Seattle Hotels

swokie

i think you'll find that info in a couple of threads in the 2nd STICKY up above. There aren't too many options since parking is sooo expensive in Seattle. I've read of people staying in hotels in Bellevue and other suburbs where it was easier to leave a car for the week. That's ok if you have 2 couples to share the taxi fare, but otherwise $50+ each way for a taxi eats up any savings.

We just got back and LOVED our Park and Cruise at the Hampton Inn Downtown, at 700 5th avenue North! It tied in so perfectly to what we needed. Here's why, these reasons may not apply to you:

1) We knew it would be $20/day to park at the Pier (Pier 66, for Celebrity, have no idea about the other pier). That's $200. The Hampton Inn was $239 INCLUDING 10 days of parking (the deal is for 7 days, but our cruise was 10, no extra charge...for 7 days the deal is not quite as good). And it of course includes the typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Prices are before taxes.

2) We wanted to go to the Space Needle and the Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum and it was walking distance! (maybe 3-4 blocks). It's in a more residential area with many restaurants...we walked to Laredo's Mexican, about 2 blocks north, because we knew we wouldn't be getting much Mexican food on the cruise, but Crow, another nice restaurant, had also caught our eye. They are also just a block or two from a huge supermarket...now, I had read what an upscale place this was, but in reality if you live in the Pacific Northwest it was just a Fred Meyer/Kroger under another name. It was really enormous and had a lot to offer (huge cheese section, for example), and lots of take-out food, but nothing exotic or really gourmet (which is fine). It's called QVS or QFC or something like that - you can't miss it, it almost takes up a whole block.

3) The people at the Hampton Inn couldn't have been nicer. We arrived at 10 am and they gave us a room right away (we were so lucky), but they would have been happy to hold our bags. They gave us a suite which was unrenovated (we didn't care, we were so glad to get into a room that early), but the suite was really nice, not worn at all, had a full kitchen and fireplace, and a wonderful view of the parking lot :) Really, it was perfect.

4) I had read that the parking was "tight" but we have a regular car, not an SUV or Minivan, and we had no problems at all.

5) They did offer a shuttle service (contracted with a shuttle company) for $10 per person, which we did NOT use. I did enough research to know a taxi would be much less than that, and our taxis to and from the Pier was about $7 each way (before tip), so was about half the price of their shuttle. I simply called Yellow Cab from the hotel when we were ready to go to the pier, they were there in less than 5 minutes. Took an Orange Cab back to the hotel when we got off the ship. Both were fine.

I don't know if they are going to raise their prices when their renovations are complete, but if they are offering this package again next year for a competitive rate I'd lock it in now.

I don't know how easy it is to get to the "rest" of Seattle (Pike Place, etc.), but for us wanting to visit just the Seattle Center it could not have been more convenient.

warmwood, thanks so much for that info.

Homewood Suites also has a couple of locations downtown. Does anyone know any info on these toher than what is on the websites. Close to Pikes Market, Space Needle, etc. and decent restaurants, lounges for a drink or two after dinner.:) We are Hilton Honors folks and either the Homewood or Hampton would be a better choice than Hilton Hotel downtown?????? Won't have a car but access to cab to airport would be a plus too.

warmwood, thanks so much for that info.

Homewood Suites also has a couple of locations downtown. Does anyone know any info on these toher than what is on the websites. Close to Pikes Market, Space Needle, etc. and decent restaurants, lounges for a drink or two after dinner.:) We are Hilton Honors folks and either the Homewood or Hampton would be a better choice than Hilton Hotel downtown?????? Won't have a car but access to cab to airport would be a plus too.

I am also HH and I've stayed at the Homewood (on Western) near the port a few times...as recent as 2 weeks ago.

The Homewood on Western is very close to the Space Needle with local bars in the area, as well as a Tullys Coffee and a neighborhood mini market within eyeshot of the hotel, up the street. It has a neighborhod feel and also free street parking if you need it. Easy cab ride to Pikes.

Also stayed at the Homewood on Pike but its not nearest the port.

If you want a bit further from the port but walking to Downtown and Pikes Place, the Homewood on Pike is for you.

My DD is in her second year at Seattle U so both Homewood properties are my "home away from home" when I am in Seattle. :)

I just want to re-stress that the reason I thought the Hampton Inn was such a great deal was BECAUSE of the parking package (it's even better than I stated, it was really 11 nights parking if you count the one we actually did stay overnight - I believe their basic charge for an overnight guest is $15). We liked the hotel because of it's proximity to Seattle Center, too. If you do not have a car you really have your choice of anyplace in the city. The original poster asked about cruise & Park packages, and that was what I was addressing.

Thank you Deb and warmwood. We will be staying in Seattle post cruise so near the port is not a priority......:):)

If you're still interested in a Homewood property, I'd choose the one on Pike then. Easy walk to all the sights downtown. Also, a walk opposite the hotel towards Seattle U and Capital Hill will yield you some fantastic local eateries. Enjoy!

If you're still interested in a Homewood property, I'd choose the one on Pike then. Easy walk to all the sights downtown. Also, a walk opposite the hotel towards Seattle U and Capital Hill will yield you some fantastic local eateries. Enjoy!

Thanks again. I am pretty sure this is the one we will do:) Is it easy to get a cab to the airport or perhaps, with any luck, they have a shuttle.

I am going to book the flights and come back on July 2nd to the East Coast. Hope to get a flight around 9:00am or so. It will be awhile before Jetblue opens up for July, 2012. They are still stuck on April, 2012:eek:

Also, altho we have Princess Transfers, perhaps I should rethink that and take the Quick Shuttle (?) and that would take us right to the hotel from Vancouver??? Do they come right to the dock for pickup?

You guys are great:D

SeaTac has a contract with a taxi company and limo company so there are always vehicles stationed at the airport parking garage.

A taxi into town costs around $40 for a 30 minute ride. A limo is about $45-$50. Info on various options is on the Port's web site.

http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/ground/

There is also an Aiporter Service that runs on a regular schedule to specific hotels downtown. If your hotel is close to one of those hotels, it might be a good option at $13 pp.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/hotels

Another vote for the Hampton Inn downtown... we stayed there pre cruise and it was an easy walk to everywhere we wanted to go (dining, Space Needle, grocery.) We didn't use the parking package but there are plenty of taxis waiting to take passengers to the piers - we didn't have to call them. Also, the taxi was cheaper than the shuttle offered by the hotel to the port. However, since we didn't arrange for a taxi van ahead of time (5 of us with a wheelchair) we had to take two separate taxis for our group to the port. It was still a little cheaper than the shuttle.

Archived