Music and balconies?

We booked a cruise for Thanksgiving week aboard the Radiance, it will be our first balcony,and we were wondering if there is any quiet music piped in from a radio or one of the lounges.I know it sounds like a silly question but it would be nice to hear some steel drums while watching the sunset.

I love the idea of listening to steel drums on a balcony while cruising in the caribbean... Doesn't mean its romantic.. I'm cruising with my Mother and almost teenage son and I think it would be "cool" as we cruise through the caribbean islands to hear this...

We booked a cruise for Thanksgiving week aboard the Radiance, it will be our first balcony,and we were wondering if there is any quiet music piped in from a radio or one of the lounges.I know it sounds like a silly question but it would be nice to hear some steel drums while watching the sunset.

i bring my own and keep it at a low level so the wife and i can enjoy.if you have a discman or etc .you can by small speakers at walgreens and plug it in and here your music!

Walgreens also has very inexpensive headphones:)

They even have a gizmo so you can plug two sets of headphones into your walkman, iPod, etc.!

Having suffered through rap music on the balcony next to ours, shared music should really be enjoyed in public venues. Poolside, bar lounges, etc. Let the professional musicians provide your shared entertainment there.

I would never suggest you shouldn't enjoy your balcony but let others enjoy theirs as well;)

We travel with a CD player (small) and lots of CDs. We enjoyed all kinds of music on our balcony on AOS. We asked our neighbors if it was bothering them and they commented that they couldn't even hear it. If you don't turn it up terribly loud, and are considerate, it would seem that you should be able to enjoy it on your balcony as well as in your stateroom.

There is nothing like listening to Bob Marley, having a pre-dinner cocktail on your balcony and watching the sunset in the Caribbean. I wish I were doing that right now. (maybe coffee & a sunrise right now;) )

Walgreens also has very inexpensive headphones:)

They even have a gizmo so you can plug two sets of headphones into your walkman, iPod, etc.!

Having suffered through rap music on the balcony next to ours, shared music should really be enjoyed in public venues. Poolside, bar lounges, etc. Let the professional musicians provide your shared entertainment there.

I would never suggest you shouldn't enjoy your balcony but let others enjoy theirs as well;)

We had that once and a simple phone call to the staff shut it down. I love music just as much as anyone but to blast it late at night on the balcony was uncalled for. The next morning I got some disgrunted looks from a couple of teens as I was leaving my cabin at the same time as them.

I should have gotten even by blasting some Frank Sinantra.....Dean Martin tunes on my balcony.....:D

Back to the question....I take a CD player along on all cruises but it is in the cabin and turned down low. I enjoy it with a late night cocktail and my sweetheart of a lady I have sharing it with me. ;)

Two drinks.......$14.50

Smooth Jazz CD.........$16.50

Ahhhh....soft music....a glass or two of spirits.....moon light.....the sounds of the waves heating the side of the ship.....a wonderful lady to share that with......

Priceless.........;)

glr068 -

She is a lucky lady...;)

Thanks....but I'm the lucky one..;) That's the best part of the cruise for us besides the dancing in the lounges. We return to the cabin and although they don't recommend it, we light candles, put some smooth jazz on the CD player and relax and talk about the days events and just enjoy each other company and talk about how lucky we both are to have found each other 5 years ago when we both thought our lives were destined to be lived alone.

If you are old enough to remember these words in a song then you'll know what I'm talking about......"Just when I thought my life was over, and that I was through with love, you came along. I found in you something beautiful and I'll never give it up. "

Roberta Flack/Peabo Bryson

although they don't recommend it, we light candles

Oh my gosh, you actually put everyone's safety in jeopardy by lighting candles in your stateroom?!! I simply can't imagine doing that!! A fire on a cruise ship would be a horrible experience!! Save your candles for home!!

The wonderful silence of an ocean night is one of the great joys of a balcony - at least to my way of thinking. I am a music lover but this is one place that I don't want the intrution of artificial sound...... :)

Sorry this is for Yvonne........

Come on...whats the difference if you light up a smoke in your cabin. Have some common sense when using them......It's not like they are lite and we go off and leave them burning. They are in a jar for God's sake. Actually much safer than a cigarette laying in an ashtray. It could fall off as it burns down.

I simply said they don't recommend them because there are idiots that would do just as they do at home....go off and leave them.

Be responsible and there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh one other thing....I guess they are putting all of us at risk...when you go to the dining room or a specail dinner and they have candles all over the place?

I see you are a seasoned cruiser, then you should know that they have the finest fire prevention systems? So relax and let the hair down and enjoy yourself. ;)

just like krisi we keep real low so only we can hear it and ask our neighbors one asked us to turn up our steel drums a tad so they could hear it and no one complained and w e asked all around us.not all of us are rude!

Sorry this is for Yvonne........

Come on...whats the difference if you light up a smoke in your cabin. Have some common sense when using them......It's not like they are lite and we go off and leave them burning. They are in a jar for God's sake. Actually much safer than a cigarette laying in an ashtray. It could fall off as it burns down.

I simply said they don't recommend them because there are idiots that would do just as they do at home....go off and leave them.

Be responsible and there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh one other thing....I guess they are putting all of us at risk...when you go to the dining room or a specail dinner and they have candles all over the place?

I see you are a seasoned cruiser, then you should know that they have the finest fire prevention systems? So relax and let the hair down and enjoy yourself. ;)

Hope to be never on the same ship like you. Candles are a fire hazard and it´s unresponsible to use them on a ship. There are no candles in the dining room on the ship for the same reason. I know you won´t agree with me and I´m not going to argue with you. Just stating my opinion on the candle topic and your behaviour.

Archived