Cruising from Israel

salsanut

Going to Israel in Sep 2011, we looking to book a cruise from Hifa port 3-5 days and back to Hifa.

Anyone know what cruise line is operating a cruise from there.

Will be a great help. I want to book it from home not while we there.

I am not aware of a cruise that would fit those parameters - at least not on any of the major cruise lines. Perhaps there are some small cruise ships that do not typically cater to U.S. that have such a cruise, but I am not even sure that exists. There may be some ferries from Haifa to other nearby countries. There are plenty of cruises that call upon Haifa (but do not start or end at Haifa and are longer than 3-5 night cruises).

I researched this last year before my trip to Israel, as I was looking into the possibility of extending my stay beyond the tour I took. I do remember finding one small cruise line that did cruise from Haifa, but for the life of me I can't find remember the name.

Here is a link to a post from someone who lives in Israel and posted about the type of cruise you are interested in on the Africa and Middle East ports of call boards here on CC. I believe she had just taken a similar cruise. Perhaps it will give you some further insight, although she doesn't give the names of the companies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22435598&postcount=198

Archived