Which hotel do you recommend near Port Canaveral?

6 of us

stayed at the Radisson last year it was okay, but the shuttle part with Radisson was run so hectic and the elevator had probs in the morn and we were way in the back.

we took beachline transportation to the hotel, which after a few miscommunications was okay too.

this year we are staying at the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach and using their Fly-Snooze and Cruise one-way pkg--transportation is thru travelynx which gets a good recommend on here.

no shuttle from the airport to Port Canaveral.......

only the shuttle from the Radisson to the Port to board the ship.....

Actually this is incorrect. I was looking at the Radisson's website and found this....http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa

Anyone have any recent stay at the La Quinta?

Love all the info & I appreciate the help.

Which one?

Right now I'm at the 1275 N Atlantic location.

It's ok for an overnight for the price I paid (arrived late in the evening and needed a place to sleep only).

The front desk clerk very nice and made me feel welcome.

Major disadvantage of arriving late is parking a distance near the hotel room and I was in the back section:(

The room and bathroom is clean. Basic budget hotel.

I took pictures, but can't post until I return home.

I hope this helps

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites on the beach--got it for $65 through Hotwire. All the rooms were recently updated. Hot breakfast included in the price. No shuttle provided to the port, but they said they could arrange one for $20 for up to 4 people. It was cheaper to park at Park N Cruise.

5853022562_a6234bdfc0.jpg

Is it really 45 min from the airport to the cruise port? We have an early flight back and can't decide to stay close to the cruise port or the airport. Any suggestion would be great. Also about how much would a taxi be from the airport area to the cruise port? Thanks

Is it really 45 min from the airport to the cruise port? We have an early flight back and can't decide to stay close to the cruise port or the airport. Any suggestion would be great. Also about how much would a taxi be from the airport area to the cruise port? Thanks

Yes it is about a 45 minute drive from the Orlando airport to the Port Canaveral area. It is an easy straight shot down SR 528. I would suggest arriving a day early, rent a car (one way rental) do the same on your return, drive to the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area and stay the night there. Don't take a taxi, the taxi fare will probably be about $90-$100 one way. If you do a one way car rental it could cost you anywhere from $40 and up depending on the class of car you rent ( I have seen the cheapest to be $21 each way in the lowest car class). I hope your return flight is not before 9 or 10am, you might have a difficult time making that early a flight especially if the ship is late getting in or delayed by Customs clearance. You will get 100 different answers about if you can make an early flight, so just use some common sense in regard to that. Have a great cruise.

Archived