wine packages

echogirl

You can share the bottles for one price - they are full size bottles, however, after taking into consideration that my husband and I like to drink specialty coffees, Pelligrino water, fresh juices, a martini once in a while, a little diet coke and specialty teas plus we wanted to have bottled water to take with us onshore, we wound up getting the Premium beverage package that was all-inclusive and that way our sommelier at dinner could pair our wine to our courses and we could have Pelligrino with dinner every night like we like! It worked out great and we wound up saving money even though we bought 2 bottles of high end wine in Murano. It was great just showing the card and getting whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted!

DH and I are going on a 2 week cruise on the Summit and preordered a 7 bottle package. I usually like one glass with dinner and he'll have around 2. After we have finished dinner they take the leftover wine and label it for us, and then we start with that bottle the next night. If we run out before the end of the cruise, on the last night he'll just order by the glass and I usually get a mixed drink.

DW and I share wine every night off the packages. We normally try to get two meals out of one bottle (this takes real disipline) and will often have both a red and a white open and being stored by the dining room. It actually makes a lot of sense to buy the packages (assuming you are content with the selection) rather then buying wine by the glass. The wine steward will cheerfully store a partially used bottle until you call for it at a future meal.

We are aware that these packages are not available on Solstice Class ships and have really wondered why X has that policy!!!!!

Hank

Archived