Oasis Class - much movement?

dablondee525

Hi!

I'll be cruising on the Oasis the first week of December on the Eastern Itinerary. I was just curious if anyone else has been on this cruise and if they felt any movement while on board? I have only been on one other cruise and didn't feel much movement other then one time on our way to Cozumel.

We were on Oasis last November and it was very smooth other than one day where we could definitely feel movement. But we are not sensitive to it, nor do we get seasick. The more movement the better at night...DH snores less and I sleep better.

Hi!

I'll be cruising on the Oasis the first week of December on the Eastern Itinerary. I was just curious if anyone else has been on this cruise and if they felt any movement while on board? I have only been on one other cruise and didn't feel much movement other then one time on our way to Cozumel.

weather dictates the amount of movement and no one here can tell you what it's going to be when you cruise

As they say...

"It's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean..."

Feeling the ship "move" is subjective. Some cruisers get seasick during calm weather, while others can ride out huge swells and enjoy every moment.

A larger ship may offer more distractions that focus your attention away from movement.

Most cruisers notice a difference in movement between larger ships (Oasis) and smaller ships (Majesty), but the truth is the ocean dictates how much the ship will pitch and roll.

Hi!

I always have to smile when this question is posed :) The ship is big, but the ocean is bigger than any ship; Mother Nature rules on this one.

While the stabilizers can certainly help, sensation of movement primarily depends on your own equilibrium. I have cruised where most feel nothing, yet *I* am hanging over the rail.

Be prepared with whatever works for you, if you tend towards motion sickness, which I seriously am. This never stops me from cruising, though :)

Teddie

As they say...

"It's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean..."

Feeling the ship "move" is subjective. Some cruisers get seasick during calm weather, while others can ride out huge swells and enjoy every moment.

A larger ship may offer more distractions that focus your attention away from movement.

Most cruisers notice a difference in movement between larger ships (Oasis) and smaller ships (Majesty), but the truth is the ocean dictates how much the ship will pitch and roll.

Very well-said.

I just might add that if you truly have a motion-sickness problem, no amount of distraction may help.

People have said to me that it's "all in your head". Well, it is--it's in my middle ear where the body senses these things! You are so correct that it varies from person to person.

Teddie

I definitely felt movement on Oasis last Thanksgiving and actually had to break out the Bonine. We had hit some pretty big waves and I must have just been more sensitive than others since most seemed to not be affected. I really only felt it between Nassau and St. Thomas, then I was fine. I think it just truly depends on what the sea is doing.

Archived