Free Ice Cream and Free Sushi

DragonMouse

I know it's muddled in here somewhere...I just can't find it. I know the Oasis has an Ice Cream Palor that's "ala carte"...and an Asian Themed resturant that has a "cover charge"...but do they also have the "FREE ice cream and sushi" somewhere?

I haven't been on RCI but on "Carnival" they have ice cream machines in the main buffet hall and around the pools where you can get soft serve cones 24 hours a day and they have a "sushi" bar where you can get complimentary sushi around noon-to about 9 or so.

My husband's an ice cream junkie.

Also what are the 24 hour food sources other than room service?

Oasis has soft serv frozen yogurt on the pool deck that is available from around 10 AM to around 8 PM. Ice cream is also available at dinner in the MDR as well as dinner time in the Windjammer.

Shushi is also available in the Windjammer during dinner time.

That Cafe Promenade is available for food approx. 22-23 hrs. a day. It closes for 1-2 hours early in the morning for cleaning. Room service is also 24 hrs. a day. RCI does have a charge for room service between the hrs. of midnight (I think) and 5 AM.

Sorrento's, on the Royal Promenade, has pizza form around 10-11 AM until 3 AM or so when it closes down for cleaning. There is no 24 hr burger station. After the Windjammer shuts down for the night, arround 9 PM, the only place to get a burger is from room service.

Separating the main pools on deck 15 into fore & aft pairs are two tower like structures with a roof. The band typically sets up between these towers. You will find the ice cream machines built into the side of one of these towers. Now I always get turned around but if memory serves two machines can be found on the aft side of the starboard tower - just look for the lineup. Don't know about Oasis but on Allure there was vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. The machines were not available 24x7.

When I was on Allure in January sushi was served in the Windjammer every day, I believe between 5 & 6 pm - little fuzzy on the hours.

My recollection is that on deck 5 the Cafe Promenade is always open. Coffee, tea, etc.; doghnuts, cookies and small sandwiches.

Wipe out cafe on deck 15 has a wonderful nacho bar at lunch. It's really designed for kids, but they will let adults in most of the time :).

Bummer...no midnight ice cream...I guess I'll just have to get my fill early. Really they shut the ice cream machines down at 8:00? :eek:

The pizza bar seems to be open late enough. I'll probably be exhausted after the latest comedy show.

(Yes I tend to be a night owl...I love proweling the ship when most are sleeping)

Bummer...no midnight ice cream...I guess I'll just have to get my fill early. Really they shut the ice cream machines down at 8:00? :eek:

Yeah, another bummer for us! DH and I are taking our 1st RCCL cruise next month and the lists of negative differences between them & Carnival are starting to stack up.

Yeah, another bummer for us! DH and I are taking our 1st RCCL cruise next month and the lists of negative differences between them & Carnival are starting to stack up.

I'm just starting to get worried too. On the positive note...there's a number of people that say there's a LOT of positives about RCI and find negatives about Carnival. But I've only known Carnival. I might have jumped into the "deep end" with the Oasis..I suppose we'll see in a couple of months. :eek: Alas any day away from work is a good one. :D

I guess I'll figure out something to take place of my midnight ice cream cone.:(

I'm just starting to get worried too. On the positive note...there's a number of people that say there's a LOT of positives about RCI and find negatives about Carnival. But I've only known Carnival. I might have jumped into the "deep end" with the Oasis..I suppose we'll see in a couple of months. :eek: Alas any day away from work is a good one. :D

I guess I'll figure out something to take place of my midnight ice cream cone.:(

My advice is to not compare Carnival with Royal Caribbean. They do things differently so treat each as a unique experience. After you are done then you can consider the voyage and decide if you'd like to do it again, switch back to Carnival or do both.

Oasis and Allure are unique experiences so be careful generalizing your Oasis experience to the rest of the Royal Caribbean fleet.

The pizza bar seems to be open late enough. I'll probably be exhausted after the latest comedy show.

(Yes I tend to be a night owl...I love proweling the ship when most are sleeping)

I love the ship late at night and early in the morning. There are 51 other weeks in the year when I am not on a cruise to sleep.:p

Archived