Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Congrats ehbradley, that's fantastic! And congrats to downpayment for losing 49 lbs! You still have time to make your goal, but even if you don't, enjoy your cruise at such a lower weight. Focus on the good that you have done, and the smaller clothes you can fit into.

I had the strangest WI on Friday, down 5.9 lbs. I was expecting a small gain because of celebrations and being away for the weekend. This makes up for the 2.6 lb gain the week before. I don't quite believe it, but I weighed myself several times. So what did I do to celebrate, ate too much for 2 days. argh, so stupid. I'm mad at myself for doing that.

Tracey, Unfortunately, if we all did the right thing after a surprise, there would be no need to do a WI on a weekly basis, because we would be able to manage our weight properly on our own.

After losing a large sum, you should be okay with overindulging for a couple of days. Don't beat yourself up because that leads to madness. Get back on track and enjoy the rest of your week. Ups and downs are the norm here. It is what we do about them that determine how successful we are in the long run.

Nikki

Hope everybody is doing okay on their weight loss. I've been gone from the boards for a while as my life got a little chaotic. My daughter was involved in an unfortunate firework accident. She'll be okay and the dr's said it will take about a year for her to heal completely, but, she's still here with us! Things definitely could have been so much worse. We got her off to school last week and She is settling back into her last year of college and trying to get some sort of a normal life again. I always say, "in the blink if an eye". I was just diagnosed with gall stones and my thyroid is acting crazy and through all of the turmoil I managed only to gain 3 lbs since my cruise in June. I'll take it. But now I'm buckling down and getting serious again. My goal was by My 50th, which isn't realistic at this point so my new date is by the end if the year to Lose another 20 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes your life did sound chaotic Images. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. Good to hear that she is healing tho'. Although I am sure that to her a year sounds like forever, we know it is not a long time at all.

With you suffering form gall stones and a crazy thyroid, to have only gained 3 pounds since June is almost a miracle in itself. I gained almost 2 in one week. All you can do is to keep on trying and track each meal as it comes. Before you know it, those first 20 pounds will be gone.

Nikki

Thanks Nikki, it seems the older I get the faster time goes by.

The thyroid issues are really throwing my body off kilter. I do have to admit I am not exercising like I was because I don't have the energy, but I still manage to walk 2 miles a day, five days a week, which probably assisted in the slow gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Weighed in today and am down 2 lbs since last week! Yay! :D I am now 10% of the way to my mini-goal of 20 lbs by my February cruise. Feeling motivated.

What a great attitude! And it will carry you to your goal. Just continue to do what you did this week, Waiting to hear more from you.

Nikki

Thanks Nikki, I've been on track since the weekend. But I weighed myself this morning, and am up 2 lbs. grrr Hopefully I'll be able to lower it by WI on Friday.

lmags, I'm so sorry about your daughter's accident! I'm so glad she'll recover, but I'm sure a year seems like forever to her. You're right, time goes by much faster the older you get. I totally get the 'in the blink of an eye' sentiment. Thought that the other day when I saw a near miss while driving. In a second things can change very drastically. I'm sorry for your health issues, I think it's amazing that you only gained 3 lbs with all that has happened. Sounds like you're recommitted to being back on track, so stay with that thought!

Way to go garnet! I too love your positive attitude. Keep it up.

Finally heard back from WW.

"Unfortunately, Weight Watchers does not suspend or hold online accounts. At this time time the only option is to cancel and re-subscribe at a later date."

Oh well. Canceling and resigning up isn't a great option since I would be losing money. I did the six month prepaid program and am only done 4 months.

Good luck to everyone while I'm gone. Might pop in if I find free wifi in any ports.

Hopefully I'll come back and catch up on only good news and loses, big or small.

Thanks for letting us know KandC, that's a shame. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I'm paying the price for my bad food days, up 1.1 at WI this morning. Am trying to stay focused and not just binge my brains out. Trying to keep the big picture in my head, that I've lost 45 lbs so far, not that I've had a bump in the road.

Just did my WI. I am down .2. I was hoping for a lot more than that, but at least it is a loss, so I am happy about that. This week I will keep on tracking, exercising, and watching everything that I eat. I am starting to organize for the cruise now , so with that at the front of my mind, things should have a little more meaning.

