Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I am happy to report its offical 50lbs less of me on this cruise. YES I did and darn proud of myself!

Now to get this vacation started in less than 6 hrs I will be up and traveling to the airport. So darn excited to see my son and family;

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YAY!YAY!YAY!..

You have every right to be proud of yourself. Way to go. Now enjoy that cruise.!!!

Nikki

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YAY!YAY!YAY!..

You have every right to be proud of yourself. Way to go. Now enjoy that cruise.!!!

Nikki

Oh I am so going to enjoy this cruise. WOrked my butt off to get there today. I normally do not go on Thursday but I wanted my 50lb charm cause I am afraid I will gain some and not be 50 when I get back LOL!

So a few weeks of keeping this weight is all I want to do than after the cruise Back to work for another 30lbs!

I am happy to report its offical 50lbs less of me on this cruise. YES I did and darn proud of myself!

Now to get this vacation started in less than 6 hrs I will be up and traveling to the airport. So darn excited to see my son and family;

Congrats! Enjoy your cruise. I know I'm going to enjoy mine!

Gaining 3 pounds on a 12 day cruise is not a bad thing. Especially when you have every intention to get back to goal in a short time.

Did my WI this morning and I am down 2.3 .I am happy with that. Now if I can keep it up until we leave for Europe in 5 weeks, I will be ecstatic. I don't even feel I must lose 2 pounds a week, I will be content with a 1 pound loss. Then the big trick will be to try to maintain that weight over the entire trip. Those extra 6 points for maintenance will be super important. Lots of walking every day as well.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Downpayment, I'm thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!! What an achievement! Have a blast, get lots of activity in on the cruise, and you'll do fine.

Not bad seavoyager. Hope you had a wonderful time!

Congrats Nikki, you've been doing great! I know you can keep it up. You're on a roll.

I did my WI this morning, down 1 lb, which is what I had gained last week. AT least it's down, just need to get my motivation back. Where oh where has it gone? lol

A friend posting this on my facebook page, don't know if the link will work here:

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/weightloss-tips/one-pound-of-fat-visualized

Thanks Tracey and the same back at you. What I want to know is where has that hunk been hiding?!!!! LOL.

To see the fat visualized like that really puts our work into perspective doesn't it? I have lost almost 10 pounds and think of it as a whole turkey. I have a friend who remarks on losing a pound of butter every time she loses one. I had forgotten about those images and so am glad you brought them up again. We need constant reminders that what we are achieving is worthwhile whenever we succeed in losing any amount. After all when we lose it is bound to be FAT.

Nikki

I started out a few months ago tracking with the Points Plus system. Yesterday out of curiosity I checked out what it would be like to do the old points system. I would get I think 12pts less per day by doing the old points system. Anway, I thought I would try it. Can someone explain the difference between the old and new systems? Thanks.

Once again I am a happy camper. Just did my WI and I am down another 1.7 pounds this week. Now I am back to where I was a month ago. I need to keep on this roll until our holiday when I will try my very best to maintain for 2 months until we return.

Nikki

Woo-Hoo, down 1 lb at yesterday's WW weigh-in. I'm like a turtle, slow but getting there.

*** I wanted to share that I tried the new Morning Star Farms Mediterranean Chickpea burgers. 3 pts and Wow, they are really good.

If you like chickpeas, they are almost halved into the burger, not ground. Lots of herbs and spices plus a little tomato and spinach blend in. I tried it on a lite whole-grain bun with some dijon mustard, lettuce and tomato but think that next time I may try them with some thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced onion and some homemade tzatziki sauce. -Or- topped with a little low fat Feta over some coucous with grilled veggies.

BTW: I found them at Walmart as not all of the stores carry them yet.

Hang in there Nikki and best wishes for everyone's weigh-in.

:)

Cari

I weighed myself in the scale at our post-cruise hotel. I'm hoping that thing is WAY off! It says I gained 5 lbs. I'm certain I gained some, but I exercised nearly every night. I'm hoping that most of it is due to water retention. I do tend to retain water while traveling.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You will get a more accurate weight on your regular scales. They do not have loads of people stepping on them and adjusting them every day. It likely is water weight and the rest will come off in the first couple of weeks.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Just weighed in. A big disappointment. I am up .7. I thought that I would be down a little or at least would have maintained. I must not have tracked everything, or portions were too large. I must be more careful this week.

