Mini suite tub spigot with hand held shower attachment

wallypbear

I'm not clear on what you're asking. The mini suites we've been in had a hand held shower.

Which ship have you been on? We always book a mini AB category on dolphen deck and the shower head has been stationary fastened to the wall obove the bathtub. I also would like to have the option of a hand held shower head,but sofar no mini cabin has it yet:confused:

Anyone can request a hand held shower head for any category cabin. The only problem is that there is no bracket to hold it up if you want to use it hands free. :( When not in use it just lays at the bottom of the shower. I had to keep putting it down when trying to wash my hair. It was way more trouble than it was worth.

Anyone can request a hand held shower head for any category cabin. The only problem is that there is no bracket to hold it up if you want to use it hands free. :( When not in use it just lays at the bottom of the shower. I had to keep putting it down when trying to wash my hair. It was way more trouble than it was worth.

Thank you. I will call Princess and request it. I have seen a suction cup device/bracket that will hold the hand held shower head. It's available online and at local home improvement stores. Just stick it to the tile.

My wife says I'm old and senile - at least I think she's my wife.... But anyway she says I'm wrong about the showers. Sorry.

That's so funny:D. My Partner and I are the same way....Don't be sorry. We had a formerly designated handicapped mini suite on the Caribbean Princess D733 that had a hand held shower.

The mini-suites that are HC access will have a hand held shower.

Happy cruising!

I requested a HC when I made reservations. However was told they are held for guests that can provide a medical document from a doctor and possibly available just before sailing. We have the last mini with extended balcony on Dolphin which I won't give up.

I requested a HC when I made reservations. However was told they are held for guests that can provide a medical document from a doctor and possibly available just before sailing. We have the last mini with extended balcony on Dolphin which I won't give up.

Did you really request an HC cabin just for the hand-held showerhead?

I requested a HC when I made reservations. However was told they are held for guests that can provide a medical document from a doctor and possibly available just before sailing.
That makes perfect sense. After all, anyone could say they need a HC cabin because they want the extra room and then someone who really needs it wouldn't be able to cruise because it wouldn't be available.

That makes perfect sense. After all, anyone could say they need a HC cabin because they want the extra room and then someone who really needs it wouldn't be able to cruise because it wouldn't be available.

HC staterooms that are not sold go to guests that book guarantee's. This happened to us on the Caribbean Princess AE to AC-HC. Our table mates also had the same thing happen to them. BE to BB- HC.

• 5 months later...
Has anyone ever tried using a removable hand held shower attachment on the tub spigot. Did it work? Which kind did you use. I don't care for stationary shower heads. Thank you

We requested a hand held shower head on an inside cabin on Grand Princess in Feb. 2012. Contacted the Princess Access Office [accessoffice@princesscruises.com] prior to sailing and one was installed for us. It did not have a holder when we arrived. We insisted on a holder. They improvised one for us with a piece of wood, a piece of PVC, and thick double faced tape. It worked out perfectly. I took a picture of it because I never want to sail again without it.

DSCN3011.jpg

All other lines have hand held shower heads. I do not understand why Princess does not. I would like to see them added. The showers are so small. Princess would save SO MUCH WATER. People could rinse more efficiently.

Thank you. I will call Princess and request it. I have seen a suction cup device/bracket that will hold the hand held shower head. It's available online and at local home improvement stores. Just stick it to the tile.

We were told by the Princess Access Office that you are not allowed to bring your own fixtures. Instead you should send specific requests to the Access Office. They told us they would accommodate and they did. We were pleased.

• 5 months later...
We requested a hand held shower head on an inside cabin on Grand Princess in Feb. 2012. Contacted the Princess Access Office [accessoffice@princesscruises.com] prior to sailing and one was installed for us. It did not have a holder when we arrived. We insisted on a holder. They improvised one for us with a piece of wood, a piece of PVC, and thick double faced tape. It worked out perfectly. I took a picture of it because I never want to sail again without it.

DSCN3011.jpg

All other lines have hand held shower heads. I do not understand why Princess does not. I would like to see them added. The showers are so small. Princess would save SO MUCH WATER. People could rinse more efficiently.

I too am used to a hand held shower head. One is able to wash more effectively, plus I find it difficult to thoroughly rinse soap from...ahem...certain bodily areas without one.

Did you have to provide a reason to Princess as to why you needed a hand held shower head?

Archived