Thanks for reporting back the answer from WW, Kerri. It is about what we expected, but good to have the official version. Have a great time on your cruises, and if you get a chance, let us know how you are doing.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Missed your earlier post Tracey. I think that a loss of 45 pounds is something to celebrate. There will always be bumps and we must learn to take them in stride. That sounds like what you are doing. Good luck in the coming week.

Nancy I tried to do my 10,000 steps a day awhile back. Thanks for reminding me of that. Now if I do a mile walk on the treadmill, I think that I have accomplished something. Need to get rid of that thought and start really walking like you are.

Nikki

The last few days before we leave for Washington. Packed our bags now today we will be unpacking and doing it again. This must be like a test how many times can you pack a suitcase and how long each time it takes you.

This past week WI I had to lose one lb. Did not happen. :confused: I only lost 1/2 lb so this week will be working on the other half lb. I will weigh in either Thursday or Saturday in WA (yes already looked up a place).

Our first meal on vacation is going to be at the Crab Pot in Seattle. Figure with all the walking we will be doing I am going to be OK. I hope HEHE

Now off to work and count down days begin. Only 4 more wake up days than we are out of here!!:D

I went to my meeting yesterday, but opted not to weigh in. I was up a lb, and I want this week to be the week I hit goal. I weighed at home this morning, and I'm back down. I assume it was water weight yesterday from a salty meal. I'm probably going to swing by and weigh in tomorrow just to give myself one more day to lose a cushion in case there is a scale difference. Fingers crossed I hit my number!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You guys getting close to goal are awesome!!!! And going on a vacation to celebrate is a great incentive. I hope you are able to walk this week in the heat Nancy, because you did a great job last week. But if not remember that any loss is good.

Have a good week, all.

Nikki

What do you do when in the morning it shows you lost the weight but come night time the scale is back up.

I would really like to go and get weighed in this morning it showed I was down the 1/2 lb I needed to be down. But when I came home from work its back up and than some.

We leave on Friday and I would like to get this 50lb lost over with before we leave but with this issue don't think it will happen.

Any suggestions?

You are flirting with 1/2 pound. Concentrate on the fact the you have had a loss of almost 50 pounds. And in the morning, you HAD lost that last I/2 pound. If your goal is to maintain for 6 weeks to become a Lifetime member, you will need to do that after you return anyway. Go and enjoy your cruise. Track, walk like you need to escape from someone. If you gain a little, remember that you are in this for life. You have proven to yourself that you know exactly what to do, and you will do it. Don't set yourself up for failure. Have an awesome cruise.

Nikki

You are flirting with 1/2 pound. Concentrate on the fact the you have had a loss of almost 50 pounds. And in the morning, you HAD lost that last I/2 pound. If your goal is to maintain for 6 weeks to become a Lifetime member, you will need to do that after you return anyway. Go and enjoy your cruise. Track, walk like you need to escape from someone. If you gain a little, remember that you are in this for life. You have proven to yourself that you know exactly what to do, and you will do it. Don't set yourself up for failure. Have an awesome cruise.

Nikki

This will be my first 50lb. I was hoping for lots of weight lost but than as the big number kept coming closer I had to go for it. I may just weigh in when I m in Washington before the cruise. When I get back I will be working on the next 25. Taking small steps for this journey. Thanks for the pep talk. I still can't believe where I am today to where I was 10 months ago.

I am hoping not to gain too much keep walking and most important walk away from the food.

I DID IT! Weighed in this morning and I am .6 lbs below my goal weight. I have 4 days until we leave for vacation, so I'm sticking to my low points for the rest of the week. If I can drop another lb before leaving, it will make me feel better about the food damage I'm going to do on the ship. I'm going to try to have a sensible breakfast and lunch, but I'm going to enjoy dinner while cruising. I plan on hitting the ship's gym and running track each evening after putting my lo down for the night. It's what I do at home, so it's nothing new for me to workout at night. May as well continue it on vaca.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by ebradley23

Congrats on reaching your goal. And the plan you have in place for your cruise will help you to get of the ship without a big gain. enjoy your time in Washington AND on the cruise. You deserve it.

Nikki

I tried to eat Power Foods on my last cruise and was quite successful for the most part. However, my downfall was drinking wine at dinner and my great weakness is cruise ship bread. I never eat bread anywhere else but tend to scarf it down on a cruise ship. But after a 2 week vacation followed by a 16 day cruise, I only gained 3.4 pounds, so I think that the saving grace were the Power Foods. They certainly are not going to harm you.

Nikki