balcony light

Plantcitycruise

We are going on our first cruise in a couple weeks and have a question about the balcony on the Legend. We have a 6 year old that will be going to sleep before the adults. Does the balcony have a light so we can sit out and read and/or play cards?

Yes it does! Enjoy & don't forget to shut it off when you turn in!:D

We are going on our first cruise in a couple weeks and have a question about the balcony on the Legend. We have a 6 year old that will be going to sleep before the adults. Does the balcony have a light so we can sit out and read and/or play cards?

If they similar to Princess they probably will have switch controlled light on the balcony. The light on Princess didn't put much light on the balcony at night.:cool:. You'll have fun . Probably will be to tired sit on the balcony after the 6 year old goes to bed .

We tend to book staterooms toward the stern for some reason. We have been able to turn on the balcony light if we so wanted. It seems to be a 30 watt fluorescent tube. It puts out enough light to seriously irritate your neighbors.

Doc

On our last few Carnival cruises the balcony lights were turned off by the bridge while sailing so you couldn't turn it back on.

We haven't cruised Carnival in a while but have always enjoyed reading at night on our balcony. Were you near the aft by chance? I have read where they could not turn on their light at night. I will be disappointed if we don't have light:( Anybody on Freedom recently and if so did you have a light on your balcony while sailing?

On our last few Carnival cruises the balcony lights were turned off by the bridge while sailing so you couldn't turn it back on.

Last year on the Spirit, the people in the next cabin kept their light on ALL night. They would turn it on, go out on the balcony for a few minutes and then go back in without turning it off. VERY annoying.

I doubt you are going to read or play cards.

When the ships are cruising at night, the wind gets pretty crazy.

Not really a place to relax and kick back.

That is not exactly accurate. We have been on quite a few cruises where everything is calm and very enjoyable on the balcony at night. We have also been on cruises where it was pretty rough. It all depends on mother nature.

For those of you who are bothered by it, I'm sorry that it's a problem for you. But personally, I'm not really sure why the neighbor's balcony light would be an issue. There are curtains in the room that block pretty much all the light if you close them. The cabin stewards tend to close them when they make up the beds for the night, even when I've left them open before we left the room.

But regardless, we've slept with the curtains wide open and only noticed our neighbor's balcony light on if we got up and looked over towards their balcony. The light is usually located against the wall of the room, so it's not like a bright bulb shining directly in your eyes.

I guess the balcony light isn't something important to us, I don't recall ever wanting to sit out on the balcony after dark to read. My favorite time out on the balcony is just as the sun is rising in the morning, when the sky is getting light. That's the prettiest time of day, and one of the many reasons why I always want a balcony cabin.

For those of you who are bothered by it, I'm sorry that it's a problem for you. But personally, I'm not really sure why the neighbor's balcony light would be an issue. There are curtains in the room that block pretty much all the light if you close them. The cabin stewards tend to close them when they make up the beds for the night, even when I've left them open before we left the room.

But regardless, we've slept with the curtains wide open and only noticed our neighbor's balcony light on if we got up and looked over towards their balcony. The light is usually located against the wall of the room, so it's not like a bright bulb shining directly in your eyes.

Of course there is no problem with the neighbors balcony light on if you're in your cabin.

What some people have an issue with is when one cabin wants to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the stars. The next door balcony light on takes away from that.

It's one thing if the neighbor is out there using the light for reading, etc. The annoyance is when they leave it on all night for no reason.

I guess the balcony light isn't something important to us, I don't recall ever wanting to sit out on the balcony after dark to read. My favorite time out on the balcony is just as the sun is rising in the morning, when the sky is getting light. That's the prettiest time of day, and one of the many reasons why I always want a balcony cabin.

I like to sleep with the drapes open, to enjoy the night sky.....I have been annoyed by people turning their light on, and then be away from their cabin till 3 AM. It is annoying, and a disregard for others who enjoy the night sky. They do turn it off when THEY retire, or pass out....but usually repeat the process. Have a bit of courtesy for your balcony neighbors, and turn it off when you don't need it.

I think that maybe the cabins nearer the bridge may be "blacked out" to avoid reflections there.

I like to sleep with the drapes open, to enjoy the night sky.....I have been annoyed by people turning their light on, and then be away from their cabin till 3 AM. It is annoying, and a disregard for others who enjoy the night sky. They do turn it off when THEY retire, or pass out....but usually repeat the process. Have a bit of courtesy for your balcony neighbors, and turn it off when you don't need it.

I think that maybe the cabins nearer the bridge may be "blacked out" to avoid reflections there.

No not nearer the bridge...Aft wraps and close to the back...its for navigational reasons...NO Light at sea nights

Of course there is no problem with the neighbors balcony light on if you're in your cabin.

What some people have an issue with is when one cabin wants to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the stars. The next door balcony light on takes away from that.

It's one thing if the neighbor is out there using the light for reading, etc. The annoyance is when they leave it on all night for no reason.

Ken is exactly right! Although I am not a member of the balcony club, I believe most members prefer that the neighbor's balcony lights be turned off. :p

On our last 3 cruises Destiny, Liberty, Valor we were not able to turn the balcony light on. We asked the room Stewart about it and he told us that they are turned off while at sea.

I hope they are doing this ship wide now. We've had those neighbors that never turned the light off. So annoying. I thought about calling and saying that I was the service desk personnel and had received a request for the light to be turned off:D

I hope they are doing this ship wide now. We've had those neighbors that never turned the light off. So annoying. I thought about calling and saying that I was the service desk personnel and had received a request for the light to be turned off:D

Just a reminder...I am a graveyard shift worker..the nights ARE my days..doesn't change when I'm on ship...close your curtains...proud member of the balcony club...:p

Just a reminder...I am a graveyard shift worker..the nights ARE my days..doesn't change when I'm on ship...close your curtains...proud member of the balcony club...:p

Remember, it's not about closing our curtains, it's about wanting to sit out at night without our neighbors balcony light ruining the experience (while they are oblivious/out/asleep, etc..) If you are having a balcony club meeting then your light had better be off!!:eek::D

Archived