San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Just got in this morning...

Had a great time meeting you guys last nite!

We should do this again - maybe on Crystal!

;)

Thanks for the report! Those of us unable to attend yesterday are patiently (ya, right) waiting for all the sordid details.........

Did Martuni's look like a blazer convention?

Thanks for the report! Those of us unable to attend yesterday are patiently (ya, right) waiting for all the sordid details.........

Did Martuni's look like a blazer convention?

I'd say it was a smashing success, Beav. Sorry you couldn't make it. Attending the inaugural SF Cruisers Westside get together: Blazerboy, aerobear, bepsf, JohnM, Concord Cruiser(Ralph), Tedson, and assorted (sordid?) partners and friends. We got there a bit late (note to self: next time skip the F line and take a cab!), so if I've left anyone out, maybe some of the others can fill in the blanks.

Martuni's hasn't seen that many blazers since the last time Jake and Elwood were in town. ;) Nice meeting you all!

Ok, I'll report. Bob and I enjoyed meeting BEPSF, Blazerboy, Tedson, and Aerobear--who started all this. Great group, great meeting, very pleasant conversation--great to meet everyone who attended. There were about 9 or 10 people. I hope that I have not left anyone out. I think a great time was had by all. Of course, we very much missed BEAV--one couple mentioned having cruised with DESTCRZ some many years ago and enjoyed their company. I assured them, that after we met DESTCRZ on Harmony, I believe, that they are as wild as the couple may have remembered them.

It was great meeting all of you at Martuni's on Saturday evening. Just wish it had been onboard a ship :-)

We are off on the 19th of August on HAL Rotterdam through the Baltic. We will keep in touch.

Ed/ Jeff

:)

We do a cruise or two each year and would welcome a chance to meet other SF/Bay Area couples or singles who do, too. Let's plan something...

Hi JosueSF...welcome to the group. :)

Seems you guys had fun!

I was planning to go to the meeting with my partner but unfortunately had to cover for somebody at work who got sick! Definitely will be looking for the postings for the next meeting!

Andres

We should do this again - maybe on Crystal!

Brian, be careful what you post- some might take that a little differently!:eek: ;)

Great to meet everyone there on Saturday- sorry I had to dash off to meet Ed for dinner (Aqua was WONDERFUL!) It would be lovely to do it again.

Andrew

Brian, be careful what you post- some might take that a little differently!:eek: ;) Andrew

Dont worry Andrew - I checked - Crystal doesn't mind...

;)

BTW - I'm thinking of cancelling the RSVP B2B and booking the Noordam inaugural out of NYC - anyone wanna share a suite?;)

Hey guys, just met Brian the other night, and he'd be a charming companion on a cruise-he's CUTE too (pix doesn't do him justice!) Someone should take him up on that offer!:D

Sorry, there I go playing gay yenta again! It's what us old married folk do...:o

Andrew

Hey guys, just met Brian the other night, and he'd be a charming companion on a cruise-he's CUTE too (pix doesn't do him justice!) Someone should take him up on that offer!:D

Sorry, there I go playing gay yenta again! It's what us old married folk do...:o

Andrew

You bet, us old hags are on a mission to find huzbans for our single friends.

And just for the record, BEPSF-Brian is NOT to be confused with BEAV-Brian.

BEPSF-Brian is the cutie & single.

BEAV-Brian is the, well, happily married and "making the best of his late 40's by purchasing a box of "henna rinse" FAITHFULLY every 3 weeks" !!!

And as for you, Blazerboy, DEAR. If I hear of huzban Ed missing ONE more event, he's going to have to bring a note from Hubble excusing himself !!!

Carry on, boys......

Thanks Ted for the welcome home! :)

Unfortunately we did not even meet Les and David, or any CC people -- the Cruise Critic Party was held at 10:00 a.m. which is too early for a tired old thing like me to get up for ! We missed completely as were still sleeping... LOL

We also did not see them at the FOD parties --- we missed the first one, as we were in fabulous USS United States restaurant at the time --- the second FOD party we popped by but there was absolutely nobody around so we did not stay. There was definitely a lack of G & L family on this cruise.

There were far too many kids (300) on board for my liking...[remind me to stick to May for Alaska in the future]

Our weather was not the best most of the time, but it did clear and was totally spectacular at Hubbard Glacier, where we managed to get up real close and experienced quite a bit of calving.

Dave

Sorry I missed the meeting you guys had! Today is the first time I have been on this board. I have been too busy making trouble over on the Crystal and Radisson boards :) Hopefully there will another one sometime. I have enjoyed reading all of the previous posts and finding out who is who.

Michael

Welcome to the thread, TxnAquarian. I've enjoyed reading all your posts on the Crystal board and I believe what was a Radisson review of yours from last year at CruiseReviews.com.

Blazerboy, Gary and I both worked the 4th, doing our part to keep it a quiet holiday in THE WC! How does Hubble handle fireworks?

Hello everyone, I have a couple cruises coming up in the very near future, was looking at the Cruise Critic boards and stumbled on this SF/Bay area link. What a great idea. I see a good friend of mine BEAV is on here too! Hi Brian.

I live in the city with my partner and love to cruise. Checking out the Pride of America tomorrow out of Pier 35 and then the Enchantment of the Seas out of Boston on 9/11.

Take care everyone.

CruiseOne2003 (aka David)

Enchantment of the Seas 9/2005

NCL Pride of America 7/2005

Crystal Harmony 5/2005

Dawn Princess 5/2005

Oosterdam 4/2005

NCL Spirit 9/2004

Sapphire Princess 9/2004

Pride of ALoha 6/2004

Sun Princess 5/2004

Monarch of the Seas 17Nov/2003

Summit 26Sep/2003

SS Jeremiah O'Brien 8/2003 (10 hours to Sac from the city, this was a cruise!)

Monarch of the Seas 6/2003

Coral Princess 5/2003

Mercury 4/2003

Majesty of the Seas 2/2003

Radiance of the Seas 10/2002

Grandeur of the Seas 9/2002

Radiance of the Seas 10/2001

Viking Serenade 2/2001

NCL Seaward 10/1993

BEAV, thanks for noticing my Radisson review on Cruisereview.com. I got a lot of nasty emails from Radisson fans after that because of my less-than-glowing comments. That'll teach me to put my email address up on those sites. People are so touchy! Radisson is okay, but it's no Crystal! I can't wait for my cruise on the Harmony this Fall - my first Crystal cruise in 4 years!

I'm glad to hear that someone else worked on July 4th. As I work for a hotel as the evening manager, I don't ever get weekends or holidays or evenings free. All of my friends want me to get a "normal job", but I like what I do. There are worse things than having no social life :)

Michael