Price drop

lukes

I have seen this question before but can't put my finger on it right now. So I will ask the question again. How have you made out when there is a price drop on your cruise? note this is after final payment date. Did you get an on-board credit for the full difference? Partial difference? Upgrade? ? ? ?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think the chance of receiving anything back would be slim to none.

Think of it this way. In the last week or so before sail, NCL will offer upsales to their existing cabin dwellers. They do this to free up the lower priced cabins that are #1 easier to move, #2 they don't lose as much when they offer last minute deals. Because a ship that sails full is a lot more profitable in many ways (ie. onboard sales), they will offer can't refuse sales to fill the rest of their cabins.

Keeping that in mind if they allowed everyone to renegotiate after final payment, then everyone would want these rock bottom prices the week or two before sail. When in fact they are only do it to fill the ship. It appears that the more cabins unsold closer to the cruise date the more the price drops after final payment, to move them.

I have seen this question before but can't put my finger on it right now. So I will ask the question again. How have you made out when there is a price drop on your cruise? note this is after final payment date. Did you get an on-board credit for the full difference? Partial difference? Upgrade? ? ? ?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rarely can you get a OBC but this has been known to happen and not necessarily for the full difference even if you got one at all. Most likely you would be offered an upgrade if one was available.

Nita

You may be able to get an upgrade equivalent to the price you paid if anything is available at that price or less. Talk to your TA who can sort it out.

That bedbug crawling on your screen, did you bring it home from a cruise or a hotel?

LOL, I really do love it, it always makes me smile.

Nita

That bedbug crawling on your screen, did you bring it home from a cruise or a hotel?

LOL, I really do love it, it always makes me smile.

Nita

It came from the new North Korean cruise I was on recently :)

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/2011/09/01/worlds-worst-cruise-sets-sail/?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

My cat always seems to see that bug crawling on the thread and attacks my laptop! As far as prices, we price watch and we have always seen the prices increase as the time gets closer to the sail date. Then again, we always seem to cruise on the really popular sailings.

I don't know why pax automatically think they are entitled to an adjustment after final payment.

Maybe they need to wait and book at the last minute and get to pick from the dredges of cabins that are left. And then what they saved on their last minute cabin they will spend on an increased flight cost.

Oh and when was the last time anyone got a price adjustment on an airline flight.

Oh and when was the last time anyone got a price adjustment on an airline flight.

Not exactly an adjustment but on Monday I put a hold on our flight for our January cruise. On Tuesday I went to put my payment through and got the scary "WARNING! FLIGHT PRICES HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT" so I think aw crap how much more? It turns out our flight dropped in price by $124! I was happy as was hubby so no complaints there!

Archived