Nikki

So I may have lost my ever-loving mind on the cruise. I ate FOUR deserts a day! I did my egg-white omelets and exercised almost daily. I had 35 or more activity points according to my Activelink. Anyway, I really did gain 6 lbs :( Most was water weight and I was down to only being up 3 lbs by Tuesday. I've either been on the elliptical or ran 6 days this week, and I can happily say I'm down 1 lb from my pre-cruise weight. My official weigh in is improve, but my scale is accurate to theirs it should be the same or even better, since I ran 4 miles while pushing our son in the jogging stroller today.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Your activity points must be what saved you after eating 4 desserts a day. I am not surprized that 3 pounds was water weight. Congrats on being less now than when you began the cruise. What a shame that it goes on so easily but takes lots of determination and effort to get off.

Nikki

Just weighed in. A big disappointment. I am up .7. I thought that I would be down a little or at least would have maintained. I must not have tracked everything, or portions were too large. I must be more careful this week.

Nikki

While I hate those old fashioned scales in the doctor's office, it at least validated that I hadn't gained any weight in the last few months since my last appointment, but it also means I hadn't lost any:(.....Still being at 170 with 8 or so months before cruising and wanting to shed the last 19 pounds (at least)....I'm trying to think of how else to lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF:eek: SO FREAKING FRUSTRATING:rolleyes:

While I hate those old fashioned scales in the doctor's office, it at least validated that I hadn't gained any weight in the last few months since my last appointment, but it also means I hadn't lost any:(.....Still being at 170 with 8 or so months before cruising and wanting to shed the last 19 pounds (at least)....I'm trying to think of how else to lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF:eek: SO FREAKING FRUSTRATING:rolleyes:

I hear you!!!! What I find most frustrating is the 2 pounds that I lose but keep running into over and over again. I must have lost 20 pounds with those 2.

Nikki

I hear you!!!! What I find most frustrating is the 2 pounds that I lose but keep running into over and over again. I must have lost 20 pounds with those 2.

Nikki

That is a pain to happen over and over again. I'm like just stay gone already!

I finally entered my weights online from my cruise weeks and I'm up .5 lbs from before the cruise. Still it is the first time I've ever gained.

We took the stairs about 80% of the time going up and 90% going down.

Dinner was on deck 3 and so was a lot of the trivia games, so we got a lot of exercise with our cabins being on deck 8 and then deck 9.

I think my best behaving moment was during a midnight Mexican food and dessert buffet I grabbed a green apple and wandered around taking photos of all the stuff that was bad for me. Apple in one hand and camera in the other means I can't pick up anything else.

We did the dining room or the lido deck buffet for lunches. Dining room for dinner every night but one of the 14. I had desert every night, but I didn't finish them every time.

Went to afternoon tea one sea day and I picked two of the smallest treats they offered and shared with DH. I stayed away from the large cake slices.

The big calorie thing for me this time was alcohol. I don't usually drink much and in the previous 4 months I'd only had 2-3 drinks total. I could have decided to still abstain...but I didn't. Three excursions we had booked had drinks included and since there was no diet pop I decided what the heck, this was my booze cruise! Then we also got a free drink each both weeks for being Gold and two Gold and above past guest parties where they were serving full size drinks instead of the old cocktail size.

Had a great vacation, but I'm back now and trying to remember to track again.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Starting tomorrow, Sept. 20 till Oct. 18th I have to really behave myself during the week to save points for all the weekend temptations.

I have 4 birthday parties (70, 96, 38 and 40th), 1 dinner party and 2 Canadian Thanksgiving dinners to get through.

I've had a couple bad weeks. My daughter is visiting with 21 month old twins , all planning, etc. seems to have gone out the window. Luckily there is plenty of activity going on so I think I'll be ok. They are going home tomorrow so back to the plan. Boohoo. Hope everyone has a good week. Nancy