Jewel Disembarkation

vwgolf

We are on the Jewel departing NYC on 27th August and returning a week later. I was wondering what the procedure for disembarkation was, specifically what time do we have to be off the ship? Our flight home to England from JFk does not start checking in until 5pm so it looks like we may have time to kill, which won't be easy with four pieces of luggage! Also does anyone know the best way to get to the airport? Will it be easy to catch a taxi from the port?

Thanks!

We are on the Jewel departing NYC on 27th August and returning a week later. I was wondering what the procedure for disembarkation was, specifically what time do we have to be off the ship? Our flight home to England from JFk does not start checking in until 5pm so it looks like we may have time to kill, which won't be easy with four pieces of luggage! Also does anyone know the best way to get to the airport? Will it be easy to catch a taxi from the port?

Thanks!

Are you carrying off your own luggage? If not then you can wait untill all passengers are called off, they have a color coded tag system, depending on your floor and cabin, but you have the option of picking the tag color the night before you get off, in the main lobby they put out all tags and have an approximate time that color will be called off. I don't think you will have a problem with finding a taxi, not sure of the cost, I think its posted on the boards somewhere. Hope this helps and have a great trip, we went on the Jewel last yr and had a great time.

If you want to do some sightseeing in Manhattan before heading to JFK, you can first take a taxi to one of the locations of Schwartz Travel http://schwartztravel.com/ . You can store your bags for a few dollars each, do your sightseeing, then pick your luggage up a few hours later and take a taxi to JFK to catch your flight. There is a flat taxi fare of $45 from anywhere in Manhattan to JFK. You can assume it will cost about $55-60 including tolls and tip.

@vwgolf

We came back last Saturday:

Easy Walk-Off (with all your bags) started at 07:45.

At 08:50 all Aqua tags to start leaving the Jewel for NCL Transfers to JFK LGA and EWR. Hope this helps. All other groups in 15-mins increments after that, according to color of luggage tags - until 10:00.

---

- Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

Archived