Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Guest debbiejohncruise
I did the same with what I thought was a new healthy taco choice in a Boston Pizza restaurant. Figured out the points from the restaurant's nutritional list online when I got home and I shouldn't have eaten the third one. At least I played volleyball that night for some activity points.

This week we went to Montana's before volleyball and I had their Fire Grilled Salmon Salad with Peach Poppy Seed Dressing. I just calculated it from their info and it was 20 points! How? I can understand the 12 for the salmon, nuts and goat cheese. but how is that thin, not-creamy dressing 8 points. I think I will send them an email to confirm because the nutritional page has teeny tiny print that does not enlarge for me.

I've been slacking on tracking my points and drinking water and I really need to add more exercise to get things going in the right direction again.

It got cold quick here in Ontario, some places got snow last night. Makes me just want to curl up in a blanket.

It's incredible on how many extra points there are in salad dressing. Check out the ones at Wendy's. My husband used to think ordering a Caesar Salad was a great choice until he saw the points. I was surprised how many restaurants don't have light dressings. I find that for me to be on track I have to check out the restaurant online first and then I know exactly what to order when I get there. We went out to an Old Mill restaurant for lunch on Sunday and were a little surprised when we got there that what we wanted on the menu wasn't available and had to scramble to make another choice. We will do it ladies. :)

Guest debbiejohncruise
OK, had my Thursday weigh-in and down another notch, 17.8 total so far! I used my lose last week to motivate me to be good last weekend and was rewarded with another lose this week. It's slow but steady and that's OK with me, :). I purchased a new pedometer at the meeting and it calculates your activity points too! Pretty cool. Gonna be walking more in the weeks leading up to the Holiday Season. Coming on too fast for me, decorations in Walmart already and toy commercials on the tube, it's over 2 months away!

I also weigh in on Thursdays. Good for you on your total weight loss. I noticed last week the weight didn't show on the scale but my dress pants were so loose that we have to remember to not get disappointed when it doesn't show on the scale. Woohoo. We are not buying any Halloween treats until Thursday so we aren't tempted. Enjoy your week! Keep it up ladies!

Guest debbiejohncruise
I want in...Have been on weigh watchers points before but fell off the wagon and have gained most of the weight back :(

Maybe a support group would help me stay focused.

It seems to be a never ending battle but I am so focussed this time. I have had it with the "wearing long tshirts and stretch pants". I want to wear jeans again!

Hi everyone, new here. Started WW 8 weeks ago and have lost 15.4 lbs. I love that I'm held accountable which makes it easier for me to stay on track. Plus, DH is also dieting and we are in a fierce competition! lol He's been struggling so I'm bound an determined to pass him. (he's lost 18) We have 80 days until our cruise. I'd like to be down another 15 lbs before then.

My work provides WW free as long as you don't miss more than 3 meetings per 13 week period.

Hi everyone, new here. Started WW 8 weeks ago and have lost 15.4 lbs. I love that I'm held accountable which makes it easier for me to stay on track. Plus, DH is also dieting and we are in a fierce competition! lol He's been struggling so I'm bound an determined to pass him. (he's lost 18) We have 80 days until our cruise. I'd like to be down another 15 lbs before then.

My work provides WW free as long as you don't miss more than 3 meetings per 13 week period.

Good job.

Nice that your work does that. We tried to get a group together at a place I worked but we couldn't get enough people to want to do it. Ours was going to be discounted, but not free.

I just sent an email to WW about their phone apps. My phone never could get the points app, but I did install the calculator. Now the calculator app will not sign me in. It doesn't like my internet connection either through the phone or on my house network.

I'm looking at new phones for maybe November but one of my top is a Windows based phone, the Nokia Lumia 1020 and I don't see that system on their lists.

