Leaving dinner early

Dgoodname

Is it rude to leave the MDR after everyone is finished the main course, and skip dessert? I am a solo traveller and have asked for late seating at a large table. The reason I ask, is I will be wearing Invisalign braces during my upcoming cruise. These are the clear trays that you remove to eat. I have to wear them 22 hours a day. I know the dinner usually pushes 2 hours, so I'm trying to cut out a little of that time. I realize I could just do buffet and other dining choices, but would like to do the MDR at least a few times.

Just tell your server the first night that you will be leaving each night after dinner and that you won't be staying for dessert. The wait staff will not care. If you don't tell them that you are planning to leave early, they seriously may be concerned that you did not like the dinner. You may also mention your early departure to your table mates. However, you are under no obligation to explain. They will appreciate knowing that it has nothing to do with their company. :) Enjoy your cruise!!

We had very rough seas the first few days on the Legend in December. On the 2nd (or was it the 3rd?) night, I began feeling kinda sick after our meal. We excused ourselves and left before dessert...as I thought I might puke. Our fellow diners understood completely. :)

Is it rude to leave the MDR after everyone is finished the main course, and skip dessert? I am a solo traveller and have asked for late seating at a large table. The reason I ask, is I will be wearing Invisalign braces during my upcoming cruise. These are the clear trays that you remove to eat. I have to wear them 22 hours a day. I know the dinner usually pushes 2 hours, so I'm trying to cut out a little of that time. I realize I could just do buffet and other dining choices, but would like to do the MDR at least a few times.

FYI, Carnival doesnt allow you to request table sizes.. so you can ask all you want, but unless the maitre d' reads bookings notes, you are whistling into the wind.

I too prefer large tables, but dont always get them and Im VIP/Platinum. No way to request them, its luck of the draw. Any booking agent who doesnt tell you that, is just telling you what you want to hear.

Archived