Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

That's true youngestof. But I hadn't ben since last week!!! And feel bloated. I tood some colon cleansers that I had at home this morning and been using flaxseed oil over the weekend for my healthy fat. And I did walk on my lunckbreak today. Hopefully something will happen this evening. If not I'll get the sugar free metamucil. That's true....not that much going in so not that much going out.

Hi Folks;

I am new here,but have been following your conversations and got my courage up to post!.

I have been on Medifast since Mid-April and have lost 22 lbs. I have been strictly "on program" and it has been good, a bit of a struggle and a bit diappointing all at the same time.

I amhappy I have lost 22 lbs....of course they estimated I would lose 3 lbs a week and that has not happened! I thought it was unrealistic to expect that. The biggest struggle has been trying to get the GI system on tract! Fiber, no fiber, benefiber, probiotics....you name it!

Hi Crab! I can relate to the GI tract. Going through that right now. I guess my body is getting used to the different food I'm putting in it. 22 pounds is great. Have you been strictly on the plan and no slip ups? I really think it just dependant on the person....everyones different. Are you exercising?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Hi, Crab!!! Welcome to our "threesome"... only kidding... but it seems like we've been the only three here for awhile... this past week and a half seems like ages for some reason LOL.

For me it's still...211, 212, 211, 212, 212, 211.....for the past few days. I'm counting on Karen's comments to get me through this "plateau"... jeez... I've been on this for only two weeks but I'm going to call it a "plateau" anyhow, dammit.

Just gotta stay OP, don't cheat for anything, and weigh everything!! I'm dying to break the 210 mark. Not trying to be a scale slave, but I think I'm a scale slave. So be it.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

H

My blender arrived today. Going to try the frozen dessert for my last snack.;)

Just make sure you use crushed ice as much as you can, Karen, to extend the life of that little guy. Plus, shaking the cup before you blend it helps, too.

H

Hi, Crab!!! Welcome to our "threesome"... only kidding... but it seems like we've been the only three here for awhile... this past week and a half seems like ages for some reason LOL.

For me it's still...211, 212, 211, 212, 212, 211.....for the past few days. I'm counting on Karen's comments to get me through this "plateau"... jeez... I've been on this for only two weeks but I'm going to call it a "plateau" anyhow, dammit.

Just gotta stay OP, don't cheat for anything, and weigh everything!! I'm dying to break the 210 mark. Not trying to be a scale slave, but I think I'm a scale slave. So be it.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

H

Hap - it WILL go down. You can't continue to eat this amount of calories <1000 and not lose it. Sometimes your body hangs on for a bit. You'll get there!!

Have a great day - headed to the gym for my 45 minutes :)

Thanks for the welcome. I have 15 lbs more to go to get to goal. Like I say, I have lost 22 over 3 months. I have never been one to drop wgt easily. Took me a long time on WW 10 yrs ago to lose 47 lbs - almost 18 mos. So this is faster.

I do exercise some. They emphasize not to do more than 45 min 3 X a week. I swim some and I get on the treadmill for 30 min 2-3 X wk. My body is NOT wanting to give up the last 15 lbs without a fight! BTW, I am a gal and in 50's.....weight comes off much harder now than when I was younger! :rolleyes:

I weigh in today and have lost nothing - by my scales. Another plateau. I am due for one because the past few wks have been pretty good. I amgetting bored with the food. Today I am going to try some choc chip pancakes since you say they are good. Hints on how to make them? In a mug - so they are like a muffin?

Things I like: Brownie, Dark choc shakes, choc mint bars, choc crunch bars, pb bars, cinn pretzels, rasp tea. Can't stand the oatmeal - and I like oatmeal normally. Oh and the eggs? Horrible!

Edited by crabcreeker

Well, "going" when there's basically nothing in there is not uncommon. It's not like we're getting the bulk we usually get other than the L+G. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Keep on drinking that water, and I think I read somewhere in my MF internet travels about using sugar-free Metamucil. Might help things in that direction. It's a few carbs, but nothing earth-shattering.