Hi, all,

I've been away from the boards for a while, and really in a funk with my WW plan. Stuck at 10-12 pounds lost and having a lot of trouble staying focused on the plan. Skipped my WI yesterday for the first time - just couldn't face the music. This weekend trying to get back on track (getting rid of the Halloween candy!), swam for an hour yesterday and plan to get out on the bike today - maybe focusing on exercise will kick me back into gear.

Congrats to all you who are doing so well! You're inspiring me to get back on track!

Andrea

October was a very bad month for me also. To many bad choices and a long weekend with DH made for a 5 lb gain. Ugh. Decided for November I am going to try simply filling plan. This time of year seems to make me quite hungry and am hopping that will work for me. I lost 1lb at WI on Sat. so hopefully I can stick with it. Disney in 66 days and cruising in 69 is insentive also. Hope everyone has a good week. Nancy

Guest debbiejohncruise

I find we tend to be very hard on ourselves. I find at WW we focus on pounds lost vs inches lost and it's really inspiring to know that sometimes the scale doesn't show our success but our clothes show it in that they are really loose! I have lost 18 pounds so far in 8 weeks and feel so empowered.

Our brains play "mind" games with us, pardon the pun. We think we need something but we know it's just a want, talking from experience. I love how my energy level is back up to it's peak - and I'm 59 now!!!! Hang in there ladies. If you are having a bad week, turn the page and start weighing and recording. I had been off track since May 2012 and it feels so good to be eating healthier now.:)

Wow, am I ever going to have a challenge this week, going to Las Vegas in the morning for a few days. Already stressing and not even on the plane yet. I can easily do all my daily points in drinks, haha. I'm really going to try to make some good choices, I find now after so many weeks on WW that if I eat too much I just feel awful and I can't do that in Vegas. I'll miss a meeting and have a whole week to work off any excess before I weigh in again. Please send "good vibes" my way, thanks.

WOW! I was bored & was surfing the boards & found the WW thread. Good that so many are focused on healthy eating. I have been a WW since May & am down 30 lbs. Just returned from a Eastern Med cruise with a day in Rome at either end of the cruise. I had a plan to enjoy myself but not to make food & drink the total focus of the cruise. My leeway was a gain of no more than 2 lbs & I am happy to say my gain was .6 lbs. I set the alarm & early morning I ran/ walked 3 miles almost every day. I allowed myself a glass of wine daily but when in Rome we ordered wine at lunch & dinner. I almost always started dinner with a double portion shrimp cocktail. I tried to stick with fish entrees & sometimes just ordered salmon from the left page of the menu . I asked for no potatoes & added extra veggies. Ate lots of fruit . No dessert after dinner but around 10pm went to Oceanview Café for 1-2 small 2 bite desserts if I saw ones I really wanted.I never felt deprived. I hope to reach my goal weight before our next cruise in February on Eclipse but if I don't I will get to my goal weight at some point. Tracking & meetings work for me! Good Luck to all !

Ive done WW many times and always lose weight but I have a hard time keeping it all off.. Right now I am at 274.. My goal is to be 225. By Cruise time.. DW and I are doing WW together.. we cruise in May 2014

This is my first WW venture but there are several men & women at my weekly meeting who are life time members. All of them say the same thing you said- the maintenance is the hard part. But the successful ones echo the same thread- keep tracking & coming to meetings. I will reach the life time status & I know that meetings at least every 2 weeks would keep me on track. The added benefit that life time members are free as long as they remain within 2 lbs of their goal weight is another plus. I use e tools but do not track that way. I just need meetings as support. Good luck to both of you in your WW program.

This is my first WW venture but there are several men & women at my weekly meeting who are life time members. All of them say the same thing you said- the maintenance is the hard part. But the successful ones echo the same thread- keep tracking & coming to meetings. I will reach the life time status & I know that meetings at least every 2 weeks would keep me on track. The added benefit that life time members are free as long as they remain within 2 lbs of their goal weight is another plus. I use e tools but do not track that way. I just need meetings as support. Good luck to both of you in your WW program.

They are righr about maintaining but don't think about that now..

