Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

I can trade you (7) French Vanillas and (3) Dutch Chocolates.....what about the eggs? I haven't even delved into those yet and really am not interested. If you like them, they're yours if ya got something to trade for 'em.

How about you email me back at hpaulhp at gmail dot com

H

I can trade you (7) French Vanillas and (3) Dutch Chocolates.....what about the eggs? I haven't even delved into those yet and really am not interested. If you like them, they're yours if ya got something to trade for 'em.

How about you email me back at hpaulhp at gmail dot com

H

sent ya an email.

That's great you all are able to trade meals. I customized my order and it was my first. My coach helped me with it. I knew that the actual food would fill me up better than the shakes. So I ordered less shakes. Didn't order any eggs because I'm not an egg person. 3 boxes of pancakes and one oatmeal. so far so good. I did manage to buy a few extra meals from Amazon and Ebay. A little cheaper then Medifast but not that much. Got a box of chicken and rice for 6.99 plus 3.00 shipping....not bad. I'm so tempted to weigh!!! May do so in the morning. When I weigh I always weigh as soon as I get out of bed. Use the bathroom first and hop on the scale. Making those brownie balls and mixing them with the soft serve sounds good. I'm waiting for my blender to come before I can make the softserve. I do have a full sized blender but since the serving is so small afraid I may lose some of it to the blender. Want all I can get!!!:)

I'd be happy to send you my spreadsheet if you want. It's very easy to use... all you need to do is make one entry every morning of your weight and then drag/copy the cell for the weight change down each day right next to the weight-entry cell. It charts in graphical form off to the side and even charts your BMI along with it. Tracking my Blood Pressure, too, which has dropped about 10 points along with the weight. REALLY happy about that... hoping to drop that minimal BP meds that I take.

H

Well I decided to weigh first thing this morning. Today is my 5th day and I'm down 6 lbs!!!:D Been sticking to the plan and drinking my water. Going to hang in there!!! Think I'll book my cruise for next May today!!!

Edited by nurseingu

WooHoo to BOTH of you !!! That's great!!!

I'm down 15 pounds as of this morning. Today starts my 2nd week officially with Medifast -- but I went low-cal/low-carb and "Lean and Green" for about 5 days the day after I placed my order and was waiting for the box. So that's about a pound a day. I have my annual physical coming up a month from today. It's the first time I can ever remember LOOKING FORWARD to visiting my doctor LOL....

Hap

WooHoo to BOTH of you !!! That's great!!!

I'm down 15 pounds as of this morning. Today starts my 2nd week officially with Medifast -- but I went low-cal/low-carb and "Lean and Green" for about 5 days the day after I placed my order and was waiting for the box. So that's about a pound a day. I have my annual physical coming up a month from today. It's the first time I can ever remember LOOKING FORWARD to visiting my doctor LOL....

Hap

Good for you Hap!!! Have a beach trip planned for the end of the summer. If I stick to this I will reach my short term goal by then.

Hap - I'm the same way. I'm a diabetic (type 1 - unfortunately never ever going away) so I see my endo every 3 months. I saw her only a few weeks after starting MF so I go again in September and I can't wait to see my bloodwork and to see her face! She's such a great doctor and even at my highest weight was still not preachy. So I know she'll be proud of me.

15 pounds is phenomenal!

Good for you Hap!!! Have a beach trip planned for the end of the summer. If I stick to this I will reach my short term goal by then.

We do too - going to Maryland in August so I hope to be down 9 more pounds by then. I'm a little worried about vacation but it's not about food - it's about laying on the beach!!

I never contacted my doctor before starting this -- I'm in pretty good health other than the extra 50 pounds I want to shed. Funny thing about my internist is that he's anti-banana. Says it's the worst fruit to eat because of all the sugar, and they really put the pounds on. Well, I can't wait to walk in there having dropped around 30 pounds from the last physical and telling him with a straight face I've been eating nothing but bananas to lose the weight LOL...

H

sure send em over! You have my email

Sure youngestof....would love them! Thank you so much.

Nurseingu99 at yahoo dot com.

Yes....laying on the beach relaxing is what counts! We're driving down to Myrte Beach in September...weekend after Labor day!

Karen

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Edited by nurseingu

This morning I went to the gym. Usually when I'm on the treadmill I can only jog for a minute and have to go back to walking....just alternate back and fourth for an hour. Today I actually jogged for 6 minutes straight and actually could have gone longer but it was time for bootcamp to start.....didn't want to miss that. Is this what they mean when you're in fat burning mode and have the extra energy. I hope so. I really like the feeling!!!

