Miami Hotel Close to Port and Beach Access

posingcarrot

The beach is actually at the city of Miami Beach, not downtown Miami near POM. :cool: Taxi from the MIA airport to downtown will run about $25 and another $10-12 to get to POM the next day. If you choose to stay in South Beach a taxi from MIA will run about $32 and another $15+ to get to POM the next morning.

You can stay near the port and taxi to South Beach for about $15 each way; downtown hotels to consider include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Marriott and Holiday Inn.

I'm sure others on this board will be able to suggest South Beach hotels that might work for you. Good luck! :)

I would like to have some names of hotels in South Beach that are close to the port and doesn't have to be on the beach. I see the hotels are pretty expensive, so just for one night it doesn't have to be the absolute best. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

I stayed at Surfcomber, South Beach, last April, for one day after my cruise. Took a taxi from POM and then from the hotel to MIA I took the Airport flyer, $2.35. The bus stop to the airport is almost in front of the hotel. I had only one small luggage and my husband also. Old hotel but it was clean. Small elevator, small bathroom, very basic room. I think the hotel is only 3 or 4 story high.You can access the beach through their swimming pool area at the back, there was a gate with a combination lock. The beach is gorgeous, white sand. You have to pay if you want to sit on a lounger and get an umbrella on the beach. I don't know how much because I sat on the sand. It was within walking distance to the Lincoln Pedestrian mall that has a lot of restaurants and shops. Other hotels near this one are the Richmond, Marseilles, South Seas. I don't know how they are, maybe others had experience staying at these other hotels. This area is where the National, Sagamore, Delano are but they are very expensive. I hope this help.

I would like to have some names of hotels in South Beach that are close to the port and doesn't have to be on the beach. I see the hotels are pretty expensive, so just for one night it doesn't have to be the absolute best. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

If you are going in winter, yes rates there will be higher. What is your budget? And you aren't close to the port. But if you want to see or walk beach, you do have to head over to Miami Beach/ South Beach. Downtown Miami will put you at water, very close to the port, but not beach. You might want to look at the top 15 South beach/Miami beach hotels on tripadvisor.com too. They aren't all luxury hotels as they are ranked by their reviews. And might be at the top for their value. Good luck.

Archived