Got off track for the last month..

But jumped back on the wagon yesterday.

Tracking on WW Mobile for the first time.

Guest debbiejohncruise

I am on the verge of getting out of the 200s! So excited. My DH and I are doing WW together (I go to the meetings) and we are both losing well. I think having the cruise B2B in Feb is a great goal for us. We did a Bermuda cruise in Sept and lost/stayed the same. Cruising doesn't have to be about gorging on food, but it took us a while to figure that out - lol. Have a great week everyone! <3

Well....didn't do too bad in Las Vegas.....we only had 4 meals in the two days we were there, dinner, breakfast and two "snacks"....BUT, as a person who does not eat/tolerate salt/sodium boy, did I retain the water! I'm up a little over a pound but absolutely back on track. Of course my "snacks" were hotdogs because they are my all time favorite so it was kinda self imposed, lol. I know I'll have a good loss next weighin, Welcome to our "Newbies", :)

Edited by TravelRocker

Guest debbiejohncruise
Congratulations on your 20 lb weight loss! That is a major milestone. Keep up the good work. It is good that you & hubby are in this together for the support.

I received my 4th 5 pound star last week and now focussing on getting into the 100s from the 200s! Hope everyone has a great week!

Just saw this thread and I'm ecstatic !! I've been a WW member for just over a year now and currently down 65lbs . I started my journey just shortly after my best friend asked me to be in her wedding . Within the past year I have cruised and plan on going on another one in January . Last cruise that I went on I literally printed out the whole dining room menus and pointed everything before I went so I could stay on track ...only gained 2lbs after that trip so I think i did okay .

I've always wanted to zip line and unfortunately last cruise I wasn't able to due to weight limit ... YET.. This upcoming cruise I am going zip lining !!!! Very very excited !

Can't wait to read more of the posts

Guest debbiejohncruise

I am now down 22 lbs and received my keychain at the meeting on Thursday! Woohoo! So excited. We are on a roll, my husband and I! He has lost 12 lbs.:)

Guest debbiejohncruise
Just saw this thread and I'm ecstatic !! I've been a WW member for just over a year now and currently down 65lbs . I started my journey just shortly after my best friend asked me to be in her wedding . Within the past year I have cruised and plan on going on another one in January . Last cruise that I went on I literally printed out the whole dining room menus and pointed everything before I went so I could stay on track ...only gained 2lbs after that trip so I think i did okay .

I've always wanted to zip line and unfortunately last cruise I wasn't able to due to weight limit ... YET.. This upcoming cruise I am going zip lining !!!! Very very excited !

Can't wait to read more of the posts

Good for you!!!! 65 pounds is a great loss. We have cruised and done well, as there are so many healthier choices on the cruise ships now. Have fun with the zip lining. I have to get braver to try that!

Thanks ! Ive kind of gotten off track after the wedding but i keep telling myself " you lost during the holidays last year so there is NO excuse to lose this holiday season " .. does anyome know if there is a WW cruise ? That woukd actually be quite fun i think . All yoir meals pretty much pointed out for you

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Guest debbiejohncruise

I am now down 27 + pounds! We had a Christmas party last night and we both ate healthily and feel great. I went from size 20 to 16 now. Woohoo!

Debbiedoesit: Congrats on the weight loss!

While I didn't make my goals prior to the cruise, I did manage to lose two lbs on while I was gone. In all the cruises I've taken, I've never once gotten by with less than four lbs gained. So I was pretty happy about that.

Back on track now that I'm home. Next cruise is in about six months, so I've got plenty of time to reach my goals by then!

Congratulations to everyone on your weight loss journeys. I too am a WW, down 23 lbs and 2 sizes, so far. I will be close® to my goal by my next cruise March 14, 2014. I would love to attend a meeting while on board. In 2002 we sailed Golden Princess and I remember seeing that they had WW meeting during the cruise. Does anyone know if there are any meetings on board?