Cabin Choice (mistake)

huneymoonerz

DH and I have cruised 2x before always with an oceanview. In order to afford this cruise (we have kids now) we had to go with an inside stateroom.

Has anyone done this sort of downgrade? How was it? We're going to see about a port upgrade.

The cruise is a M-F to Catalina/Mexico.

I have cruised in an inside many times, and I do not have any problems with it. There are some who would rather not cruise if they cannot have a balcony or a suite - but for myself, if it comes down to an inside or no cruise at all...I'll take the inside room.

Keep in mind that most inside rooms do not have the couch (less room to just keep stuff during your cruise), and with no window - will be very dark. If that bothers you, try packing a small night light. Or set the TV to the camera in the front of the ship. As the day gets lighter, so will the image on your TV.

Other than that, you should be fine. Just enjoy your cruise, and enjoy your time together.

You can not upgrade at the port as Carnival ships always sail full.

I'm sure that y'all will be fine with the inside cabin. A great many of my friends, folks that I've sailed with many times, won't do anything but an inside! Great value for the dollar!

:)

In order to save money, I have always sailed with an interior. I have never downgraded. (there's nothing to downgrade to). But look at it this way...you are on a ship. Just spend less time in your room and enjoy the views from the decks above. I have done this exact itin. that you are speaking of. Day one you are already anchored pretty early. Go up above a have a wonderful view of the harbor. Very few people were around the upper levels when we got up there around 7:30. In Ensenada, you spend all day on shore (or enjoying the empty ship). On the sea day, there are tons to do on board, including the groove for St. Jude!

Just enjoy yourself, and personally, for 4 days, I don't think you will miss the oceanview. I was never in my room...

Enjoy your Fun Ship Cruise. (I wish I was going with you!!!)

Inside room is a good choice! When DH and I brought our then 4 year old son on his first cruise, we got an inside room that was down the hall from Camp Carnival. We were so pleased with our choice! At that time, our son was waking up at first light so having an inside cabin bought us an hour or so extra sleep in the morning--precious time, as I'm sure you are aware! Afternoon naps (for everyone!) were better with the inside room too.

We talked about getting a balcony but the fear of the boy locking us out or jumping overboard FAR outweighed the benefit of a view. The least expensive ocean view room was the same price as the inside right by Camp Carnival so we chose to do the inside room. Now that he is a bit older, we are talking about another family cruise. We are likely to get an inside room again. We tend to spend less time in the room as a family than we do when we cruise as a couple.

Do take a little night light for the cabin. Oh, and one for the bathroom too.

Enjoy your cruise! And enjoy your little ones while they are little! :)

Our first cruise was a balcony, then went to inside, back to balcony and then back to inside. We've also had oceanviews. I don't care what category I'm in as long as I'm on a cruise. We do not spend much time in our cabin. Even when we had balconies we were not in there. My kids don't care either. Enjoy your cruise and quit worrying. But remember the nightlight.

I always sail inside. The highest I went was a large ocean view window and the was during hurricane katrina and I looked out my window and saw how high the waves were and nearly vommitted from the sight after that I rather see nothing, never worry, and have a few hundred bucks in my back pocket. Plus, I am never and I mean never in my cabin unless I am forced to sleep :).

The wife and I have always sailed Inside cabins. On one cruise we were upgraded to an Ocean View. It was nice, but we decided we wouldn't do it again. We like the dark rooms for extra sleeping time when we want it and we like the coziness of the room.

That said, we haven't tried a balcony yet. We've heard we'll never want to go back to our cozy inside.

An inside room wouldn't ruin it for me, but if I could get an ocean view for under a hundred dollars more I would do it. I'd just spend less on other things.

Check the Carnival website everyday. It's possible the ocean view is not much more now than what you paid for the inside room. Then call and ask to pay to be upgraded to OV. That's how I got a balcony room for the four of us for $120 more than the OV I first booked. When I first booked, the balcony would have been $300 dollars more.

The ocean view rooms had dropped even more and were only $50 more than the inside rooms.

Check the More the Merrier rate. I had previously booked the past guest rate, then they came out with the better one. I'm not sure if it will work if you booked ES.

DH and I always book an inside cabin. It's dark for good sleeping and napping. Have saved lots of $$ over the years, meaning a few more cruises get to be booked. I think you'll like it. If not, then you'll know next cruise. Happy sailing!!:)

My DH and I usually said twice a year - 1 curise we splurge and get a balcony. The other cruise we get an interior room just to save money. We use to try to get away a couple weekend a year but decided to do a second cruise in a interior cabin

We never had a problem and realized just how little time we do spend in the cabin.

DH and I have cruised 2x before always with an oceanview. In order to afford this cruise (we have kids now) we had to go with an inside stateroom.

Has anyone done this sort of downgrade? How was it? We're going to see about a port upgrade.

The cruise is a M-F to Catalina/Mexico.

Some people love inside rooms and others can't stand them. I have had inside, oceanview and one aft balcony. I don't mind an inside for a three day but anymore than that then I want a view (if the price is right). You won't be able to upgrade at the port, I've tried several times. The M-F cruise to Catalina/Mexico is usually priced pretty low at least compared to the 3 day cruises. Have you called and tried to make a deal with Carnival? Have a wonderful cruise! I have to wait until October for my cruise :(

Relax, if cruising inside killed you many CC members would be dead by now. I actually prefer to cruise in an inside cabin, I sleep better, I get a good deal, and I still get to be on a fabulous ship and enjoy a great vacation. Who cares? Have a good time, it's the same cruise whether you've got the cheapest or the most expensive cabin on board. Carnival wants you to think it's a huge difference, but it's really not, I've tried, in the long run it's the same vacation.

We have gone from...inside to balcony to inside back and forth several times, we have the same great time wherever our cabin is. Our best cruise yet...was a four day with the 3 of us in an inside cabin. We started the balcony cabins when our son was a baby so we could sit on the balcony while he napped. This is no longer an issue so we just book the best deal.

Archived