How do I ask for a reduction?

ottmar

I booked the Star in December and paid $459 for an obstructed view cabin with an online travel agent because they offered free travel insurance.

I am still three weeks away from final payment.

Now another online travel agent with whom I booked before is offering this cabin at $409 and $50 OBC.

How do I get the reduced price on this cabin, do I cancel and rebook? I already filled out my required boarding papers.

...Ott

I booked the Star in December and paid $459 for an obstructed view cabin with an online travel agent because they offered free travel insurance.

Now another online travel agent with whom I booked before is offering this cabin at $409 and $50 OBC.

How do I get the reduced price on this cabin, do I cancel and rebook? I already filled out my required boarding papers.

...Ott

The only one who can give you the answer is your travel agent - we have no idea what their cancellation policies are.

...Ott

I don't see much difference. Is not the insurance worth more than the OBC and $40 ??

...Ott

Making any changes will depend upon your TA, I know one that offers free insurance that charges either $35 per person or $50 per person for any change in the reservation..........including cancellation.

I would call your current TA and see if they can do anything better with the price for you, and find out if they have any fees for cancelling or changing a reservation.

Good luck!

...Ott

As others have said this would be up to your TA, NCL won't have anything to do with it. Of course the caution is having the second TA rescind the offer after you've cancelled your reservation with the first TA. Personally I wouldn't mess with it.

Archived