Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

It really is amazing to get on the scale just about every morning and see progress. Now I know why all the info out there about sticking to the plan religiously!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

H

I'm having a rough scale week. I'm 100% OP and doing everything right and I'm only down .5. My weigh in day is Friday so I'm hoping for a big fat loss tonight and tomorrow night. LOL! I'm continuing to do the plan like I have - it will come off. I can't complain about 28.5 in 8 weeks!!!

28.5 lbs in 8 weeks is excellent. Today is my 3rd day and I really hope the hunger pains and headaches will go away. My body should be going into ketosis. How often do you weigh? From past experiences I weight once/2 weeks. But I know on this plan I have to weigh every week. Sometimes we have a loss but the scale is not reflecting it. Especially when it comes to building musche. That's where losing inches come in at. I've been on point and stuck to the plan for the past 2 days. Not easy but I'm doing it. Had the infamous oatmeal this morning. And actually it wasn't bad....just thicker than regular instant oatmeal. But that's an easy fix. Just add water. It tasted very good to me. But I'm an oatmeal person. The maryland crab soup was good too. Today i'm trying the veggie chili. I'm just going to try everything this month and order more of my favorites next month.

3rd and 4th day is tough - I had no energy and had a headache. But by day 5, I felt better. It's definitely ketosis. I also found I got bad breath and a weird taste in my mouth - just in case it happens.

I officially weigh every Friday. BUt I'm a daily weigher - I always have been. It's actually one of the keys to my success. It doesn't usually effect me - I am definitely bummed that it's a slow loss week, but I'm still going strong. But I've found if I don't weigh, it's very easy to just snow my brain into thinking I'm fine, I'm not gaining weight and then here I am 60 pounds heavier. So I need to weigh daily.

I'm just dying to hit the halfway point this week - I need 1.5 for the week. But whatever it is, I'm still plugging along. I just placed my new order this morning :)

Glad you enjoyed the oatmeal - I am going to do some creative cooking with some of the stuff :)

Edited by youngestof9

***APPLAUSE***

Don't forget to DRINK THAT WATER -- and a LOT of it spread throughout the day. Also, I read somewhere that a LITTLE added salt will cure the headaches....balances out the electrolytes. Maybe worth a try. I'm doing the "oatmeal smoothies" for meal no. 1 every day... not bad and a HELLUVA lot more palatable than traditional oatmeal way.

I stumbled upon a muffin recipe that uses both the oatmeal AND the powdered eggs if anyone is interested. The eggs are the only box I haven't cracked open this first week. I'm down 12 pounds in the first 10 days here... I'm stoked. I know it's gonna level off, but this thing is definitely working. My 10 days includes the first 5 days waiting for the food, but mimicking the program.

Cheers.. H

***APPLAUSE***

Don't forget to DRINK THAT WATER -- and a LOT of it spread throughout the day. Also, I read somewhere that a LITTLE added salt will cure the headaches....balances out the electrolytes. Maybe worth a try. I'm doing the "oatmeal smoothies" for meal no. 1 every day... not bad and a HELLUVA lot more palatable than traditional oatmeal way.

I stumbled upon a muffin recipe that uses both the oatmeal AND the powdered eggs if anyone is interested. The eggs are the only box I haven't cracked open this first week. I'm down 12 pounds in the first 10 days here... I'm stoked. I know it's gonna level off, but this thing is definitely working. My 10 days includes the first 5 days waiting for the food, but mimicking the program.

Cheers.. H

wow that's awesome!!! I found a muffin recipe too - that's what I'm going to do today. I've eaten the eggs. I actually made it like an omelette with one slice of low sodium ham and some 2% cheese and counted them toward my lean. It wasn't bad.

I have no problem with the water - I think that may be because it's about 1000 degrees out. LMAO. But I actually enjoy the water. The peeing, notsomuch. lol

12 pounds is awesome in the first 2 weeks. wooohoooo

Yes...I'm getting my water in. You've done very well hapster....12 pounds in 10 days is excellent! And thanks so much for the link. Just copied the tips. they should help me a lot as far as variery. I really hope I have good results this week. Maybe tempted to weigh Friday. My weigh in day is Monday.

Cool.... I'm a daily weigher like Youngest.... but then I was a programmer in a previous life so I have to plug my daily weight into my Excel spreadsheet which tracks the weight and the BMI.... I like pictures LOL....

H

I've been looking and looking and can't find the answer....is there a limit on the packages of artificial sweetener we're allowed to use per day? I'm thinking it's a condiment so it's one package/meal......This is so exciting! If I do right and stick to this i'm going to look pretty decent when we cruise on May 14th!!! :D

That's what I thought. I've used all my condiments for the day. Used 2 Splendas in my oatmeal this morning and one equal in my cappicino for my mid morning snack. need to cut that back. Just so used to sprinkling some sort of sweetener on some foods to give them some flavor.

I feel really tired today. Headache came back. Not as bad as yesterday though. Wanted to do a little on the treadmill but better not. Going to lay down and rest.:o

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Not sure if I mentioned this one or not, but it ROCKS.....

Take an envelope of the Peanut Butter Soft Serve and an envelope of something with chocolate -- Dutch Chocolate Shake or Cappucino -- and put both of those in the blender cup. Add about 1 1/4 cup of water and shake it to get all the powder off the side of the cup. Then put it in the fridge for a couple hours or so.

This is TWO meals so split the product in the blender cup in half and then for the first of the two meals in the blender cup add about an inch of crushed ice. Then blend till you smell the blender motor LOL.....

Yummo!!!!

Hap

that sounds YUMMY!!!

has anyone used PB2? I know they say it's not approved condiment anymore but I just ordered some - you can use it as an optional snack. I never have snacks, so I'd like to try it on a brownie or mixed with the PB soft serve.

Edited by youngestof9

Oh wow!!! I love peanut butter cups. No I haven't seen the recipe. Thanks for the link! :) Going to get the hot chicolate. I have the PB2 in the regular and the chocolate.

I have been tempted to get the PB2 but never did. But I wanted to make these!! Plus I heard that PB2 is really good on a brownie. Especially during TOM!!

The Soft Bakes good? Not for another couple weeks yet, but I need to figure out what I'm getting for my 2nd box.... They put too many shakes in the "Starter Pack" in my opinion. They're good, but there's other stuff that can take their place.

H

I customized my order - I wish I really would have even on the first order. I don't love the soups - plus it's so dang hot I don't want soup!

I like the soft bake. When I first tasted it I felt like you could taste a sweetener, but I don't feel like that anymore. It's good, but I like the brownie better. I've read people do different things (like make it into balls and freeze it and then put it on the PB soft serve - basically split a soft serve and put 1/2 of the soft bake balls on it.

Just had my brownie - yum. The center stays a little gooey. Love that!

I know... I've read a lot of places that some people can't stand the brownies.... whatever.. I think they're great....

Hey... you got say two boxes of soup you don't want? Wanna trade for some shakes? I don't mind the soups.... don't know if the logistics of trading would be worth it postage-wise... just thinking out loud here.

H

sure - I have cream of broccoli and cream of chicken - I can just mail them and you can mail the shakes - the postage should be about the same for us - I think I have about 10 packs. What kind of shakes do you have? I only like chocolate and vanilla.