Location of Dock(s) for river boats stopping in Vienna?

Baybear

Just a brief warning. The u- Bahn is easy to use but busy. I had a quick encounter with a young pickpocket at Stephanplatz. Thank goodness my hand hit hers before anything came out. Stay alert. One big advantage to DIY on the metro was timing. We were overnight in Vienna and by getting off on our own, we were at Schonnbrun before the Viking tour was even scheduled to leave the ship. Allowed us to tour ahead of the crowds.

Hi, I have just booked a Saga the golden wachau valley cruise starting from Vienna on 25th September. As i will be making my own way to the ship i would appreciate chatting with other travellers in a similar situation.

I will be travelling alone and am therefore also interested in other singles making this trip.

John (from Malta)

John

You might want to post this over in the river cruise roll call forum as a new thread. You will need a thread title. I suggest you use cruise line/ship/date so anyone looking will see that and perhaps read.

Sadly, because river ships are small, your dos of getting a reply aren't good.

If you need assistance n determining how to get to the ship, you might also want to start a thread on this forum.

Safe travels!

Hi, I have just booked a Saga the golden wachau valley cruise starting from Vienna on 25th September. As i will be making my own way to the ship i would appreciate chatting with other travellers in a similar situation.

I will be travelling alone and am therefore also interested in other singles making this trip.

John (from Malta)

John

You might want to post this over in the river cruise roll call forum as a new thread. You will need a thread title. I suggest you use cruise line/ship/date so anyone looking will see that and perhaps read.

Sadly, because river ships are small, your dos of getting a reply aren't good.

If you need assistance n determining how to get to the ship, you might also want to start a thread on this forum.

Safe travels!

Hello Capt Sindbad,

an unusual starting dock, I assume you will be heading into Germany from there as the Wachau valley is upstream from Vienna. Just seeing the Wachau valley would be a short journey... Are you doing five days only, with a UK chartered ship? Which one does Saga use on this?

John (from Malta)

You are likely to start the cruise in Nussdorf that being one of the ports in Vienna - or you might be lucky and be in downtown Vienna. Nussdorf is easy to reach with public transport, I used the tram but there is also a railway line. You can look this up here: https://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/transport The info about your port should be in your cruise documents.

Have a great cruise.

notamermaid