Change of pace - Friday/Saturday cruise on NCL Pearl 10/14/11

Tom-n-Cheryl

I know this is the Carnival board, but since I spend a fair % of my posting time here, I just wanted to pass along a link for a two night cruise (particularly for anyone within driving distance from Miami) on the NCL Pearl for next month. If you have had the slightest inkling of trying NCL, this might be a good way to spend two weekend nights! We'll be going - though after two nights, I think I'll be envious of those people on our roll call taking the 7 night sailing after this one!

This two day is available following a Panama Canal transit (repositioning) in order to get the ship back on a 7-night schedule for the fall/winter.

10/14/11 NCL PEARL

I understand that the standard rooms are slightly smaller than on Carnival - but with several specialty restaurants, bowling lanes, and 24 hour wings (Blue Lagoon) - you may not be spending much time in there anyway!

Just a thought (and it's not like you would be "cheating" on Carnival)! ;)

Tom

If the cruise was out of Port Canaveral or Tampa we might join you but I don't think we'll drive to Miami for this.

Hope to meet you and Cheryl on a cruise one day.

That would be a long haul for you - especially for a two day cruise!

Hope to meet you one day as well! (Consider the EPIC after turkey day)!!! :D

Tom

Well Tom, once again you've hacked me off with your constant accessibility to a lot of cruises... I'm jealous! I keep waiting for California to fall in the ocean so that I'll only be a two hour drive from the West coast cruise ships! ;)

The grass is always greener - huh? I was just flipping through my September issue of the Las Vegas Advisor and seeing all the concerts and such there... and was thinking about how lucky people were being a few hours (DRIVE) from there!

I might have to make a quick trip out that way in October!!

Tom

The grass is always greener - huh? I was just flipping through my September issue of the Las Vegas Advisor and seeing all the concerts and such there... and was thinking about how lucky people were being a few hours (DRIVE) from there!

I might have to make a quick trip out that way in October!!

Tom

OK, I guess you got me on the proximity to Vegas (4-5 hour drive, 1 hour flight from Phoenix) but I would still trade that for an hour or less drive to the South Florida cruise ports. Except for the humidity..... ;)

Tom - even though my location is listed as Portage, IN we spend all of our time in Florida. We are currently about an hour and a half from Port Canaveral in the Kissimmee area so we may run into you yet.

That makes it much more likely - especially since I have not been to Indiana much (following my birth and early years)!

Tom

Archived