No problem, Ladies.... I'll send ya anything interesting I get... I've got a couple coaches I've emailed... once you lose a bunch of weight I guess it turns one into this "giving" info bank...LOL... it's amazing how helpful all these "losers" are hehe....

Speaking of the gym, I go to a structured exercise class at my gym (24 Hour Fitness) called Body Pump -- a weight-training class set to contemporary music -- different songs for each muscle group. I've been doing it a couple, three times a week for a couple years even before I started MF so it's not something I "just started up." It's pretty rigorous -- you burn about 500-600 calories in a one-hour class so imagine how difficult it was when stupid me decided to go to it last week on pretty much my first day of Medifast having only consumed about 7-800 calories that day up to that point. Jeesh... it was brutal. Anyhow, seems like I've gotten into a groove now, though, and last night's session wasn't so bad since I decided to throttle back on the weight.

Anyways, there's one section in that class where you do these "tricep dips." You sit sideways on the aerobics step bench and with your legs out, you scooch forward so your butt is hanging off the bench and the only thing supporting your body is your arms (triceps) and you do dips for the whole song. Well, this past week is the FIRST time EVER I was able to get through the whole set without stopping. That extra weight we all carry around is killer, and the less of it the better!!!!!

H

@ Hap...I tried body pump a little over a month ago. Did it for over 2 weeks. Didn't feel like a good workout to me. Only burned a little over $250 calories. Could it be that the weight was too light? The instructor told me to start off light. How did you start and how fast did you increase the weight?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Yeah, definitely start off light as you will FEEL it the next day. I like the class because it's an all-body workout. The music keeps you going and like most, if I don't have structure like this class offers, then I'm not going to do the reps and stick with it for as long as you have to keep up during the class.

Don't know your body structure and weight and all, but I use a 10-pound weight on either side of the bar for the warmup -- so 20 pounds total. Then the squat track (this should be your HEAVIEST weight for the whole class), which is the first main track, I bump it up to 40 pounds total (that was my mistake for the first class on Medifast; I'm now down to 25-30 for that track till I get back in the swing), and then for the tracks after the squats, I'm using simply 20-25 or 30 for the class duration. I'm going to gradually increase that weight again as I get into this groove. Another key to this class is to try and do it at least twice a week for the best benefit. I'm self-employed so I go when I can, but for the most part, I'm able to go every Friday evening and always early on Sunday morning.

Try to keep the weight high enough to where it's a real effort to maintain the exercise during the class. If the weight is too light, then you're just, well, going through the motions. It's gotta "hurt" a little LOL....I'm definitely noticing that the workout isn't as arduous as it used to be... don't know if that's psychological or if it's because I've got more energy and am lighter......

H

Edited by hapster222

Oh, and glad you like the recipes.... I just got that .DOC file myself and quickly perused it, but it looks like some pretty great recipes in there.... let us know if you try something in there that's a MUST HAVE..... I came across a recipe for a killer-looking Lean-and-Green "lasagna" recipe the other day -- I hope I bookmarked it -- but it's made with either ground turkey or beef and long zucchini slices as the "pasta" and it also has low-fat cheese.... anyone remember what the deal was with low-fat cheese? We can have that; right? Seems to me that that would be a no-no, but I thought I saw somewhere that it was a "condiment"... maybe I'm just dreaming LOL.

Anyhow, it made a nice lasagna pan's worth and was a few Lean and Green meals, especially if you have a partner dieting with you so as not to leave it in the fridge all week as you carve your way through it. My wife is also "eating right" with me -- she's mimicking as best she can the Medifast formula but with regular food, but we sit down for the Lean and Green together.

H

Not the one I was thinking about, but this looks pretty good:

1 lb extra lean ground beef or turkey, natural or organic preferably

1/2 cup green onion

1 clove garlic

6-8 zucchinis

1 cup fat free cottage cheese

2 tablespoons egg beaters or 2 egg whites

1 jar low calorie, low carb spaghetti sauce

1 cup low fat shredded Italian cheese blend (=< 3g fat/oz)

Brown the ground beef with the onion and the garlic, drain off fat. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer.

Mix cottage cheese with egg beaters or egg whites, set aside. Slice the zucchinis in thin slices lengthwise.

In a 13 x 9-inch pan, layer the zucchini, the cottage cheese mixture, and the meat sauce mixture. Sprinkle low fat shredded cheese on top.

Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes.

Makes about 6 servings.