Good luck with the move ;-)

Here's a link from one of my favorite resources

http://ichoosethin.com/thinblog/medifast-and-bowel-movements/

H

That link is excellent. I have read it before but it really helps. I go to a Medifast Center and they had me do a cleanse. That helped some. Now I seem to have to take additional fiber whereas before, it was a constipation problem. Don't we love having to focus on all this? I feel like an old ____! :rolleyes: NOT!

Thanks H for the blender tips. It seems right sturdy bit want to make it last as long as possible. I found out today that we have 2 Medifast centers here on Richmond. Other than the weekly weigh In and immediate does purchase what so the centers have to offer?

Do they offer supplements or appetite supressants? Just wondering....

Other than the weekly weigh In and immediate does purchase what so the centers have to offer?

Do they offer supplements or appetite supressants? Just wondering....

Well, the good news is I weighed in and stayed the same....at least I didn't gain! :)

The Medifast center.....you sign a contract to lose weight, set your goal. They measure you and take 2 pictures initially (front and side view) and do the body composition analysis.

They do measurements monthly, a body fat composition (by machine) monthly, they counsel, they recommend a cleanse and call you daily during the week you do the cleanse to check on you. They are available for questions daily.

They offer all the products that are offered online, plus they have supplements like Vit B 12, Omega 3 capsules, probiotics, appetite suppresants, fiber, etc. They also sell the blender, cookbooks, food scales, etc.

For me, I tried to do WW online and it didn't work for me because I need the accountability of having to go weigh in. I lost the 47 lbs with WW when I went every week and stayed for the meetings. With the Medifast center, you must complete a weekly food diary and turn it in at your weigh-in.

BTW: I saw online they now have a new product - cereal. I didn't think they'd have it yet at the center, but they did. I bought the cinnamon one and it's good! Also, they had the parmesan puffs - which have been unavailable the whole time I have been OP...anxious to try them and the choc chip pancakes (which I have never had).

Edited by crabcreeker

Thanks for the info. Was just wondering about the centers. Haven't heard much about them lately. The chocolate chip pancakes are one of my favorites. Next month I'll order 2 boxes of those. Like the plain ones too. Yea going into a center and having to weigh in once a week does hold you accountable. Is the food still purchased on a monthly basis or weekly?

Thanks for the welcome. I have 15 lbs more to go to get to goal. Like I say, I have lost 22 over 3 months. I have never been one to drop wgt easily. Took me a long time on WW 10 yrs ago to lose 47 lbs - almost 18 mos. So this is faster.

I do exercise some. They emphasize not to do more than 45 min 3 X a week. I swim some and I get on the treadmill for 30 min 2-3 X wk. My body is NOT wanting to give up the last 15 lbs without a fight! BTW, I am a gal and in 50's.....weight comes off much harder now than when I was younger! :rolleyes:

I weigh in today and have lost nothing - by my scales. Another plateau. I am due for one because the past few wks have been pretty good. I amgetting bored with the food. Today I am going to try some choc chip pancakes since you say they are good. Hints on how to make them? In a mug - so they are like a muffin?

Things I like: Brownie, Dark choc shakes, choc mint bars, choc crunch bars, pb bars, cinn pretzels, rasp tea. Can't stand the oatmeal - and I like oatmeal normally. Oh and the eggs? Horrible!

I'm also in my 50's and the weight is so much harder to.come odd and a lot easier to gain. I tried WW. First week lost 10 lbs and nothing else. I do pretty good on a carb restricted

plan. WW gave me too much freedom. So far Medifast is going good with my Take Shape for Life coach.

Edited by nurseingu

Can one just walk in off the street and buy "a la carte" boxes of Medifast from the Center or do you have to be "signed up" so to speak?

H

Hap I've read that you cannot walk in and buy. It's much more expensive to go to a center and they don't allow people to just buy foods. I've read some people are quoted $1000+ plus the cost of food. Sounds like a lot of money because I'm doing it just paying for food online.

