stuff beforehand. That one turned out pretty good, too, especially if you add chopped celery and some Sriracha sauce to it.

H

For the shakes, dump in both envelopes into your tall blender cup... then since I do ALL my shakes "iced frozen" style, I add 1.5 cups of water... shake the hell out of it to get all the powder wet and dissolved.... then put that in the fridge. I usually make (soak) ALL my meals the night before so in the morning or whenever you're ready for HALF the blender cup (ONE meal), take another of the tall identical blender cups (mine came with FOUR tall ones; the cheapy Hamilton Beach at Walmart) and pour off half of the blender cup containing both meals and even them out. Put the remainder back in the fridge for your next shake meal and then add about a half-inch of CRUSHED ice to the blender cup you're about to blend... throw in a splash of water and cover and shake it and then blend it. Voila.

The soup, I just dumped the two soup packets in a large bowl, added 2 cups of water and soaked those overnight. Then ladled out half into another bowl and prepared one of them and put it in my Thermos and went to work.

H

Well I got my little blender yesterday....very disappointed. Won't even crush crushed ice.:( wAs so disappointed! Haven't even tried the side serve yet. No point in sending it back. What blender do you guys recommend....or should o just do with the one Medifast recommends? The one just sits there and spin around!!

I got the cheapy GE $15 model at Walmart. It came with a small blender cup and FOUR tall ones..... so far so good... it's jammed a couple times, but for the most part, it's worth the $15. If I spent 40 on it, I'd be pissed.

H

I didn't buy a blender. I instead bought an ice crusher. I use my little shaker cup for my shakes, but I use the ice chopper first. I bought this: http://www.amazon.com/Deni-6100-Automatic-70-Watt-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000I6NOAY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343402786&sr=8-1&keywords=deni+ice+crusher

I lost 2 pounds this morning - yesterday I had been down 2.5, but I have to go by Friday's weight for my "official" tally. Little bummed, but I did ramp up exercise - went to the gym every day since last Thursday (except yesterday) and then back this morning. So I guess that's to be expected. I was hoping for 3 pounds truthfully. But I'll take it! Am hoping to be down 7 pounds by vacation which is 8/18. Fingers crossed!

That's good youngestof!! I'm sure you'll be down the 7 lbs by the time your vacation comes. Thanks for the link. That's a nice ice crusher. I always just shake up my shake in the blender bottle and sit it I'm the fridge and let it chill. Never tries it with ice.

everyone have a good weekend?

I received my PB2 - it's delicious. I used 1 TBSP on the brownie and counted it as a condiment. I'm using 1 tbsp in the PB soft serve this afternoon :)

Won't be able to hit the gym at all this week - doctor's and friend visit so I am anxious to see if that has any effect on my loss this week. It was definitely less last week and I exercised every day.

Have a great week!

Yep.. new plateau but at a slightly lower level.... can't bring myself to only weigh once a week.... placed my order for my 2nd box of food.... added on the chili and sloppy joe.... hopefully those are decent.... lightened up on some shakes as I mix a lot of the soft serves with some of those flavors and make two meals out of them...added the S'More crunch bars....

H

Couple of favorite Lean and Greens:

Since my wife is "mimicking" the MF plan as best she can while I'm on it, I make L+Gs for TWO every night.

Two cans of Costco canned chicken (drained) and mix in some celery bits and mix it up with some FF Ranch dressing and cider vinegar... have that over a bed of lettuce with a couple of dill pickle chips on top: "Protein" Chicken Salad "sandwiches." You can eat one whole can of the chicken as when it's drained it's about 5-6 ounces. YUMMO...

Also got some ground chicken (about a pound and a half) and cut up two large zucchinis length wise... scoop out the centers and chop up what you scooped out and mix it in with the chicken, add some garlic powder and onion powder, a bit of salt and some pepper. Mix up that chicken mixture and put that mixture into the scooped out halves which you've placed in a baking dish. Pour some low-carb spaghetti sauce (or even canned chunks of tomato you've blended) mixed with herbs over those stuffed zucchini halves. LIGHTLY dust the top with some grated cheese. Bake it at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is firmly cooked. Makes TWO meals for two people (just eat one of the halves each night; you'll have four). Could even add a SMALL salad to this with some FF dressing. Another YUMMO!!!!

H

Edited by hapster222

The food does get kind of boring.......it did for me over the weekend. I did manage to try the sift serve. I have a pulverizing stick and that did it. Blended it nice and smooth. And it did taste like soft serve ice cream. My weight loss has slowed down a bit. But I guess that is to be expected. Scale is stuck @ 205. maybe I need to up the exercise a bit....

Ok.. another fine and easy L+G tonight. This is for TWO people....

Take a whole cauliflower and steam the bejesus out of it so it's REALLY soft. Then mash it up with a potato masher (or a food processor, I guess, if you have one; we don't). Sprinkle a dash of olive oil over it, some onion powder and garlic powder, and mix in a little low-fat cheese (yes, it's OP). Then we took a chicken breast each and I grilled those outside with some lemon pepper. Chopped up the chicken into cubes and served the chicken cubes next to the "Fauxtatoes" in a bowl and enjoyed it on the patio deck.

YUMMO!!!!

Trying to give you guys some more ideas to counteract the "boring" food during the day LOL.

Cheers... H

Edited by hapster222

Now that really sounds good! Make you think you're having chicken and mashed potatoes. Have the recipe for the Cauliflower Bake too. Going to grocery store tomorrow to purchase cauliflower....

Thanks H! :) Going to make it tonight. Was going to use low carb mozerella but it had more carbs than the regular. So I got regular. Saving it for tomorrow since I already had my L&G for today.

Continuiing with that fabulous mashed cauliflower theme, I'm going to make MF Shepherd's Pie tonight. This will make TWO meals for TWO people so tomorrow night's dinner will be DONE, too!!

Take two small or one large cauliflower and steam thoroughly (till a knife goes into it like warm butter; sorry for the analogy lol). Mash up the cauliflower mixing into it some garlic powder and onion powder till you have your "fauxtatoes." Set aside. Take one pound of lean ground beef and mix it with a handful of chopped bell pepper and ground pepper and a splash of tomato sauce. Mix well. Place the ground beef into a baking dish greased with Pam. Then layer on top of the ground beef the "fauxtatoes." Top with some low-fat Mozzarella and bake for probably 45 minutes at 350.

Could probably have a small salad with low/nonfat dressing along with this.

Looking forward to this one!!!

Thoughts? I just brainstormed this one and I think everything's OP.