What's changed on Princess since 2009?

Aquarian

We haven't cruised in a while and was wondering if you all could give us a head's up on what has changed since March 2009 on Princess? The first thing I learned was that we will have to print our own luggage labels. I'm guessing there are no cruise documents or am I wrong about that? We're Platinum and I was wondering about free internet usage onboard and how to sign up for that? Is that done the first day onboard or? I also read that the Horizon Court won't be open after late shows. What will be available after the late shows snackwise? Thanks in advance for any help you can give to get us up to date.

We haven't cruised in a while and was wondering if you all could give us a head's up on what has changed since March 2009 on Princess? The first thing I learned was that we will have to print our own luggage labels. I'm guessing there are no cruise documents or am I wrong about that? We're Platinum and I was wondering about free internet usage onboard and how to sign up for that? Is that done the first day onboard or? I also read that the Horizon Court won't be open after late shows. What will be available after the late shows snackwise? Thanks in advance for any help you can give to get us up to date.

Yes, you do not get cruise documents in the mail anymore with luggage tags. Everything is online. As for your internet access, when you first log in (on either their computers or your own), pick the package that is free to you and you won't be charged. It doesn't matter when you do this...

Chili at midnight? Ouch, I was thinking about something sweet, but thanks for the reply.

the 'dinner' menu's are available in Horizon until approx 10.30/11pm....its then replaced by late night snacks including enough cakes to satisfy the sweetest tooth...ie, mine

Soft serve ice cream at Scoops is free. The afternoon free hand scoop ice cream in the Horizon Court is gone. Horizon Court shuts down at 11:30 and is cleaned out by midnight. No late night snacks (at least on the Grand last month).

On the Grand platinum, elite and suite members received an invitation for hors d'oeurves and a reduced price drink of the day ($3.99 instead of $6.99) from 5-7 pm each day in Club One5.

Scholarship at Sea program appears to have been expanded with more free lectures. On the Grand Martyn Green gave 45 minute lectures on each stop (what to see and how to get around and not the Caribbean shopping talk). The ship's tours were mentioned at the end of the talk but were not the focus of the talk. There was also an astronomer who gave lectures and had a telescope set up at night.

"On the Grand platinum, elite and suite members received an invitation for hors d'oeurves and a reduced price drink of the day ($3.99 instead of $6.99) from 5-7 pm each day in Club One5."

Thank you for all your replies. Regarding the above, any idea where that would be held on the Ruby Princess?

"On the Grand platinum, elite and suite members received an invitation for hors d'oeurves and a reduced price drink of the day ($3.99 instead of $6.99) from 5-7 pm each day in Club One5."

Thank you for all your replies. Regarding the above, any idea where that would be held on the Ruby Princess?

I think there is a card in your cabin telling you what the snacks are & drinks of the day for the entire cruise. If it's not on your desk I would ask your steward. On our last cruise it was on deck 16 & was not well attended for some reason, but we loved it.

Jan

Archived