Thanks for the info. Was just wondering about the centers. Haven't heard much about them lately. The chocolate chip pancakes are one of my favorites. Next month I'll order 2 boxes of those. Like the plain ones too. Yea going into a center and having to weigh in once a week does hold you accountable. Is the food still purchased on a monthly basis or weekly?

Weekly.

Hap I've read that you cannot walk in and buy. It's much more expensive to go to a center and they don't allow people to just buy foods. I've read some people are quoted $1000+ plus the cost of food. Sounds like a lot of money because I'm doing it just paying for food online.

I think you are probably right.

You probably have to be signed up to buy the food.

Yeah, I have a center within literally a 10-min walk from my house. I called them when I was in the research phase about a week before I ordered up my first box online. First thing the girl said when she answered the phone after the niceties was "Oh, let me get your number in case we get disconnected"... LOL. Oh, okay. That happens to my phone calls ALL the time. Thanks.

You're right... it's about 1,000... plus the weekly homework and all. This is so easy to do on your own, and that's three months on your own compared to one month in the center of $$$ savings. The main thing this takes is COMMITMENT!!

H

As long as we get results it doesn't matter weather its a center or through Take Shape for Life.. Today @ work we had a seminar with deli sandwiches,potato salad,cookies,brownies.....you name it. And I didn't touch any. Had my snack before it started and during lunch I fixed my chicken and rice soup and I was satisfied. I'm finding now that temptation is easier to resist than it used to be. Trying to stay odd the scale but I may weigh the end of this week....just to see where I'm at.

Edited by nurseingu

I'm also in my 50's and the weight is so much harder to.come odd and a lot easier to gain. I tried WW. First week lost 10 lbs and nothing else. I do pretty good on a carb restricted

plan. WW gave me too much freedom. So far Medifast is going good with my Take Shape for Life coach.

Can you tell me more about the Take Shape for Life coach?

Is this offered online?

How do you get one and what do they do for you?

Yes...the Take Shape for Life program is offered on line. It's a free program and Medifast is not necessary to be on the program but it is recommended. There are coaches all over. I'm in VA and my coach is in Alabama. She texts me everyday and anytime I have a question or need support she's there for me. She called me and walked me through my first order. I weigh in every Monday and I report my weight to her. She is always sending helpful tips re Medifast and how we can get the most out of our meals....taste wise. I'm going into my 10th day on the program and so far so good. My first month of good through TSFL was$250 which wasn't bad at all to me. Cheaper than eating out and cooking. TSFL had a website with an online community. Have you been to the Medifast site....MyMedifast? Lots of good information there too. I'm just getting used to all of the sites so its new to me too. But I'm more than happy to share with you what I know!

Karen

Edited by nurseingu

As long as we get results it doesn't matter weather its a center or through Take Shape for Life.. Today @ work we had a seminar with deli sandwiches,potato salad,cookies,brownies.....you name it. And I didn't touch any. Had my snack before it started and during lunch I fixed my chicken and rice soup and I was satisfied. I'm finding now that temptation is easier to resist than it used to be. Trying to stay odd the scale but I may weigh the end of this week....just to see where I'm at.

Hehe... isn't that amazing, Karen? I'm a freelance court reporter and our office hosts the depositions every day. We provide a continental breakfast and bring in a different lunch every day from someplace or other (you know, the good stuff)... and to top it off, they make those Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the oven just off the mingle area where all the attorneys hang out, along with fruit, sodas, coffee, tea, nuts... the whole deal. Well, VERY easy to gain weight and there are a lot of very overweight attys we have as clients, not surprisingly. I bring my Thermos with some sort of Medifast soup in there I've soaked overnight and prepared in the morning with chopped celery and Sriracha and it's damn satisfying. I, too, am amazed at the fact I can go up to the buffet table, take a look at everything, and not be tempted by ANYTHING.

H