How long does it take to tender in Cabo?

breenw

I am wanting to book an 11:00 am excursion in Cabo and the Carnival Spirit arrives at 10 am. We are platinum which would allow us to be off the ship with the first tender. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get from the ship to the pier??

When we were on the Spirit last January, we arrived Day # 1 at 8 a.m. and Day # 2 at 7 a.m. If the Spirit is arriving at 10 a.m. ~ make sure you are on the lido deck very early to get a 1st tender group.

Our tender ride was about 20 minutes, including time to load, unload, pictures, etc. depending on where your excursion departs, you are cutting it close, but stil doable! Like somebody else said, just make sure the excursion company is aware.... :) HAVE FUN!

I am wanting to book an 11:00 am excursion in Cabo and the Carnival Spirit arrives at 10 am. We are platinum which would allow us to be off the ship with the first tender. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get from the ship to the pier??

There are 4 tender positions here in Cabo with the time to reach the pier on a good day between 10 and 30 minutes depending on the position. Well there is actually a couple of other positions that aren´t anchor spots and those are further out. If there are swells, it could easily take longer.

10 to 15 minutes max. Remember ship time is different from Cabo time.

No that is incorrect. The Splendor is the only ship now that is staying one hour behind Cabo on each call except when Mexico changes their clocks at a different time than US. The Spirit flipflops changing their time depending on the the route...some voyages are hour behind and some they change to local. From now until April 2011, they will be in Cabo about 60% on local, 40% one hour behind.

Breenw...what date will you be coming and I can look it up for you? I can also give you an idea of tendering time given the other ships that will be here in port that day. Just let me know :)

The Splendor is the only ship now that is staying one hour behind Cabo on each call except when Mexico changes their clocks at a different time than US. The Spirit flipflops changing their time depending on the the route...some voyages are hour behind and some they change to local.

Cabo Helper~ Are you saying that the Splendor will remain on PST while in Cabo? Last year while on the Spirit 5-day Cabo/Cabo, the ship remained on PST time (1 hour behind Cabo). We got off the ship at 9:15 a.m. and when we got on land it was 10:15 a.m. :)

We will be on the Carnival Spirit Thanksgiving 9-day cruise, arriving in Cabo at 9am (according to the itinerary) on Nov. 21. Any idea on if ship time = local time for that itinerary? Thank you so much!

Bright Star I will be on your same cruise. You should come check out our roll call, lots of great people on it.

Cabo Helper~ Are you saying that the Splendor will remain on PST while in Cabo? Last year while on the Spirit 5-day Cabo/Cabo, the ship remained on PST time (1 hour behind Cabo). We got off the ship at 9:15 a.m. and when we got on land it was 10:15 a.m. :)

Splendor will stay on PST while in Cabo through 2013 and be one hour behind Cabo except when we change our clocks at a diff time than US in FAll and Spring. Then Cabo and ship time will be same.

Depending on the run (ex. 5 day versus 9 day) the Spirit will either be on PST (ship does not change clocks) or MST (ship changes to Cabo time). It is about 60% of the calls they will change, 40% stay on ship time.

We will be on the Carnival Spirit Thanksgiving 9-day cruise, arriving in Cabo at 9am (according to the itinerary) on Nov. 21. Any idea on if ship time = local time for that itinerary? Thank you so much!

Sorry for the slow reply...Hillary has caused alot of headaches over the past several days with changes in routes and weather updates!

The Spirit will be here November 21 and 22 on local time. I am guessing that is the voyage you are referring to since I think Tgiving is 24th, correct? On day 1, they will be here at 9:00 leaving at 6 and day 2 arriving back at 7:00 and leaving at 4. Of course, this is all subject to change a dozen times at least!

Hope this helps :)

Cabo Helper do you work for the Marina? You seem to have our thumb on the pulse of what is going on.

Did Hillary bring any rain?

We'll have to meet up when I return in December.

We got one grey cloud and 3 drops of rain here in Cabo yesterday afternoon. Otherwise Cabo has had clear blue virtually cloudless skies! Even the temperature has been nice...yes hot but little humidity. The closest the storm got was about 500 miles...but it messed up the travel paths for a couple of ships who had to go out of their way to miss her. Yes, I do some liason work with the cruiselines so that is how I get my info. Would enjoy meeting up with you if my schedule allows...my doctor said I needed rest and less stress...I just laughed and said maybe in May!! Have a safe voyage :)

Just got off the Splendor 3 days ago. 10-15 minutes is a good average tender time.

Ship time/local time. First, it is up to the Captain regarding changing the ship's time. Last week we changed once, Wed evening going to PV. This means the ship stayed on Pacific time while in Cabo (Mountain time). So if you have an excursion at 11AM Cabo time and the ship doesn't get there until 10AM ship time (which might be Pacific time) you will be late.

My suggestion is to find the ship's Fun Times posted and look for any time changes on the front page. And do this as close to your cruise date as possible because the Captain can change and the new might do something different.

Just got off the Splendor 3 days ago. 10-15 minutes is a good average tender time.

Ship time/local time. First, it is up to the Captain regarding changing the ship's time. Last week we changed once, Wed evening going to PV. This means the ship stayed on Pacific time while in Cabo (Mountain time). So if you have an excursion at 11AM Cabo time and the ship doesn't get there until 10AM ship time (which might be Pacific time) you will be late.

My suggestion is to find the ship's Fun Times posted and look for any time changes on the front page. And do this as close to your cruise date as possible because the Captain can change and the new might do something different.

Thanks

Tender time from pier to ship yesterday...Splendor 19 minutes, Spirit 27 minutes.

Really? Was the water particularly rough? I guess that includes getting on and off the tender, lines, etc. I've never sat on the tender boat for 27 minutes for just that part.

We just got back from the Spirit. Cabo was one hour off from the ship time. The tender was INCREDIBLY FAST! I can't imagine it being a full 20 minutes but I'm sure there are cases.

If you have a Carnival Excursion booked... you get off FIRST!! We were on the FIRST boat off!!! :~)

No rough weather, bay fairly calm... just 2 large ships in the bay with alot of traffic. Spirit was anchored at position #3 and Splendor at #2. Taking into consideration that there were 15 small tenders in use, plus the large tender and platform, jetskis, banana boats, fishing boats, water taxis, parasailing boats, kayakers and other tour boats here and there...it makes the tender ride a long one sometimes. And if the bay does get choppy, it can really take some time.

When I estimated 20 minutes in my earlier post.... you will note that this included loading, unloading, pictures, etc.

I think a lot of people just think about the time on the tender boat itself and forget that after you get off the tender you have to pass through the picture stations, etc.

No rough weather, bay fairly calm... just 2 large ships in the bay with alot of traffic. Spirit was anchored at position #3 and Splendor at #2. Taking into consideration that there were 15 small tenders in use, plus the large tender and platform, jetskis, banana boats, fishing boats, water taxis, parasailing boats, kayakers and other tour boats here and there...it makes the tender ride a long one sometimes. And if the bay does get choppy, it can really take some time.

I guess it can, I thought our tender boat was going to tip over once when on the Splendor, the water so SOOO choppy and I was in the very back corner of the boat, all wet and looking straight down into the water at times! Almost impossible for the driver to pull up to the loading platform on the ship. Scary!!!

When I estimated 20 minutes in my earlier post.... you will note that this included loading, unloading, pictures, etc.

I think a lot of people just think about the time on the tender boat itself and forget that after you get off the tender you have to pass through the picture stations, etc.

You are probably right!! I didn't think about all that.

And btw, we had VERY choppy water on the way back too!! Eeek! :)

Archived