What settings do you use most on your Canon D10?

RQINFL

I've been playing with my camera lately and usually just use it on auto. What settings/features do you find you ~

~Use the most

~Enjoy the most for unique shots

~Find gives you the best picture quality in dark enviornments. I usually end up getting too much flash/distorted background images if that makes sense.

Any other tips/advice are greatly appreciated!

I've been playing with my camera lately and usually just use it on auto. What settings/features do you find you ~

~Use the most

~Enjoy the most for unique shots

~Find gives you the best picture quality in dark enviornments. I usually end up getting too much flash/distorted background images if that makes sense.

Any other tips/advice are greatly appreciated!

For doing any underwater shooting, I definitely change the settings to the underwater setting. Works really well. However, never use this setting above waters as you get a reddish outline on stuff. I don't use it much to take other pictures on a regular basis, but if you are looking at a dark environment, you might want to try the night snap shot. The pre-programmed scene settings do a decent job without having to think to much.

Tim

I use the programmed settings(SCN) most and set it to whatever the situation happens to be...indoor, sunset, underwater, foliage are the most used. Then I also use the long exposure or fireworks settings...well, for fireworks of course. :D

Then I use macro a lot as well. It's great for up close shots on an item or for taking a picture of documentation or wording.

I have been using video A LOT lately as well and making them into a "movie" on the computer by stitching them together. :)

I use most of the settings on the camera. The one I've been wanting to try is the setting where you keep one color and the rest of the picture is B&W. I was afraid I would take the picture and not get it back to taking regular color pictures.:o

Just a flip of the settings and it will go back. I've tried this one before. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I usually end up getting too much flash/distorted background images if that makes sense.

The D10 has a great image stabilizer in it... so you can shoot without flash in mostly low light and still get decent shots. Force the flash setting to NO FLASH and you'd be surprised on how good the shots can look.

The D10 has a great image stabilizer in it... so you can shoot without flash in mostly low light and still get decent shots. Force the flash setting to NO FLASH and you'd be surprised on how good the shots can look.

I'm constantly forcing mine on no flash. I just wish that when you set it to that and turn the camera off, when you turn it back on I wish it would remember you want no flash because it always comes back on with the flash and I have to reset it. :(

Archived