balcony light

Plantcitycruise

For those of you who are bothered by it, I'm sorry that it's a problem for you. But personally, I'm not really sure why the neighbor's balcony light would be an issue. There are curtains in the room that block pretty much all the light if you close them. The cabin stewards tend to close them when they make up the beds for the night, even when I've left them open before we left the room.

But regardless, we've slept with the curtains wide open and only noticed our neighbor's balcony light on if we got up and looked over towards their balcony. The light is usually located against the wall of the room, so it's not like a bright bulb shining directly in your eyes.

I guess the balcony light isn't something important to us, I don't recall ever wanting to sit out on the balcony after dark to read. My favorite time out on the balcony is just as the sun is rising in the morning, when the sky is getting light. That's the prettiest time of day, and one of the many reasons why I always want a balcony cabin.

Actually the light is very bright and on our last ship, located to the left of the door so it was in fact shining in our cabin. Like an above poster mentioned, it is a very bright outside light, not a soft bulb that you might use at home. If the cabin neighbor is out on their balcony actually needing the light, no biggie, but the problem seems to be folks that just turn on the balcony light just as they would a front porch light at home. It's just not the same and YES it is annoying. It probably hasn't bothered you because it hasn't happened to you in the same capacity as it has affected some of us, so please don't try to downplay this fact to seem like just a silly annoyance. If it's bright enough to affect the bridge of the ship it's sure as heck bright enough to annoy a balcony neighbor.

Remember, it's not about closing our curtains, it's about wanting to sit out at night without our neighbors balcony light ruining the experience (while they are oblivious/out/asleep, etc..) If you are having a balcony club meeting then your light had better be off!!:eek::D

After putting the 6 year old to bed...my dw and I use the balcony as not to disturb her. And as far as lights and balcony club..humm when things get started I don't jump up and turn off the lights..she might..but as a female couple....we love our blanket on balcony time...:p

After putting the 6 year old to bed...my dw and I use the balcony as not to disturb her. And as far as lights and balcony club..humm when things get started I don't jump up and turn off the lights..she might..but as a female couple....we love our blanket on balcony time...:p

What does being a female couple have to do with it?

I guess Im for not bothering neighbors and glad I only get a balcony once in a while. got one coming up and admit I hope we have no smokers next to us chain smoking or bright lights at night on.

What does being a female couple have to do with it?

It has alot to do with it...We can't cuddle in the public areas without stares,pointed fingers,and whispers..So the balcony is where we can relax without all that..surely your not that naive.

I guess Im for not bothering neighbors and glad I only get a balcony once in a while. got one coming up and admit I hope we have no smokers next to us chain smoking or bright lights at night on.

And now to address this comment..As the nonsmokers pushed this issue, the balcony is now a designated smoking area...So if we are chain smokers or not ...finish this yourself.

I hope you also get the balcony neighbors that are to your liking, and I hope for the same for my cruise. :D

It might surprise you that the balcony neighbor has no idea there is a light switch that turns the light off.

We had a balcony neighbor that left the light on and was never in the cabin- We asked the cabin steward to turn off the light the next day because we like sitting out there at night looking at the stars.

THe steward turned the light off and it was never on again the rest of the week--

Archived