Christmas 2011 on SD II

frequent traveler

Just discovered that we will be sharing our first day at St. Barth's with Hal Maasdam. In addition to the other holiday crowds that is an additional 1500 people. Yuck. Looks like December 27th will be a water toys day!

I don't think we've ever been in St. Bart's with a "big" ship -- I didn't realize it was possible. . .

FT

I don't think we've ever been in St. Bart's with a "big" ship -- I didn't realize it was possible. . .

FT

I've never seen anything bigger than SD or SB at St. Bart's.

That's news to me too. Never seen one there in our trips. It was always crowded enough with just us.:D

Agreed Jim! We don't even get off the yacht when we are St. Bart's. It's a great water toy day for DJ's DH:D

I wonder if there will be restrictions on water toys because the harbor will be so busy with private yachts/boats and HAL:eek:

When we were on SD II in St. Barths last December, there was a Crystal ship, but of course that is only about 900 people max.

Call me crazy Jim, but that crowd doesn't look like HAL peeps. Of course, they don't look like Crystal people either.. .they need a few more birthdays under their belts, or bikinis in this case.

It's been almost a year since our one and only SD adventure, and all this talk of cruising the yachts makes me sad, jealous, homesick. My husband says we have to be content with Florida for the winter and being regular retired old folks. :(

working today . .. waiting for a document to print, got the music playing . . .

current song is sooo right

All I want for Christmas is a real good tan

Take me to the islands; put my feet in the sand

Rockin’ to and fro with the rhythm of the ocean

Singin’ Silent Night with the palm trees blowin’

Ooh, don’t you think it’s a pretty good plan

via SD II.

FT

working today . .. waiting for a document to print, got the music playing . . .

current song is sooo right

Take me to the islands; put my feet in the sand

Rockin’ to and fro with the rhythm of the ocean

Singin’ Silent Night with the palm trees blowin’

Ooh, don’t you think it’s a pretty good plan

via SD II.

FT

HO HO HO! Very appropriate song.

FT & zvqol, as you well know, I stalk you guys, regardless of the cruiseline, so I will be living (somewhat unhappily) vicariously through you. Can't wait to hear all about all!

Thanks T.

I am ready to go, I need to get out of town for a few days. We sail in 27 days!

• 2 weeks later...

I was flying home from Florida, where we will spend Christmas, yesterday during that horribly gloomy weather. I thought we were lucky to spend Christmas at the beach in Florida then I read your post:D

Color me green with envy:eek:

I was flying home from Florida, where we will spend Christmas, yesterday during that horribly gloomy weather. I thought we were lucky to spend Christmas at the beach in Florida then I read your post:D

Color me green with envy:eek:

I'm with you DJ. And not a single offer to take us along with them for Christmas.:eek:

Christmas day we (SDII) will be with SDI at Prickly Pear for what we are assuming will be a joint "splash". Wonderful!

Sure ... rub it in;)

Christmas Day we will have our toes in the sand and some fresh seafood and champagne but the water was FREEZING when I was in Florida earlier this week. Not even close to a splash ... unless the dog decides to head into the ocean:eek:

Sure ... rub it in;)

Christmas Day we will have our toes in the sand and some fresh seafood and champagne but the water was FREEZING when I was in Florida earlier this week. Not even close to a splash ... unless the dog decides to head into the ocean:eek:

I will be snorkeling every day, even it means taking the thick wetsuit instead of the shortie. I am making the most out of this trip.:):(:)

I will be snorkeling every day, even it means taking the thick wetsuit instead of the shortie. I am making the most out of this trip.:):(:)

You are giving your family and yourself a wonderful gift ... now if you would just include your friends:cool::p

• 2 weeks later...
Hey FT,

We'll be there. Doing the b2b the week before and Christmas week. Not that I want to rush away the end of summer and fall but ..... let the countdown begin! Given how time is flying it will be here before we know it.

Hi overwurked. Time has flown and hopefully you are now on board. ZQ Vol learned that Peter was in ATL last night . . . does that mean the wonderful Christophe Cornu is our Hot Man for the holidays? Hopefully you will check in sometime this week with all the news. See you Friday. :D

FT

zqvol and FT, golfing, tennis, and general retirement frivolities here in SW Florida have kept me absent from CC, but remembering that your holiday trip was coming up, I checked in just to wish you a bon voyage!

I am reminded of our fabulous SD trip last December, and am very, very jealous. Have a wonderful time. I shall check in (as you know, I stalk you both), and am looking forward to delicious details and pictures of your adventures.

As you head south we will be returning to Ohio to celebrate the holidays with family (yea for family, ugh for Ohio weather), but will be back in Florida before New Year's Eve. Not quite SeaDream, but it shall have to do.

Bon Voyage!

zqvol and FT, golfing, tennis, and general retirement frivolities here in SW Florida have kept me absent from CC, but remembering that your holiday trip was coming up, I checked in just to wish you a bon voyage!

I am reminded of our fabulous SD trip last December, and am very, very jealous. Have a wonderful time. I shall check in (as you know, I stalk you both), and am looking forward to delicious details and pictures of your adventures.

As you head south we will be returning to Ohio to celebrate the holidays with family (yea for family, ugh for Ohio weather), but will be back in Florida before New Year's Eve. Not quite SeaDream, but it shall have to do.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks, we fly out Thursday!

Its actually starting to feel like vacation time. Starting putting clothes together last night to avoid the overpacking I seem to do, especially since we'll be sharing a closet and bathroom this time (no last week, lost cost upgrade to a Commodore Suite this time . . . darn the popularity of SD at Christmas:rolleyes:)

And, knock on wood, looks like weather gods will be in our favor this trip . . . hope it holds through Thursday when we leave for St. Thomas. May have to do some pre -board shopping as I can't find the "good sunglasses" I only use when on the ocean - last time was in Alaska - and I think they are still there!

FT

FT & ZQVOL.

We are heading out to Arizona for the holidays early tomorrow so wanted to be sure and wish Yall a Bon Voyage today. I know you will keep us stayathomes in the loop. We look forward to hearing about your great times on SeaDream:D

Archived