Is lactose-free milk available?

SevenSeas70

We are sailing on the Constellation in October and want to make sure that lactose-free milk is available, preferably non-fat. Do we have to request it before sailing? Is it available in all the dining venues?

Yes, you do have to request it & not sure you will get it, a couple that went with us last year finally went out & bought her own back on board. They are again doing the TA on the Constellation so I hope you can work that out before they cruise. She usually just wanted it in the Cafe for cappucino's

We are sailing on the Constellation in October and want to make sure that lactose-free milk is available, preferably non-fat. Do we have to request it before sailing? Is it available in all the dining venues?

Non fat soy was available on my cruise on the Eclipse.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I called the Captains Club desk this morning and was told that my request for the lactose-free milk will be noted on our cruise reservation. I was advised to mention this to the maitre d' on the first day to make sure that we will get the milk at our table.

I'll post information after the cruise about how this worked out.

I've always been able to get 2% lactose free milk. The waiter in the buffet went down somewhere and got it for me. Now I had a dollar in my hand that was visible when I asked if he could get it for me. I tipped him the dollar and every morning after that he had some waiting for me when we went to the buffet. I understand they have it onboard but that it is a pain to get from where ever it is downstairs. I ask to see the carton because one time the asst. waiter did not understand what I wanted so the right thing was not in the glass. With my system I don't need any mistakes!

slightly off topic but related - There is a different kind of lactase pill available in drugstores in the US. You take 2 pills a day for a week or 2 & then after that 1 a day & you can eat milk products to your hearts content. It is called Dietary Advantage - Lactose Intolerant. The company makes pills for other dietary issues - make sure you get the green box. I found it by accident one time & it chanlife!!! I have found ged my it at Walgreens & CVS

Following several helpful suggestions I spoke with an Access Coordinator (perhaps previously called Special Services) who had already received my request from the Captains Club. She verified that all Celebrity ships carry lactose-free milk. Both these calls were handled pleasantly and professionally, and I couldn't be more pleased with Celebrity's staff.

Archived